This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Botcon David Kaye Panel--Info on New Animated Series!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Botcon David Kaye Panel--Info on New Animated Series!

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:53 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
David Kaye is a very busyman here at Botcon!

I was able to listen in to his panel discussion this afternoon. This was only his 3rd of four for the entire weekend (not to mention autographs).

He was extremely likable and funny. He did an off the cuff improvised 'Golf Outing' between BW Megatron, and the new Animated Optimus Prime. It was hilarious!

"Autobots suck at golf, yes..." --BW Megatron
"Megatron, where's my 5-iron?" --Animated Prime
"I left it hidden back on the ship, dolt." --BW Megatron

He also laid down the 'Rubber Ducky' Song for us in BW Megatron's voice.

Now to the really interesting stuff about the animated cartoon that he shared:

-This cartoon they are recording the voices together in the same room.
-Appearing characters that he mentioned:

Prowl (Jeff Dennis)
Prime (David Kaye)
Bumblebee (Bumper Robinson--'Chris Rock' like)
Ultra Magnus (Jeff Dennis-- very Robert Stack-y)
Arcee (Susan Blu reprisal?)
Black Arachnia (Cree Summer)
Grimlock (David Kaye --did a SNL Phil Hartman Frankenstien-y voice as an example)
Lugnut (David Kaye)
Starscream (Tom Kenney)
Ratchet (Corey Burton)
Shockwave (Corey Burton)
Megatron (Corey Burton)
Jazz (Phil LaMarr, of MadTV fame)
Blurr (Reprised by John Moshita)
Bulkhead (Bill Fagerbacky-- Patrick from Spongebob)

-He said (without giving away story...although it sounds like at ComicCon all will be revealed), that there would be G1 things surfacing, and that the comedy would be back.

-This series is scheduled to start in January 2008. He said they already wrapped up two seasons, 29 total episodes, I believe he said, and the special (if my notes are correct).

Also, he did note that recording star music spoofer Weird Al Yankovic will be a guest on an episode, as a garbage truck TF (he thought he remembered that as the form).

(If I spelled some names wrong, I apologize, the hotel internet goes in and out like the wind, and I could not get on imbd to check them.)

If you have a chance, I suggest going to visit David kaye if he is at a convention near you. He is a great personality, and a very entertaining speaker.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:04 pm

I'm soooooo happy that Corey will be reprising Shockwave. I just hope they let him keep his old G1 Shockwave voice, that's what makes him Shockwave! It'll be nice to see some of the G1 vast return to reprise their old characters, I can't wait to hear John as Blurr again, & I hope Susan does do Arcee. It's too bad Venus Terzo couldn't do Blackarachnia, even if it's not the same Blackarachnia. Phil LaMarr as Jazz......should be interesting. Static Shock/Green Lantern as Jazz......hmmmm this actually doesn't sound too bad like it looks...............
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby justynnbailey » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:09 pm

Oddly enough I confused Phil Lamarr with Bumper Robinson when both were on an episode of Futurama....I think LaMarr is the perfect choice for Jazz and even recommended him to voice Jazz in my War Within cartoon idea a while back.......I cant say I am a fan of the "Chris Rock" sounding Bumblebee but I am glad the he is in the show...and Grimlock too....although....is there any word on if he will be a Dinobot or not?
justynnbailey
Minibot

Postby Prowl76 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:14 pm

Motto: "Can't live by logical thinking alone."
Weapon: Wind Funnel Producing Laser
Sounds cool to me.
Prowl76
Godmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:18 pm

I want an MP3 of Megatron singing the Rubber Ducky Song!!!
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Nemescream » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:40 pm

Well if anything the voice cast will be great. :)
Nemescream
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby OptimusShr » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:43 pm

Supreme Convoy wrote:I want an MP3 of Megatron singing the Rubber Ducky Song!!!

Seconded!
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Senor Hugo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Hm, the voice cast is looking good.

However, the TF-cast lineup is really confusing me, especially with the story outline we saw earlier.

"Transformers dealing with human villains" thing.

Now, I just hope they make Grimlock not a retard in the cartoon, make him a T-rex, and that we get a better toy to replace the pathetic excuse of "classics" Grimlock.

That and bring in more Decepticons, because only 3(maybe 5 depending on Black Arachnia and Lugnut) just isn't enough.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Nemescream » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Senor Hugo wrote:That and bring in more Decepticons, because only 3(maybe 5 depending on Black Arachnia and Lugnut) just isn't enough.

It's like the antithesis of the new movie. Too many Autobots now. :lol:
Nemescream
Micromaster

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Senor Hugo wrote:Now, I just hope they make Grimlock not a retard in the cartoon, make him a T-rex, and that we get a better toy to replace the pathetic excuse of "classics" Grimlock.

You don't like Classics Grimlock? I know the T-Rex head as the feet is a little stupid, but the rest of him is pretty cool. Oh well, to each his own.
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Blozor » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:54 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Devil Gundam wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:I want an MP3 of Megatron singing the Rubber Ducky Song!!!

Seconded!

Should be sent to Wayward at In Space at least.
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Aurax » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:56 pm

You know, I was really sort of ambivalent about this series when news first broke, then moved into a vague dislike for it after the first image came out.

The second image, from last week or so, moved me back into the ambivalent column.

The news of the VO cast, Kaye's representation of their characterizations, and the fact that they're all in the same room, able to act off of each other, moves me into the "I'm looking forward to it" column.

Every series, from Beast Wars through Cybertron, has come back to the G1 conventions established from 1984-1987, because that is what works. There is a kernel at the core of this scattered mythology that perseveres - for a good reason - and this series (despite the truly awful title of the series) demonstrates that Hasbro is slowly embracing this truth.

I predict within three years that we will start hearing about a truly G1 series that wholly embraces some or all of the old animated continuities and picks up where the story left off.
Aurax
Micromaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Bouncy X » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:56 pm

stupid question but............is this for that "transformers animated" that'll be on cartoon network? or that second apparent series called "heroes" ?
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Senor Hugo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:58 pm

Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:
Senor Hugo wrote:Now, I just hope they make Grimlock not a retard in the cartoon, make him a T-rex, and that we get a better toy to replace the pathetic excuse of "classics" Grimlock.

You don't like Classics Grimlock? I know the T-Rex head as the feet is a little stupid, but the rest of him is pretty cool. Oh well, to each his own.

Well, it's not that I don't like him. It's that Hasbro could have done a better job of designing the figure. The legs, the feet that fold underneath to reveal the hands. The tail that turns into whatever it's supposed to be.

It's just not that good a figure. I own Mirage, I loved how they designed him, it was an awesome take on Mirage. But Grimlock just didn't have that Grimlock feel.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt

Postby Bass X0 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:00 pm

there is no heroes *that was a working title*. only transformers animated.
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Postby HybridHero » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:04 pm

I'm liking the extended cast list (Arcee AND Blackarachnia? HELLS YES!), and even the voice actors. Phil Lamarr can do no wrong, and I love David Kaye's Beast Wars Megs (I wish the newer Megs had shared his personality).

I'm sort of wondering why they made the choice to go with David Kaye for Optimus though, it's going to throw me off, he's been Megatron for more than a decade at this point.

PS. They definitely need more Decepticons.

PPS. PATRICK from SPONGEBOB?!? This could either be awesome or total crap, I'm on the fence as to which.
HybridHero
Minibot

Postby BlurPrime » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:23 pm

Awesome now all we need is hear the lines being done by the voice actors. im kinda now looking forward for this series now.
BlurPrime
Micromaster

Postby Kranix-76 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:55 pm

Is it sad that my first thought at seeing Magnus was "please make him all UK badass and not a wimp that lacks coping skills"?

Now I'm very interested in seeing where this goes. Maybe the press release blurbs were a bit inaccurate about the role of Decepticons? Or are we seeing a cast list that is inflated with one- or two-episode appearances by characters? Either way, the cast sounds promising...though I wonder what the odds are of one of former cartoon voice actors (Beast Wars, G1) popping-in as a one- or two-line cameo...
Kranix-76
Micromaster

Postby Senor Hugo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:03 pm

Kranix-76 wrote:Is it sad that my first thought at seeing Magnus was "please make him all UK badass and not a wimp that lacks coping skills"?

Now I'm very interested in seeing where this goes. Maybe the press release blurbs were a bit inaccurate about the role of Decepticons? Or are we seeing a cast list that is inflated with one- or two-episode appearances by characters? Either way, the cast sounds promising...though I wonder what the odds are of one of former cartoon voice actors (Beast Wars, G1) popping-in as a one- or two-line cameo...

You know, my first thought when seeing Magnus, is that I hope he's not a white Prime.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt

Postby Aurax » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:03 pm

HybridHero wrote:PPS. PATRICK from SPONGEBOB?!? This could either be awesome or total crap, I'm on the fence as to which.

I'm not opposed to voice actors who gained their renown from other, completely different roles. Lest we forget, Welker was Freddy from Scooby Doo long before he was Megatron.
Aurax
Micromaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Cybertron Optimus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:12 pm

Pretty good cast list.
Cybertron Optimus
Vehicon

Postby Kranix-76 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:15 pm

Senor Hugo wrote:You know, my first thought when seeing Magnus, is that I hope he's not a white Prime.

Crap. I had forgotten about that. Now you've given me yet another thing to worry about...

And now for the question everyone will be annoyed at me for asking: by any chance, did Mr. Kaye mention any of the voice actors who would be handling the human characters, or are there going to be no additional cast members for human parts? Since the show's set on Earth and humans will seem to have a nice bit of (maybe just peripheral) focus, it almost seems like one or two voice actors would be called-in to handle human parts exclusively. Maybe just a silly little hope that Michael Bell or Greg Berger would pop-up at some point, even if it'd just be for one of the non-transforming supporting cast... :P
Kranix-76
Micromaster

Postby Senor Hugo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:23 pm

Kranix-76 wrote:
Senor Hugo wrote:You know, my first thought when seeing Magnus, is that I hope he's not a white Prime.

Crap. I had forgotten about that. Now you've given me yet another thing to worry about...

Yeah, I really don't want to see UM end up like this.
(just a quick digibash I whipped up)
Senor Hugo
Gestalt

Postby gogleman374 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:31 pm

What The F**K? Bulk Head As Patrick From Spongebob?! Transformers Has gone Down The Drain. No you Know what it Has gone Down The Garbage Disposal And They Turned it on Grinded It up Was Coverd With Last Nights Lasagna And Was Glued Back together! Thats how Much Transformers Sucks now.While This Series is on Im just going to Watch ALOT Of G1.
gogleman374
Targetmaster

Postby Senor Hugo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:37 pm

gogleman374 wrote:What The F**K? Bulk Head As Patrick From Spongebob?! Transformers Has gone Down The Drain. No you Know what it Has gone Down The Garbage Disposal And They Turned it on Grinded It up Was Coverd With Last Nights Lasagna And Was Glued Back together! Thats how Much Transformers Sucks now.While This Series is on Im just going to Watch ALOT Of G1.

Well lets not forget the other work he's done.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0265067/

Broadway - Gargoyles
Dauber - Coach
Howard Lewis - Batman BEyond
Gossard - Roughnecks: Starship Troopers

He plays a big dumb guy. Thats Bulkhead to a T, the voice will work.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240106 2B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUN231477 4B (CA) Schoening"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT231359 8A (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JUL231104 1C Rodriguez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr K 1:100 glossy Boom Studios Comics FEB230330 5K (CA)Scalera"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr J 1:75 cardstock Boom Studios Comics FEB230329 5J Scalera"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221647 2B (CA) Campbell"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220386 3D (CA) Rivera"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JAN231644 1A (CA) Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST DAY SPECIAL #1 Cvr B IDW Comics FEB231511 1B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240110 2F (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #139 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 FEB231503 139A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Pe"
TMNT #139 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 BSE var Boom Studios Comics 2023 OCT230187 (CA) Gibson"
MMPR TMNT II #1 BS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 OCT221751 4B (CA) Smith"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON