This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Postby Blurrz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
What's in store for Transformers comic fans in November? Only four releases in the second last month of the year. Transformers (Ongoing) continues with the 13th issue in the series, and movie-verse series set far in the past - Sector 07 has it's 3rd issue. Optimus and Megatron had their fun, and now it's Grimlock's time in his own collection with Transformers: Best of Grimlock. Finally there's a paperback for Transformers: Nefarious. You can check out the rest of IDW's solicitations at their website!

TRANSFORMERS #13
Mike Costa (w) • Nick Roche (a) • Don Figueroa, Roche (c)
RODIMUS might be impulsive, but he’s not stupid. The last anyone saw of him, he was rocketing off Earth in disgrace and a stolen ship. In this issue we finally see where he went, what his plan was, and which long-absent DECEPTICONS he came up against. Mike Costa and fan-favorite artist Nick Roche deliver a stand-alone issue that sets up the entire second year of the hit ongoing series.
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: Best of Grimlock
Simon Furman, Bob Budiansky (w) • Don Figueroa, more (a) • Klaus Scherwinski (c)
When it comes to the DINOBOTS, GRIMLOCK is the boss. Maybe not the brightest 'bot from CYBERTRON, he could very well be the strongest, and most committed to whatever offensive he’s been directed to complete. To his team, he is a stalwart leader, unknowing of fear. Now read more about GRIMLOCK in this collection of his greatest stories.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 144 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-786-3

TRANSFORMERS: Sector 7 #3 (of 5)
John Barber (w) • Joe Suitor (a) • Brian Rood (c)
Let us tell you a story of two bank robbers named Bonnie and Clyde--and their transforming death car! When young Margo Simmons helps her estranged father investigate mysterious rumors in Texas, she finds herself caught up in jailbreaks, Tommy-guns, and nonstop action as she tracks down the legendary outlaws and comes face to face with the most vicious Transformer ever made!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: Nefarious
Simon Furman (w) • Carlos Magno (a & c)
The sequel to TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN starts here! What is The Initiative? More to the point, why doesn’t the all-seeing SOUNDWAVE know anything about it? How did they come to reanimate/control RAVAGE? SOUNDWAVE must find the answers, and he’ll destroy anything in his path to get them! The big screen adventures of the TRANSFORMERS continue.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 148 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-787-0

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Postby _Anshin_ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 am

Anyone know where I can buy the Ongoing series? Has the TPB come out yet? I picked up 13 and now I would like to find out what happened in 1-12
_Anshin_
Brainmaster

Postby dragons » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 am

so thats how bonnie & clyde became famous :KREMZEEK: that bot behind them looks like jazz very close in the head & in body.

like that cover with starscream & rodimus
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby ceratoformers3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:04 am

Don's new style makes it look they all have beards. To me at least anyways. :D
ceratoformers3
Micromaster

Postby partholon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:47 am

_Anshin_ wrote:Anyone know where I can buy the Ongoing series? Has the TPB come out yet? I picked up 13 and now I would like to find out what happened in 1-12

first trade is out now so you should be able to get it in any comic shop or online on amazon or play.com

that has the first 6

the second one wont be out till december. i think around the 28th or so but im not certain on the specific date.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Darth Bombshell » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:36 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
I have to admit that this issue of Sector 7 makes me really interested in the series as a whole. Not interested enough to not wait for the TPB, but enough to make me want the TPB when it comes out.

RODIMUS might be impulsive, but he’s not stupid.

Yes. Yes, he is. And from how IDW's pimped this issue, he's about to get a total frontal lobotomy.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby BeastWars 4ever » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:22 am

Ongoing really looks interesting. Can't wait!
BeastWars 4ever
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Chupacabra Convoy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Motto: "Wait, we're supposed to save all humans? Are you sure?"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Wow, that cover for the ongoing looks awesome, and with Nick Roche drawing it, I think it definitely be a solid buy art wise, and since it is supposed to be a self contained issue, I hope it's got plenty of action.

Also Starscream with the Matrix holding down Rodimus like Galvatron in the Animated movie is just WIN for me.
Formerly Nova-Ting Ranger (That's right, I'm back! And in Pog form!)
Chupacabra Convoy
Vehicon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby _Anshin_ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:17 pm

partholon wrote:
_Anshin_ wrote:Anyone know where I can buy the Ongoing series? Has the TPB come out yet? I picked up 13 and now I would like to find out what happened in 1-12

first trade is out now so you should be able to get it in any comic shop or online on amazon or play.com

that has the first 6

the second one wont be out till december. i think around the 28th or so but im not certain on the specific date.

Thank you
_Anshin_
Brainmaster

Postby Supreme Convoy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Man, I'm loving that Starscream & Rodimus cover!
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Bobton03 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:58 am

Motto: "When Goldbug is to become a Prime, then his name shall be "Aurum Prime.""
Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle
The #13 cover for the 'Ongoing' series looks great, but I have one question: Why are we back to having the 'Ongoing' Transformers resemble those from the movie(s)? The 'Ongoing' series started off like this and I did not like it. Why not establish a "look" for Transformers -- like the one established by not only Marvel, Dreamwave, and the first few years of IDW story arcs, and stick with it? All I want is artistic continuity!!!

- Bob
Bobton03
Minibot

Postby Blurrz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:02 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Bobton03 wrote:The #13 cover for the 'Ongoing' series looks great, but I have one question: Why are we back to having the 'Ongoing' Transformers resemble those from the movie(s)? The 'Ongoing' series started off like this and I did not like it. Why not establish a "look" for Transformers -- like the one established by not only Marvel, Dreamwave, and the first few years of IDW story arcs, and stick with it? All I want is artistic continuity!!!

- Bob

Don just does the cover, I'm pretty sure the art inside the comic is Guidi's stuff.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Rodimus_Major86 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:58 am

Motto: "The deadliest weapon is your imagination!"
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
It's neat that Rodimus is making an appearance after the shameful way he left. I'm a little concerned with Roche being the artist for this issu.

I don't have anything against Roche as an artist, he is entitled to his own style and forms of creativity but personally I find his designs a little over-the-top cartoony. Given the movie-verse styled designs Don worked hours on end to create, it gave the transformers a very unique and realistic look (my GOD why didn't Bay use designs like this!?). I wish they had Kept Don on this series, it's hard to adjust from the realistic badass look of Don's bots to the G1-style look of Guido's bots. Given they still maintain some of Don's designs (Optimus, Bumblebee, Thundercracker) while others have shifted back to G1.

With Roche on the art for this, I'm very concerned, why couldn't they have brought Don back for this issue. I know Roche is a Rodimus fan (I think) but in all honesty it's just too 'toony' for me. I'd like to see Don back on the act, or get Milne to do a couple issues
Those who act like they know everything annoy those of us that do.
Rodimus_Major86
Micromaster
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
NEW!
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FREEZER Transformers Studio Series Core Class Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
FREEZER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
NEW!
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON