This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hunt for the Decepticons Battle Ops Bumblebee - Pictorial Review

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hunt for the Decepticons Battle Ops Bumblebee - Pictorial Review

Postby Blurrz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
If you wanted more Bumblebee, you've got it. The Hunt for the Decepticons toy line, being the successor to the Revenge of the Fallen line, will feature two new Bumblebee figures. One of them is a brand new Deluxe, the other is much bigger and happens to be Battle Ops Bumblebee. It's in it's own class size, armed to the teeth with new weapons and new gimmicks. Energon Pub member Pascal has uploaded a pictorial review on Cybertron.ca. He elaborates on Bumblebee's robot mode, alternate mode, transformation, gimmicks and much more.

Does Battle Ops Bumblebee kick all of the previous Bumblebee incarnations, including Human Alliance Bumblebee to the curve? You'll have to read Pascal's entire review to find out!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Hunt for the Decepticons Battle Ops Bumblebee - Pictorial Review

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:02 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Well, I'll be saving money on this one. It looks good, somewhat, but still not worth the dough imo.

Ah well.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Prime Riblet » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:17 am

Motto: "Mottos! We need no stinking mottos!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I actually thing it looks amazingly good. I would love to have one, but there is no way in Hell that Hasbro is going to get me to buy another Bumblebee figure. I think Hasbro has more than adequately saturated the market with this character. If Hasbro is going to do this, they could make a Cliffjumper repaint.....at the very least.
Prime Riblet
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby GEEWUN » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:19 am

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I don't know. I already have a deluxe bumblebee. I don't think the size of this fig would go good with my other figs.
GEEWUN
Pretender
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:07 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
It's not called "Hunt for the Decepticons", the new toyline is just called "Transformers". "Hunt for the Decepticons" is a subline in the new toyline.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Pascal » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:32 am

Sabrblade wrote:It's not called "Hunt for the Decepticons", the new toyline is just called "Transformers". "Hunt for the Decepticons" is a subline in the new toyline.

Whatever, it's clearly a movie toy.
Pascal
Minibot
News Credits: 6

Postby Pascal » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 am

Btw, I've added a few paint apps to break out the grey. Looks much better now.

Pascal
Minibot

Postby autobot-jolt » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:41 am

Motto: "Actions speak louder than words!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
looks very cool, but I'll pass to save my money for the Transformers I really want.
AUTOBOT-JOLT
Image[/i]
autobot-jolt
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Courage: 9

Postby rpetras » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:57 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Oh look it's what HA BB should have been. :roll:

I'll be passing on this one since it does not fit in scale-wise with anything else.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Kibble » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:07 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
It looks like a decent enough figure (minus the blue fingers) in all honesty, but they've just gone to the well one too many times or twenty. I'd probably be excited about this had it been one of the first figures in the ROTF line or maybe even the next movie. But between it running $60, the fact I have at least 8 other movie BB figs already, plus another new deluxe mold coming out...it's probably gonna take a helluva sale or clearance for me to even consider this.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby --B-- » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:12 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Meh, another movie-verse BB.

Bring on Generations!!!
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby dragons » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:02 am

thanks hasbro ill be buying this bee & the deluxe veersion as well oh well im glad i am sick of all these bees anyway before this guy came about he may not be in scale as the others but h=what trasnformer toy is g1 metroplex, armada series, cybertron, & others looking forwad to the new universe series more
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby HighPrime » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
Good review, thanks for sharing :)

I'm passing on this one, though. For me, HA Bumblebee was the 'end all be all.' Outside of rubber wheels and an interchangeable hand, improvement is next to impossible (for me.)
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby mechabooks » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Motto: "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
--B-- wrote:Meh, another movie-verse BB.

Bring on Generations!!!

Ditto. I want something other than Bumblebee. But, I'm guessing BB is Hasbros new flagship character so I doubt we'll see him disappearing anytime soon. A vastly different look might be interesting though! Thanks for the review!
mechabooks
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 4

Postby alternator77 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
what the hell is the deal with the left hands on these things is it me or do they all have the same pose. comeon hasbro at least give them a different pose or some articulation. anyways ive got ultimate bb so these are a pass.
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
This looks really good actually the stock images are no where near as flattering for this figure!
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7

Postby Blurrz » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Sabrblade wrote:It's not called "Hunt for the Decepticons", the new toyline is just called "Transformers". "Hunt for the Decepticons" is a subline in the new toyline.

Look again.

Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:36 am

Blurrz wrote:

Look again.

Yes, the name of the new toyline, as stated on that box, is "Transformers". There is a little sticker marked "Hunt for the Decepticons" on that particular box, but it is only on certain figures in this line and not all of them, making them part of a subline of the whole "Transformers" toyline (something akin to the "AllSpark Power" and "N.E.S.T. Global Alliance" sublines of the two movie toylines).

If the whole toyline were use the "Hunt for the Decepticons" name, then the box would read "Transformers: Hunt for the Decepticons" (instead of simply "Transformers" with a little "HftD" sticker) and would read so on the packaging of every figure in the toyline, instead of just certain ones.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Pascal » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:42 am

The box for my Battle Ops Bumblebee doesn't have the HFTD sticker. Since it's an early packaged sample, might not mean much though.
Pascal
Minibot

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:13 am

I'm with Blurrz on this one. Even though it states HFTD on a sticker, it's pretty much universally accepted as this:

Yellow package: Revenge Of The Fallen
Red Package: Generations
Blue/Black (I think) Package: Power Core Combiners

So, while it doesn't say HFTD on the package, we pretty much know that's what it is. It's just cheaper and cost effective to simply print TransFormers on the box and just ship it to us.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Autobot032 wrote:I'm with Blurrz on this one. Even though it states HFTD on a sticker, it's pretty much universally accepted as this:

Yellow package: Revenge Of The Fallen
Red Package: Generations
Blue/Black (I think) Package: Power Core Combiners

So, while it doesn't say HFTD on the package, we pretty much know that's what it is. It's just cheaper and cost effective to simply print TransFormers on the box and just ship it to us.
And yet Hasbro is being completely ambiguous on the conituity stauts of the figures in this line that we cannot say for sure are movie characters. Take Voyager Se Spray for example. Some think he's a Movie character, other think he's a new modern take on the G1 Seaspray. And Hasbro won't give a straight answer about who he is and what universe he's from:

Hasbro wrote:Sea Spray is continuing under the design philosophy that we started with Classics line and continued through Universe. It is all about reimaging classic characters in a new, 21st century styling.
Their answer seems to imply that he's like a Classics/Universe verison of G1 Seaspray, yet, he's being relased in the line that features several Movie characters.

It's like Hasbro is toying with us (no pun intended) on the continuity status of several of these new ambiguous "TF 2010" characters.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Blurrz » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:55 pm

As someone who brings the news 24/7, I've got to pick and choose. Just can't say something is Deluxe Blah blah Blah.. gotta define it as something. Ambiguous as it is, Autobot032 is right.. Yellow = Movie, Red = Generations, Blue = PCC.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Blurrz wrote:As someone who brings the news 24/7, I've got to pick and choose. Just can't say something is Deluxe Blah blah Blah.. gotta define it as something. Ambiguous as it is, Autobot032 is right.. Yellow = Movie, Red = Generations, Blue = PCC.
I'm not saying that it's wrong to say that Battle Ops BB is a movie figure. I'm just saying that the correct name of the toyline would be something like "Transformers (2010)", in a similar vein to how the two Universe toylines are referred to as "Universe (2003)" and "Universe (2008)".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:And yet Hasbro is being completely ambiguous on the conituity stauts of the figures in this line that we cannot say for sure are movie characters. Take Voyager Se Spray for example. Some think he's a Movie character, other think he's a new modern take on the G1 Seaspray. And Hasbro won't give a straight answer about who he is and what universe he's from:

Hasbro wrote:Sea Spray is continuing under the design philosophy that we started with Classics line and continued through Universe. It is all about reimaging classic characters in a new, 21st century styling.
Their answer seems to imply that he's like a Classics/Universe verison of G1 Seaspray, yet, he's being relased in the line that features several Movie characters.

<span>It's like Hasbro is toying with us (no pun intended) on the continuity status of several of these new ambiguous "[url=<a href="http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_%282010_toyline%29]TF" class="smarterwiki-linkify">http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_%282010_toyline%29]TF</a> 2010[/url]" characters.</span>
[/quote]

I understand where you're coming from, but according to this news posting:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ers/18237/

the new wave of Scout Class Transformers in the line dubbed the "Hunt For The Decepticons" which contains Backfire, Crankstart, Brimstone and Hubcap will arrive at Canadian retailers sometime in May. Thought that's just the start of it. They also report that the first wave of Powercore Combiners, Huffer w/Caliburst, Smolder w/Chopster, Searchlight w/Backwind as well as the combiner 5-packs Bombshock with the Combaticons and Skyburst with the Aerialbots.

Backfire is a repaint of a ROTF Scout Class figure.
So is Crankstart.
Hubcap's design has clearly taken a real life vehicle as it's design (which is ROTF's thing.)

They're all in HFTD packaging.

It even differentiates Powercore Combiners and HFTD in the blurb.

Plus, we've seen countless pieces of proof that this is the system, even if they haven't come forward and said so.

Hunt For The Decepticons:
Scout Class...
Crankstart
Backfire
Hubcap

Deluxe Class...
Ironhide

Leader Class...
Starscream
Battle Hooks Optimus (with a Buster Prime-esque deco)
Bumblebee (he's close enough, so I'll lump him in here.)

All of these are clearly movie inspired and tied in.

Sea Spray? He's a HFTD figure, not a Universe/Classics/Generations figure. Why? Because they need the movie figures to continue to sell, and what better way to do that than to play the nostalgia card? It worked. A good number of fans are foaming at the mouth for an updated Sea Spray. Hasbro was smart enough to give it enough movie design, while making it feel like a U/C/G figure, so it'll cover all the bases. Just like Bludgeon does.

This will ensure that at least ONE HFTD figure is purchased by non movie fans. It's a smart move, I'd do it.

Just because he's a crossover figure (as in, he covers both parts of the fandom, not the Marvel/Star Wars guys...) doesn't change the fact that he's clearly a part of the movie line, just as Dirge and Mindwipe are.

People bought into Supreme Class Devastator partially due to the names listed on the box, and it worked (to some extent...) and it's going to work again.

And I said it before, but it bears repeating because it's true: Movie/ROTF/HFTD uses real vehicle designs and licenses, and U/C/G does not. (Close, but enough changes to keep from infringement.)

That's an important key point to make note of.

And Powercore Combiners? They are clearly spun off into their own line. Their packaging scheme (not the shape, though) is completely different from the other two, and the designs of the figures aren't anything like the other subline designs.

Granted, you are right...TransFormers the name has now become a catchall label, and the sublines are Hunt For The Decepticons, Generations, and Powercore Combiners, but they're all TransFormers, no matter the labeling, and HFTD is the primary line. Both Generations and PCC are filler lines.

And with TransFormers Prime having an obvious movieverse connection (Bumblebee's look on The Hub logo), keeping HFTD alive and tying it into TF3 is the smartest and best way to go.

Sea Spray's existence is only a way to get fans to buy into new figures they wouldn't have before.

Sabrblade wrote:I'm not saying that it's wrong to say that Battle Ops BB is a movie figure. I'm just saying that the correct name of the toyline would be something like "Transformers (2010)", in a similar vein to how the two Universe toylines are referred to as "Universe (2003)" and "Universe (2008)".

But you're still incorrect. Yes, it's true that TransFormers (the brand) is a catchall label now. (It has been for some time, if you really think about it.) But there really is three different series, not just one.

Yellow = HFTD/Movieverse
Red = Collector/fan oriented/Generations
Blue = Kids/fun/Powercore Combiners

Calling HFTD TF2010 isn't correct. It simply isn't.

And yes, Universe and Classics had their own toylines (especially Classics) when no other TF lines were available, but that's only because they were filler while Cybertron had finished and we were making the transition to movieverse. It was an unexpected gamble on Hasbro's part, and Classics ended up being a huge hit and spawned two sequel lines.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:43 pm

I understand that there are three toylines, but this is how they are named:

* Transformers
* Transformers: Power Core Combiners
* Transformers: Generations

Not:

* Transformers: Hunt for the Decepticons
* Transformers: Power Core Combiners
* Transformers: Generations

I'm trying to say that "HftD" is not the name of the entire toyline, but a portion of it.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
NEW!
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class Hasbro 2015 New 240519A"
NEW!
SKYWARP Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON