This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Galleries: Generations Thunderwing, Skullgrin, and Cliffjumper

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Galleries: Generations Thunderwing, Skullgrin, and Cliffjumper

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:49 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
The Seibertron.com galleries just get bigger and bigger, for now the contain not one, not two but three new Generations galleries.

If you want to see the full galleries just click the images, they're big and hard to miss.

First off the Classics part which homage the Generation 1 Pretenders:

We've got the Matrix lusting bad-ass Thunderwing with his drone and cannons.
He's a brand new mould and looks a loot like his original Pretender shell.

Then we have another Pretender homage, Skullgrin. Not only does he look like Dethklok designed him, but he also likes to earn his energon as a movie star so go forth and view his gallery!
He may not be an entirely new mould, but he does feature a new head and new colours from the original mould owner Darkmount.

And Now we get the the currently last toy based off the Transformers Prime prequel game: War for Cybertron.

Here we have Cliffjumper and no he does not need any backup, because he's perfectly capable of putting "a few dings in ya" all by himself. And although he's a repaint of Bumblebee he's still walking tall since, unlike other recent Cliffjumpers, he at least has a new head.

If you want you can check out the rest of the Generations galleries by clicking here!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: New seibertron.com galleries: Generations Thunderwing, Skullgrin, and Cliffjumper

Postby --B-- » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Thanks for the pics of the CJ headswap. I guess it doesn't really work in reverse, huh?

I mis-transform Skullgrin's axe and leave the top upside down so it looks like a pitchfork. Makes him look a lot different from Straxus.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Re: New seibertron.com galleries: Generations Thunderwing, Skullgrin, and Cliffjumper

Postby Stockade » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:10 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
Awesome Galleries as always and really lovin Thunderwing, but wish he was a voyager size, but its cool, and Skullgrin is my fav!! just love that demonic head he has and the colors are perfect, the only way he would be better would be to retool him into a different figure completely or give him more weapon or even a different weapon instead of the pickaxe.
WFC Cliffjumper is ok, but WFC toys are not my thing.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:15 am

Saw these guys (all 3!) in TRU last night!

Thunderwing didn't impress me in person. The grayish/off-white color is very drab, and I hate plane molds where you can flip the plane over and there's the robot right there. I like plane molds like Terradive, where the robot is more hidden in alt mode. But mostly it's the colors that turned me off. If they ever repaint that mold, I might buy it.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:41 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
GuyIncognito wrote:Saw these guys (all 3!) in TRU last night!

Thunderwing didn't impress me in person. The grayish/off-white color is very drab, and I hate plane molds where you can flip the plane over and there's the robot right there. I like plane molds like Terradive, where the robot is more hidden in alt mode. But mostly it's the colors that turned me off. If they ever repaint that mold, I might buy it.

Like Terradive's and Tomahawk's retools were shown on their instructions, so is Thunderwing's: Black Shadow from Victory.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:42 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Like Terradive's and Tomahawk's retools were shown on their instructions, so is Thunderwing's: Black Shadow from Victory.

Then I'll definitely pass on Thunderwing and wait for Black Shadow instead!
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby Stockade » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:00 am

GuyIncognito wrote:Saw these guys (all 3!) in TRU last night!

I wonder if the United version of TW will be solid white like Jazz will be? Just a thought.

Stockade
Gestalt

Postby Stockade » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:01 am

--B-- wrote:Thanks for the pics of the CJ headswap. I guess it doesn't really work in reverse, huh?

I mis-transform Skullgrin's axe and leave the top upside down so it looks like a pitchfork. Makes him look a lot different from Straxus.

Really? noted and thanks!!

Stockade
Gestalt

Re: New Galleries: Generations Thunderwing, Skullgrin, and Cliffjumper

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:49 am

Skullgrin's head is too small.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby Seibertron » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Stockade wrote:
--B-- wrote:Thanks for the pics of the CJ headswap. I guess it doesn't really work in reverse, huh?

Really? noted and thanks!!

I did this small modification to give him "horns" like the original skullgrin's Pretender shell.

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3556
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Mkall » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
How was the stiffness of your Skullgrin Seibs? Mine was really loose and I wonder if it's worth it to pick up another one whenever I run across one.

Otherwise, real cool galleries. It's a shame Cliffjumper is a different colour from his Classics version, otherwise I would've done that headswap in an instant.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby RodimusAscendant » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Motto: "I swear by my honor that Cybertron will see its Golden Age again!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
--B-- wrote:I mis-transform Skullgrin's axe and leave the top upside down so it looks like a pitchfork. Makes him look a lot different from Straxus.

I grabbed Skullgrin yesterday and it the weapon being transformed exactly like Straxus's bothered. I think I will try it your way bud...GOOD IDEA!
RodimusAscendant
Micromaster
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Rated X » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Nice galleries. When I bought Thunderwing, I didnt know his nose became a drone. Well thats what I get for using "reviews" as online instruction booklets.

Skullgrin is cool. I also owl the G1 pretender so I was quick to buy it.

I bought Cliffjumper too hoping one day I find the classics version and swap heads. But as you displayed in the gallery, the colors just dont seem to match up.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby craggy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:11 pm

wow, all 3 of these guys look great, the repaints are both much nicer than their original colours.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby RiddlerJ » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:10 pm

While I appeciate that they molded a new head for Skullgrin, it's just not doing it for me. He would really benefit from a ram's head that fit over his head life a mask (Third Party project, maybe)

Thunderwing is growing on me though. I might have to grab him.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Seibertron » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
RiddlerJ wrote:While I appeciate that they molded a new head for Skullgrin, it's just not doing it for me. He would really benefit from a ram's head that fit over his head life a mask (Third Party project, maybe)

Thunderwing is growing on me though. I might have to grab him.

I'm a big fan of Thunderwing personally. Not sure what to make of the new Skullgrin's head. I was such a fan of the original Skullgrin (one of my all-time favorite characters/toys) that I'm just not sure what to think of this new head. I think I would have liked to see something done different with the new head. It would've been cool to give him a robot head to homage the original robot's head with a "battle mask" that fit over his normal head.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3556
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Dread_Wing » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Electro-Kinetic Blasters
Thank you for the galleries! I was going to buy Cliffjumper for the head swap, but the mismatching colours are a turn off. I wonder what colour red the united version will be? Probably some metallic sheen right? Or is that just the Takara animated?
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby OptiMagnus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Cliffjumper and Skullgrin look great, even though I have their mold siblings.
I'm just not sold on Thunderwing though. He's a lot of blaahhh to me. I-)
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby craggy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Dread_Wing wrote:Thank you for the galleries! I was going to buy Cliffjumper for the head swap, but the mismatching colours are a turn off. I wonder what colour red the united version will be? Probably some metallic sheen right? Or is that just the Takara animated?

yeah, I think Takara/Tomy United toys are shiny. It looks pretty good on the WFC figures, but don't think it'll match well. Still you could repaint the head?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Roboto750 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
I think these look pretty good. Think I'll pick them up! :D
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Galvatrondestroyer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Motto: "You cannot achieve success without the risk of failure."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
how does thunderwing and skullgrin look next to the two pack megatron? (the g2ish tank)
Galvatrondestroyer
Minibot
Strength: 8

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 am

GuyIncognito wrote:Thunderwing didn't impress me in person. The grayish/off-white color is very drab, and I hate plane molds where you can flip the plane over and there's the robot right there...

I said that yesterday, but I ended up buying him last night anyway. I got a $5 store credit in the mail from the TRU Rewards program (if you haven't joined yet, what are you waiting for?) so I only paid $7 for him.

Turns out he isn't completely transformed in the package. When I looked at the bottom of the plane in the package, I could see the head, and the chest looked like it was way too large for the plane to even sit correctly on it's landing gear. But once I opened it I realized that the chest piece is supposed to go up and cover the head, which makes a big difference.

Anyway, now that I've got him displayed in bot mode, I'm glad I bought him.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:21 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Not really interested in Skullgrin. Will probably pass on him. Was always going to get Thunderwing. Cliffjumper...OK, I'll probably get him, too, even though I already have WFC Bumblebee

Dead Metal wrote:Here we have Cliffjumper and no he does not need any backup, because he's perfectly capable of putting "a few dings in ya" all by himself. And although he's a repaint of Bumblebee he's still walking tall since, unlike other recent Cliffjumpers, he at least has a new head.

I can't help but wonder if that last line is a reference to Walking Tall...
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Darth Bombshell wrote:Not really interested in Skullgrin. Will probably pass on him. Was always going to get Thunderwing. Cliffjumper...OK, I'll probably get him, too, even though I already have WFC Bumblebee

Dead Metal wrote:Here we have Cliffjumper and no he does not need any backup, because he's perfectly capable of putting "a few dings in ya" all by himself. And although he's a repaint of Bumblebee he's still walking tall since, unlike other recent Cliffjumpers, he at least has a new head.

I can't help but wonder if that last line is a reference to Walking Tall...

I was waiting for someone to bring that up, originally I also wanted to reference "Welcome to the Jungle" but couldn't figure out how to make it fit.

Man I love the old school Rock movies.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Dead Metal wrote:I was waiting for someone to bring that up, originally I also wanted to reference "Welcome to the Jungle" but couldn't figure out how to make it fit.

Man I love the old school Rock movies.

To tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't have gotten it either if it hadn't been on TV a few weeks ago.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDSTORM Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SANDSTORM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON