This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW on the iPad

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW on the iPad

Postby Burn » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/1158/

IDW Comics Debut on the iPad
Saturday, Apr 3rd, 2010
Premier publisher at the forefront of digital distribution
Store front apps available today for IDW Comics, G.I. JOE, TRANSFORMERS, and Star Trek
Watch a video of IDW comics on the iPad here

San Diego, CA (April 3, 2010) - IDW Publishing is proud to announce that the hugely anticipated Apple iPad will feature four IDW comics applications today at launch. Taking full advantage of the iPad's full-screen, full-color capabilities, each IDW store front will offer the next level of reading experience to fans. The free IDW iPad comic shop apps each include a selection of comics with the initial download, and offer more comics as in-app purchases. Fans can choose apps for their favorite brands, like Star Trek, G.I. JOE and TRANSFORMERS, or download the IDW Comics app for access to all the company's iPad releases.

Each store front app will offer readers the highest quality viewing experience, with a full-page display that showcases the eye-catching art and vivid stories. IDW has developed several new features to enhance the comics and take full advantage of the iPad's capabilities.

"The iPad is a wonderful format for comics, as the screen size is close enough to the print size that readers can view the full page," said IDW Director of ePublishing, Jeff Webber. "Our iPad apps are also compatible with our iPhone and iPod touch apps. So you can purchase a comic shop apps on one device, and read it on another. The apps will automatically identify which one you are using, and adjust to offer the best reading experience."

IDW was the first comics publisher to launch its own "in app purchase" storefronts for the iPhone and iPod touch with not one, but four new comic shop applications. For fans of G.I. JOE, TRANSFORMERS and Star Trek, IDW has introduced new comic applications that offer full collections all in one app. The company also introduced the IDW Comics app, which collects the entire digital catalog. All IDW store front apps are powered by iVerse. IDW currently has over 400 individual issues available through the App Store, with more available every week.

IDW comics are currently available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch through the App Store.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Re: IDW on the iPad

Postby Blurrz » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Thanks for the link aussieman.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby 1337W422102 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
So someone coded a program that reads .cbr and .cbz files for that toy? :-B
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby gigazarak » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Motto: "Bear witness!"
Theres more on the comic reading features of the iPad at this BoingBoing 'review' here.

And just to counter the whole thing, also at BoingBoing heres Cory Doctorow with his reasons for NOT buying an iPad!...

Is it a good way to read comics? I'm not sure. But the iPad sure is a flash piece of technology!
gigazarak
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Burn » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:20 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
1337W422102 wrote:So someone coded a program that reads .cbr and .cbz files for that toy? :-B

Do IDW and Marvel use cbr/cbz files with their "digital" comics? I've never downloaded any.

But it's more than just a cbr/cbz reader seeing as it'll allow you to purchase and download the comics from their site.

Frankly though, the comic industry has a long way to go before they realise they're heading in the wrong direction with digital comics. The scanners out there really do have the right idea on how a book should look, and it wouldn't be THAT hard for the comic companies to adopt a format like that.

P.S. iPad - Overrated junk. :P
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby 1337W422102 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Burn wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:So someone coded a program that reads .cbr and .cbz files for that toy? :-B

Do IDW and Marvel use cbr/cbz files with their "digital" comics? I've never downloaded any.

But it's more than just a cbr/cbz reader seeing as it'll allow you to purchase and download the comics from their site.

Frankly though, the comic industry has a long way to go before they realise they're heading in the wrong direction with digital comics. The scanners out there really do have the right idea on how a book should look, and it wouldn't be THAT hard for the comic companies to adopt a format like that.

P.S. iPad - Overrated junk. :P

You can say that again. If a comic's worth buying, I'll wait for the trade. Until then, I'll stick to my scans.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby vegetacron » Tue May 04, 2010 3:08 am

Weapon: Spinning Augers

I was just thinking the same thing. lol

I've gotta fujitsu lifebook tablet that has the cbr reader on it and a ton of comics already.
vegetacron
Vehicon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Postby Elita One » Sun May 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Motto: "I will chop your head off!- Axe Cop"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Eww iPad or anything made by Apple in the last decade. They have turn the population into iClones :P. Entered a competition in the paper to win one for a laugh. If I win I'll be surprised.
DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.
http://www.****.tumblr.com
Elita One
Headmaster Jr
Watch Elita One on YouTube
Buy from Elita One on eBay

Postby ponycorn » Tue May 11, 2010 9:53 pm

"Our iPad apps are also compatible with our iPhone and iPod touch apps. So you can purchase a comic shop apps on one device, and read it on another. The apps will automatically identify which one you are using, and adjust to offer the best reading experience."

That was my main concern, concern no longer. I'll buy the print issues, and the iPhone issues for those I really like, like the Wreckers mini, but I'll be offline and gone to the pit if I'm buying for iPhone and iPad.

Just another drop in the bucket of my growing lust for the iPad. If they can add ability to teather my 3Gs to iPad for internet connection I'm sold. Until then not paying for 2 data plans.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Bottle Crunch & Squeak Dog Toy Hasbro 2023 New"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEALTH FORCE BUMBLEBEE Transformer Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
STEALTH FORCE BUMB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "World's Smallest Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME 1.25" Micro Action Figure Authentic"
World's Smallest T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Vinyl Figure #23 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #4 Regular Cvr IDW Comics 2017 (W) Barber (A/CA) Zama"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Leader Class Volvo VNR Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 230427A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 211103A"
Happy Meal OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #351 - Ask Your Dad
Twincast / Podcast #351:
"Ask Your Dad"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 1st, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON