This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Reveal the Shield Packaging Revealed!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Reveal the Shield Packaging Revealed!

Postby Nekoman » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:55 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
The Transformers Collector's Club's store has listed preorders for the first wave of 2011 Transformers we've been seeing over the past few days. This serves as our first look at the "Reveal the Shield" packaging that figures will be sold in starting near 2011. Click here for Jazz and Fallback and here for Mindset and Turbo Tracks.

Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: Reveal the Shield Packaging Revealed!

Postby Megazarak » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Motto: "Your Spark will extinguish between my claws!"
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
So I thought that Reveal the Shield would entail rubsigns on the figures, so does that mean that Mindset and Fallback will have them too? That's fine by me if that's the case. It also looks like there are no factions indicated on the box, so I guess it's almost supposed to be a surprise as to what faction which character belongs to (at least to those who don't know very much about the more classic TF characters) when you 'rub' the signs.
Megazarak
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Packaging sort of looks like an intermediary in design concept between HFTD and Generations.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Hairball178 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:19 pm

That must've been why they didn't go with names like "Autobot" Jazz & "Autobot" Tracks...they were too obvious.
Hairball178
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby ashe5k » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
'Reveal the Shield'? That's the best they could come up with for this?

I like the concept, I really do but it just seems... hokey and outdated seeing it splashed across the packaging like that.

Makes me glad they won't be staying in their packages when I get them.
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby OptiMagnus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Looks great! Kind of Allspark Power-esque.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby Overcracker » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
O.K. so after Revenge of the Fallen, NEST Global Alliance, Hunt for the Decepticons, now we have: Reveal the Shield sub line.

Which will encompass both ROTF style figures and Generations style figures. So what's the criteria they follow to be in this sub-sub-sub line and not in Generations?
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Last Update: April 29th, 2024:
Now holding 1100!!! figures and 2607 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I am not liking what I am seeing.

On one hand, this looks like they are deciding to merge the Generations line into the main 2010 line instead of keeping them separate like they currently are.

On the other hand, this looks like an entirely new line born out of the above-mentioned line blending.

And both hands are unappealing. Why can't they just keep the two lines going as they already are? They've barely been out in the stores long enough to warrant such a radical change. It's like Hasbro can't go two months without decidign to revamp everything they've already established.

And how will this affect the Autobot Alliance line and the upcoming United line? Are the Japanese going to have to hand pick out each figure to divide them up, instead of just going in the same flow as the U.S. lines like normal? That's a little extra work for them on their part.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Overcracker wrote:O.K. so after Revenge of the Fallen, NEST Global Alliance, Hunt for the Decepticons, now we have: Reveal the Shield sub line.

Which will encompass both ROTF style figures and Generations style figures. So what's the criteria they follow to be in this sub-sub-sub line and not in Generations?

It seems to me that they are combining Generations and HFTD into this one line. Instead of two lines, we get this one.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
I get the feeling that select Classics-styled toys will appear in the Reveal the Shield promo, while others (Perceptor, Wreck-Gar) will still be in Generations packaging. I don't think they're fully merging the lines, just co-opting a few figures for the promo.
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby Vicalliose » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Is this their idea of being clever and fresh? Ugh...
Rub symbols have been around since friggin G1! Why promote them on the box? Heck, why even use them?! They're garish, annoying, and they're usually either too sensitive or not sensitive enough.

I can understand that they probably have to combine HFTD with Generations for budget cuts. But why the useless tack on? Do they really lack that much creativity?
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby Seibertron » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
This lack of a "primary" parent line is going to kill my database. I was fine with "Generations" and "Hunt for the Decepticons" but now I'm not sure how this is going to work, especially with Movie characters in the same line with "Classics" characters. Everything for the past 26 years has fit perfectly in a series, but now ... ugh!

I'm refusing to call these the "Transformers 2010" and "Transformers 2011" lines for the time being.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3556
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby morphobots » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Vicalliose wrote:Is this their idea of being clever and fresh? Ugh...
Rub symbols have been around since friggin G1! Why promote them on the box? Heck, why even use them?! They're garish, annoying, and they're usually either too sensitive or not sensitive enough.

I can understand that they probably have to combine HFTD with Generations for budget cuts. But why the useless tack on? Do they really lack that much creativity?

As NBC once said, if you didn't see it the first time, it's new to you. Meaning: (1) kids today are too young to even know what rubsigns are, and (2) they're hoping the rest of us are too old and senile to remember Mini-Spies, the original "Reveal the Shield" faction guessing game. While I thought rubsigns were cool as a kid, I agree they have no place in today's lines as they don't fit the asthetics. Then again, I also don't understand why Habsro applied Animated faction signs as gold and silver.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby sabrigami » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Can't say I care too much about those rub stickers, but I'm just happy to see more classics Tfs. I personally couldn't care if it's one line or two, as long as there's of generations figures in there somewhere.

I also think that by combining the two lines they are probably going to save on shelf space at least. Which is great because my local TRU doesn't even have any space on the shelves for Generations atm because of HftD and other lines.
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Flashwave » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Seibs, I wouldn't worry about movie figures being in this, if yo can do a reference link to their original movie release, then great, otherwise just treat them like bleed-over figures into the Generations Line, like Cryotek became RID.

It does seem Odd that Hasbro pulled out a new card backing for the rubsign figs, but I kinda like them. For one, it gets around (almost) the fact that robots in disguise have their logos tatooed to them. Though, now all you have to do is look for a black faction-shaped blob, but still. No LOOK! IT has AUTOBOT! I MUST SHOOT IT!
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
So, am I to assume that upcoming voyager figures Grapple and Lugnut, as well as scout figures like Windcharger and various announced repaints from ROTF/HFTD will also fall under this continuity-ambiguous packaging? I'm getting the sense that the first half of 2011 Transformers figures will follow this pattern:

After X-mas, when stores reset their toy ailses and reallocate shelf space, "Reveal the Shield" will indeed be a consolidation measure for Hasbro. They'll burn off the last few "Movie 2" figures in the pipeline and then let that branch of the franchise rest until Summer 2011 when the third movie and its specific line eventually launch. During that movie toy haitus, when sales are probably going to slide a bit and the need for supply will drop, the rest of the Generations figures that have been announced will fill the gap, probably counting on nostalgic fans to buy up a sizeable portion of the supply. Then Generations (AKA Classics) will go on haitus yet again while the "Movie 3" figures have a year to dominate the Transformers shelves once more, with expanded shelf space, end caps, and special displays to boast increased supply to meet the latest surge of movie-inspired demand.

It may be a logistical nightmare for those of us who are very detail oriented about exactly which character representations fit where, etc., but it's a very smooth strategy on Hasbro's part. Ultimately, the collectors probably win too, as the "Reveal the Shield" promo will likely get the product most of us want (more "Classics" figures) on the shelves faster than if they were competing for shelf space with the tail end of the HFTD toys. That means no filler refreshes of previously released HFTD toys would be needed to fill out a case assortment, and so there would be fewer peg warmers to clutter the shelves. Also, there would be no preferrential ordering of "Movie" figures over "Classics" figures for stores with limited shelf space.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Wait, is Lugnut going to be in this? He'd be the last TF I'd expect to hide his (GLORIOUS) allegiance.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Noideaforaname wrote:Wait, is Lugnut going to be in this? He'd be the last TF I'd expect to hide his (GLORIOUS) allegiance.

I'm assuming so, as there wouldn't be any other likely Decepticon wavemate to accompany Autobots Grapple and Strafe. I'm pretty sure that Highbrow and The Fallen comprise wave 3 of HFTD Voyager toys. The only other voyagers in the pipeline are Grapple, Strafe, and Lugnut.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Firepower: 2

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Weird. I wish they'd stuck with red packaging as I think it looks a whole lot better, but other than that I don't really care one way or another. Bring on the classics-styled TFs!
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Seibertron » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:00 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I might just do a "Reveal The Shield" subline under the "Classics Universe" and a "Reveal The Shield" subline under the Movie Universe, and then have a separate parent "Reveal The Shield" line. A figure such as Classics Scout class Windcharger would have the parent "Reveal The Shield" category selected as well as the Classics subline "Reveal The Shield", that way you can find it either way on the site.

Hopefully, in due time, there will an all encompassing title for Generations, Hunt for the Decepticons, and Reveal The Shield ala "Unicron Trilogy" or "Beast Era" or "Generation One". Time will tell ...
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3556
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby cartoonconvoy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:23 am

From the photos of China Cybertron Con, Perceptor should be under the "Reveal the Shield" toyline. I think most probably Wreck-Gar will also come under this line.

As for scourge will be under generations line
cartoonconvoy
Mini-Con

Postby NIVINCo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:14 am

It would be weird if Generations is only a 10-figure line.
NIVINCo
Mini-Con

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:02 am

We should have seen something like this coming. We have had a tonne of figs revealed/confirmed over the last few weeks with zero announcements about waves and case assortments.

Looks like this is why?
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
News Credits: 36

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:33 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
sabrigami wrote:Can't say I care too much about those rub stickers, but I'm just happy to see more classics Tfs. I personally couldn't care if it's one line or two, as long as there's of generations figures in there somewhere.

I could not agree with you more!
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby cartoonconvoy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:38 am

NIVINCo wrote:It would be weird if Generations is only a 10-figure line.

There will be some more figures which are not revealed as Hasbro always say "it is too early to talk about the plan for next year"....They also said that the Generations line is for long term right.....
cartoonconvoy
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM315 7C (CA) Darboe"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220470 1E Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 JUN221675 4C (CA) Stone"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 5th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM893 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RE IDW Comics 2021 Hasbro Pulse 1RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM893 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #40 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210542 40RI (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS #40 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON