This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW becomes "Premier Publisher"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW becomes "Premier Publisher"

Postby Delicon » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:23 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Courtesy of IDW Publishing's official site, we are happy to bring you the following news. The following is an excerpt from an IDW press release.

IDW Becomes Premier Publisher

Thursday, Mar 18th, 2010
First publisher to achieve higher status with Diamond since 1996;

Diamond and IDW strengthen their exclusive distribution relationship with new agreement and initiatives

(BALTIMORE, MD) - (March 18, 2010) - Diamond Comic Distributors and IDW Publishing announced today that IDW has become the first publisher to advance to "premier" status since the classification was implemented in 1996. Diamond and IDW have signed a new, multi-year agreement that features a number of fresh initiatives, including premier status, in recognition of IDW's success as a top tier comic book and graphic novel publisher. Under the agreement, Diamond will continue to be the exclusive distributor of IDW comic books and graphic novels to the comic book specialty market, and to the bookstore market through its Diamond Book Distributors division.

"This change recognizes the growth and importance of IDW Publishing," said Diamond President and CEO, Steve Geppi, "and we look forward to working with them for many years to come."

Diamond VP Purchasing Bill Schanes added, "Since IDW began publishing, they have grown consistently each and every year, while at the same time establishing one of the best editorial, marketing, and business teams in our industry. They're easy to work with, understand our market, and are forging ahead with new strategies and plans to grow the consumer appetite for comics and graphic novels."

IDW is of course the publisher of Transformers comics here in the US, not to mention other popular titles like G.I. Joe, Star Trek, Dr. Who and CSI. To read the entire press release, click here.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Re: IDW becomes "Premier Publisher"

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:46 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Probably won't affect us in any way, but congratulations to them. I suppose if anything, their steady growth means IDW and TF comics will be here for a long while.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Liftgate » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:16 am

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
This means all their continuity issues will be solved! Like magic!
Liftgate
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby mechabooks » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:24 am

Motto: "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
I'm actually surprised it took this long for them to become a premiere status company. When I worked at a comic shop a lot of their titles outsold Image and Darkhorses books on a regular basis. It will be good for retailers to be finally able to adjust their F.O.C.s on IDW books but, I hope in exchange it means that their graphic novels will be easier to get restocks of. TF titles constantly sold out and you couldn't get any reorders. I hope this improves things.
mechabooks
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 4

Postby Cyberstrike » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:45 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
kirbenvost wrote:Probably won't affect us in any way, but congratulations to them. I suppose if anything, their steady growth means IDW and TF comics will be here for a long while.

IIRC The "Premier Publishers" (which I think are Dark Horse, DC, Image, Marvel, and Wizard) get their ads published in the front portion of Diamond's Previews catalog and order booklet each month.

mechabooks wrote:I'm actually surprised it took this long for them to become a premiere status company. When I worked at a comic shop a lot of their titles outsold Image and Darkhorses books on a regular basis. It will be good for retailers to be finally able to adjust their F.O.C.s on IDW books but, I hope in exchange it means that their graphic novels will be easier to get restocks of. TF titles constantly sold out and you couldn't get any reorders. I hope this improves things.

Especially when you consider that a while back they were considered the third biggest company in comics just behind Marvel and DC.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Blurrz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Congratulations to them. I've enjoyed the comics throughout the years since they took the reigns from DW.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Supreme Convoy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Congratulations to IDW! Great news.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Chaoslock » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:37 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Well, it was about time, I don't know of others, but I started buying american comics when IDW announced they take over TF.
Since then, I bought some Dark Horse and Marvel comics, but seriously, those have advertisements every five page or so, and it is very iritating to read them.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Burn » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Take away IDW's licensed titles and you're left with ... a lot of bloody good titles!

I'm absoloutely loving their "Weekly World News" series (seriously, go out and get it) and their "Zombie's -vs- Robots Adventures" is a pretty good read.

Next time you're in a comic shop, just pick up one of the non-licensed IDW titles, they're well worth the read.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Cyberstrike » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:37 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
I can't recommend The Fallen Angel enough.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOLAR STORM GRAPPEL Transformers Reveal Shield Voyager complete 2011 230920A"
SOLAR STORM GRAPPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
NEW!
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Leader Class Volvo VNR Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON