This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TF War for Cybertron 360 Demo Drops June-10th

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

TF War for Cybertron 360 Demo Drops June-10th

Postby sparty2304 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Our Friends over at TFW2005 posted some info from an interview with Matt Tieger, High Moon Studio's game director.

The June 10th DEMO Drop is the biggest news to me.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-war-cybertron-discussion/307768-kotaku-interviews-hms-prepare-your-questions-devs.html
Last edited by sparty2304 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 6

Re: TF War for Cybertron 360 Demo Drops June-10th

Postby sabrigami » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Yay and crap at the same time. I don't have my Gold membership yet :BANG_HEAD: Good thing we'll get some time to play with it. Hope I don't suck too bad though lol
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
f*k the 360! I want a damn demo for the PS3. You know what? Now, Im gonna buy a 360 just so that I can smash the damn thing with a hammer and send it back to them in s PS3 box!

PS3 FTW!
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby sabrigami » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:24 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:f*k the 360! I want a damn demo for the PS3. You know what? Now, Im gonna buy a 360 just so that I can smash the damn thing with a hammer and send it back to them in s PS3 box!

PS3 FTW!

I have both systems, but it seemed to me by reading the posts here that most people had a 360. Besides, normally for multi-platform games ps3 version has more flaws etc. than the 360 ones. Sorry you feel that way, but it will be out soon enough :P
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr

Postby RogueDeathangel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:14 pm

One possible reason for the demo being 360 only is that 360 owners pay for their subscription to Live, whereas PS3 owners get thier online service free of charge.
This gives Microsoft more money to use to bid for exclusive demos and downloadable content (like how 360 got the GTA IV and Fallout 3 DLC first).

Also, it might be worth considering that this is a multiplayer demo, which requires a lot more time and energy to do than a single player demo.
This is because the developers need to keep an eye on it to make sure it runs smoothly, and it requires more time to lock certain features out (features reserved for the full game).
If they were to do a demo for each system it would require two seperate teams working on each demo due to the differences in each system.
Perhaps they couldn't afford the man-power or it just wasn't financially viable to develop a demo for both systems?
If that is the case then it would make sense for them to develop a demo for the system with the highest installed user-base?

It's not because they don't care about the PS3 owners, they love you guys just as much as the 360 owners.

The Wii owners on the other hand... pfft, I heard they frickin' despise you guys.

:P :P :P :P
RogueDeathangel
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby sabrigami » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Upon further reading, seems only scouts and soldiers are available too. Dang I want to play a Scientist. Oh well, still gonna play tommorow :D
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr

Postby RogueDeathangel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:41 pm

sabrigami wrote:Upon further reading, seems only scouts and soldiers are available too. Dang I want to play a Scientist. Oh well, still gonna play tommorow :D

I thought it was Scouts and Tanks?
RogueDeathangel
Minibot

Postby sabrigami » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:46 pm

RogueDeathangel wrote:
sabrigami wrote:Upon further reading, seems only scouts and soldiers are available too. Dang I want to play a Scientist. Oh well, still gonna play tommorow :D

You're probably right, I mix the 2 classes up a bit #-o
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
RogueDeathangel wrote:One possible reason for the demo being 360 only is that 360 owners pay for their subscription to Live, whereas PS3 owners get thier online service free of charge.
This gives Microsoft more money to use to bid for exclusive demos and downloadable content (like how 360 got the GTA IV and Fallout 3 DLC first).

Also, it might be worth considering that this is a multiplayer demo, which requires a lot more time and energy to do than a single player demo.
This is because the developers need to keep an eye on it to make sure it runs smoothly, and it requires more time to lock certain features out (features reserved for the full game).
If they were to do a demo for each system it would require two seperate teams working on each demo due to the differences in each system.
Perhaps they couldn't afford the man-power or it just wasn't financially viable to develop a demo for both systems?
If that is the case then it would make sense for them to develop a demo for the system with the highest installed user-base?

It's not because they don't care about the PS3 owners, they love you guys just as much as the 360 owners.

The Wii owners on the other hand... pfft, I heard they frickin' despise you guys.

:P :P :P :P

Either way, its bullshtit! You know what? No, its my fault! Its my fault its not coming out for PS3. I bet if I vanished from the face of existance, it would somehow magically be released for PS3, I see how it is. :evil: keep us waiting, the customers just so we'll buy it when it coms out instead of buying the demo. I see. But to bad Im going on a protest! yeah, thats right Im protesting against War for Cybertron now! How do you like that!?

Well, protesting against the demo that is...PS3 users only though. And if you have both you can still download the demo, but if you're like me, who only has a PS3, I ban you all from having the demo...unless you buy a 360 tomorrow.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby shadowsfm » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 am

demo is out on xbox 360 since 6am est
shadowsfm
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby RogueDeathangel » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:23 am

Any idea on a UK release for the demo?
RogueDeathangel
Minibot

Postby i am Dj fLiP » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:37 am

Motto: "I can make you do the ROBOT."
1st and foremost, i FINALLY joined the forum after spying this page for almost a year :-$

but here's the link to US demo! and i'm pretty positive this will work for other countries as well.
Good luck and GAME ON! :BOT:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024156084c/

ps- gamertag = i am dj flip
i am Dj fLiP
Mini-Con

Postby i am Dj fLiP » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:57 am

RogueDeathangel wrote:Any idea on a UK release for the demo?

here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games ... ?cid=SLink

I also checked other countries such as Canada, Australia & Singapore and they're all up!

I'm d/ling it ATM that's why I have spare time til my d/l is finished :KREMZEEK:
i am Dj fLiP
Mini-Con

Postby RogueDeathangel » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:05 am

Heh, I'd already found that link and downloaded the demo by the time I checked back here, but thanks anyway!

Just waiting for a game now... only 303 players online apparently...
RogueDeathangel
Minibot

Postby sparty2304 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:23 am

303 I think thats pretty good since it was just released a few hours ago and some of us have to go to work first LOL.

Also can someone confirm that this is for Gold Members Only?
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 6

Postby Duke of Luns » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:33 am

Didn't see the demo on the main page of X-Box, so I took the link...

...and it started downloading on my console! Did not know you could do that.

Soon WFC, soon!!!

Oh, and no trucks? Dang, there goes my Guiltor custom till the game comes out(if I can make one anyway).
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby i am Dj fLiP » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:22 am

Lol yeah there's almost 750 people playing. And yes u can dl from xbox's website and yes youneed gold and dammit the game just crashed on me. More like black screen of death :-x

Anyone else got this glitch?
i am Dj fLiP
Mini-Con

Postby Mach » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:45 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Seibertron members - i am Dj fLiP & Nemesis Hacker have dropped us notifications that X-Box Marketplace has released the Transformers War For Cybertron - Game Demo for download.
All fans with X-Box game console can download the demo version to test out the game prior release of the full version.

For USA residents, click the link here for download: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games ... 24156084c/
For United Kingdom residents, the Game Demo download page is here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games ... 24156084c/

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby searingburrito » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:51 am

Weapon: Short-Range Laser Pistols
sabrigami wrote:
I have both systems, but it seemed to me by reading the posts here that most people had a 360. Besides, normally for multi-platform games ps3 version has more flaws etc. than the 360 ones. Sorry you feel that way, but it will be out soon enough :P

The only reason the 360 games are sometimes better is because the developers are to lazy to make a good port. The ps3 version could easily be better than the 360 version graphically. Just play Uncharted 2. :BOT:
searingburrito
Mini-Con
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Varia31 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:46 am

Motto: "So long as a noble warrior lives, he must never give up the fight until his final breath."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Just watched some recorded footage on YouTube. Very cool indeed! :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkaznc8wOi0[/youtube]
Varia31
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Watch Varia31 on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:57 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Downloaded it. Played it. "Beat it". By "beat it" I mean I maxed out both my characters.

It's a really fun game! Can't wait for the full version to come out! :grin:
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby i am Dj fLiP » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:09 am

ok just got off playing the game lol.

a few things I wanna say about the game. graphic-wise, it's great! I'm playing on a 55" led tv w/1080p and it's pretty darn good. it does look a little brittly but it's really good and i'm sure that the ps3 version would look more smoother.

as far as for audio, it's not bad.. only thing bugs me is the commentator sounds like the governator of CA which i think it's hilarious, but at the same time annoying. i don't think that was cullen's voice, and if it was, they should fix it (which i think won't happen since most likely the game's already been produced.) but maybe an update!

and gameplay-wise, it's freaking AMAZING! the perks and killstreaks does remind me of COD, but it's actually easier to achieve them compared to other games, so for kids, they will have a lot of fun playing it! but as far as for hardcore gamers, it should be a piece of cake although i think some weapons are meh like for example, the sniper gun's not as accurate and the shotgun's not as powerful.
i was able to level up from 1 to 3 in one match and was able to get the highest points and kills and i'm just an average gamer so i think this game's gonna make a lot of people happy. i just hope the hardcore guys don't ruin it for the kids and the fans lol #-o

and as far as the whole xbox & ps3 debate, i just think xbox has the advantage due to subscription fee that's why they get most the demos and download content first than ps3. it's most likely because they pay the company to make it exclusive and early (ie cod mw2 expansion). but that's all gonna change one ps3 starts their premium service which most likely gonna end up into a bidding war as far as game demos, dlc, etc.

but nonetheless, it's a definite buy for me! so for the xbl users i'll be seeing you guys there! i'm still contemplating which system i wanna get it for, but for now i'll be stuck playing the demo on xbox. anyways, enough blabber :P
i am Dj fLiP
Mini-Con

Postby Bouncy X » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:10 am

this is a game i'm buying regardless so i dont wanna spoil myself so i'll wait til i own it before playing...so its all new to me. :P

but thats cool that its up there.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Prime Evil » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
i am Dj fLiP wrote:and gameplay-wise, it's freaking AMAZING! the perks and killstreaks does remind me of COD,

Now THAT'S what I want to hear. Looks like Fender Bender and I will be gettin the band back together with this game. HEAR THAT FENDER!! Can't wait to start crushin on some NOOBS!! :twisted:
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Fenrir Prime » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 am

sabrigami wrote:
RogueDeathangel wrote:

You're probably right, I mix the 2 classes up a bit #-o

Well that would make sense... considering tanks and soldiers are the same class
Fenrir Prime
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 FEB210479 30A (CA) Simeone (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220492 14RI (CA) Fortuna"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 3RI (CA) Chan"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210456 1B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210470 6RI (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 APR200726 4A (CA) Fullerton"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM322 6D (CA) Canete"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #24 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 24B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210539 1RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 2nd ptg Cvr A Megatron Image Comics 2024 0124IM894 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #4 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210457 39RI (CA) Shepherd"
TRANSFORMERS #39 R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON