This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime Q&A: Voice Actor Josh Keaton

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Prime Q&A: Voice Actor Josh Keaton

Postby El Duque » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The Transformers facebook page has a posted a fan Q&A with Transformers Prime's Josh Keaton, the voice of Jack Darby. The session is mirrored below for those of you who do not have facebook access.

Kayla Mitchell asks: Hey, Josh! How did you get into the voice acting business? What is like to work with veterans such as Peter Cullen and Frank Welker?

Josh Keaton: I kind of fell into it. I've been an on-camera actor for much of my life and most of my early Voice-Over (VO) roles were things I was sent to audition for by my on-camera agent. After landing a pretty big VO role I signed with an agent specifically for VO and went from there. It's pretty amazing getting to work with Peter and Frank. They voiced so many characters I grew up with and are some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

Jason Beaumont asks: Hi, Josh, just wondering if you have had any prior experience with the Transformers brand? If so, did any of the other "human" characters help to inspire your portrayal of Jack? IE: Spike, Daniel, Kicker? Love your work and can't wait to check out Season 2.

Josh Keaton: I grew up with G1; Transformers was definitely a big part of my childhood. I can't say that my Jack portrayal was really influenced by previous TF human characters. I see the humans in a different continuity as a clean slate. Established bots are more likely to have personality characteristics that might be carried over from show to show but the humans are pretty much victims of circumstance.

Morgan Williams asks: How does it feel to be a part of the Transformers legacy?

Josh Keaton: Fantastic. It's another thing I can check off of my voice-over bucket list.

Steven St.Amand asks: What advice would you give an aspiring voice actor?

Josh Keaton: Don't just focus on making voices. Acting technique and specifically cold-reading (being able to read/absorb/perform with very little to no prep time) skill is essential. You don't get a lot of time to prepare in VO so you have to be able to make a choice and run with it. Also, if you come up with a great voice, really figure out the character behind it. It's not hard to say a couple of catch-phrases in a funny voice, but make sure you can sustain that voice and character in any situation that's thrown at you.

Beth F Brownell asks: What is your favorite episode of "Transformers Prime"?

Josh Keaton: It's coming up in Season 2! My favorite season 1 episode is a toss up between Predatory and the One Shall Rise Pt. 3 where Airachnid gets owned.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Prime Q&A: Voice Actor Josh Keaton

Postby cotss2012 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Lucky bastard knows what happens in Season 2...
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon

Re: Transformers Prime Q&A: Voice Actor Josh Keaton

Postby all_the_primes » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Motto: "Thirteen Primes to rule them all. One Prime to find them. Thirteen Primes to bring them all and in the Autobots Matrix of Leadership to bind them."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
cotss2012 wrote:Lucky bastard knows what happens in Season 2...

That
all_the_primes
Minibot
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #23 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230853 (CA) Renaud (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #23 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #2 var Stormbreakers Marvel Comics FEB230706 (CA) Coccolo"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220876 (CA) Acuna (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #2 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #13 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230861 (CA) Land (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #13 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230682 (CA) Romita (W) Ahmed (A) Kuder"
DAREDEVIL #2 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #6 var Demonized Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220960 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Lim"
DAREDEVIL #6 var D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #29 var Heroes Reborn Marvel Comics 2021 FEB210642 (CA) Pacheco"
DAREDEVIL #29 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #7 var Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210903 (W) MacKay (CA) Rahzzah"
MOON KNIGHT #7 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #11 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221060 (CA) Sienkiewicz"
MOON KNIGHT #11 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #9 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC211149 (CA) Simmonds (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #9 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER ANNUAL #1 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230871 (CA) Giangiordano (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER ANNUAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL SHE-HULK #1 Marvel Comics 2020 JUL200653 (CA) Bennett (A) Davis-Hunt"
IMMORTAL SHE-HULK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #3 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC211129 (CA) Bachalo"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #1 1:25 Variant Cover Vol 9 Marvel Comics 2019 (CA)Texeira AUG190980"
GHOST RIDER #1 1:2 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON