This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFSource Exclusive Maniacal Maroon ASS-09 figure now available!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

TFSource Exclusive Maniacal Maroon ASS-09 figure now available!

Postby Methusalen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:40 am

Motto: ""Not good enough for G1!""
EDIT: The figure is now available via TFSource! http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1345/ My next post in the thread (3/19) will feature pictures of the figure!

-Because it's assinine that we're still doing this. Because it's assinine that we're still collecting tfs after 25 years. Because it's assinine that it takes a convention from Wisconsin to bring you something so cool?!
-It's Assinine! Get it? Did we hammer it home?

It appears that Dairycon’s “Donkey of the Apocalypse” is about to see his final variation! It’s been revealed that the fabled Limited Edition “Maniacal Maroon” ASS-09 figure will be available EXCLUSIVELY through our friends at TFSource.com! Word on the street is that the figure will retail for $49.99, a fraction of the price that some of the previous versions have seen on the likes of Ebay! The figure will only be available in *very* limted numbers, and it’s my understanding that once he’s gone, HE’S GONE! Keep an eye out for more news regarding this figure from TFSource!

Previously only hinted at when the other Multi-Convention exclusives were announced (in ASS-09’s Bio Page), there are 5 confirmed variants to the ASS-09 figure. Of each of these, all were only available through various TF Conventions (one for each Con: Dairycon, CybCon, Autocon, Gamer’s Reunion, DutchBotcon), with the 6th figure left mysteriously absent, with all but a hint of its existence from a photograph on the page…
("Maniacal Maroon" ASS-09 can be seen in the upper-right corner)

The following is an excerpt featuring the "Thousand Asses of the Apocalypse" from the latest Dairycon fanfic "The Return of Convoy":
SunBeam was out of time. The lead horse was mere yards from his rear bumper. He knew he couldn't outrun them. Cursing Primus for his run of bad luck, SunBeam transformed, grabbing ahold of PinchBottom as he did so.
SunBeam: "This is it, little buddy. We had a good run. You need to get word to the others. Tell them... tell them I'm sorry, and that maybe I died a hero."
Pulling back, SunBeam threw PinchBottom as far away from the fracus as he could. He then turned, and began to lay down a covering fire. In this strange planet with its desert heat, his one saving grace was an abundance of solar energy that he could tap and turn into laser-fire.
SunBeam shot down several of the horses before sheer weight of numbers enveloped him. The horses flowed over him, around him. Several transformed and started beating him with their stunwhips. Others trampled him as they gallopped past. Enraged, SunBeam did the only thing he could. Pulling off his chestplate, and ripping the lasercore from his body, SunBeam tossed it out into the deepest part of the drones. Shooting it with the trickle of energy he had left in residual systems, SunBeam detonated his very core.
The blast was impressive, leaving a football field-sized hole in the terrain, and taking out a number of the Ass-09 drones in the process. The flow of beasts halted, as if reassessing the situation. Silence ruled the plain…
Then the flow began again, around the hole where the sparkcore had detonated. An uncounted number of hooves trampled a lifeless yellow chassis deeper into the sand.

Did you miss out on attending one of the conventions last year? Can’t live without your very own “Donkey of the Apocalypse”? -Want to add to your collection of the "Thousand Asses of the Apocalypse"? Need to add another figure to flesh out your “Cult of Unicron”? Think the phrase “Maniacal Maroon” is fun to say? Then keep an eye out for the upcoming announcement from our friends at TFSource!

Of course, more information about ASS-09 and other characters from the Dairycon Universe can be found here:
http://www.freewebs.com/dairylandtransfans/DTFdairyconfanfics.html
More information is yet to come for this year's Dairycon, so stay tuned?!
Last edited by Methusalen on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Methusalen out...
Methusalen
Combiner
News Credits: 38

Re: Limited Edition "Maniacal Maroon" ASS-09 figure available via TFSource?!

Postby Blackstreak » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
LOL...Age 32+. I guess I'm old enough to buy one.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Swiftpaw » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 am

Oh man, the jokes just waiting to be made... Looks like what you get by crossing Quintesson drones with My Little Pony!
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby Mykltron » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:09 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Ass? It looks like a horse. I don't get it.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Flux Convoy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:50 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
The word is asinine. #-o
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: TFSource Exclusive Maniacal Maroon ASS-09 figure now available!

Postby Methusalen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Here you go, TFSource now has their Exclusive "Maniacal Maroon" Ass-09 available through their site!
http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1345/
$49.95

ImageImage
Click to Enlarge these two images.

Description:

This is the exclusive 2009 Dairycon Convention exclusive: Maniacal Maroon Version! Rumored to be the rarest of the versions, this color variation is only available through TFsource! Every year Transformers fans from around the globe make their way to the exclusive Dairycon Convention, in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin and this was the exclusive figure in 2009.
Methusalen out...
Methusalen
Combiner

Postby Atomatron » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Motto: "looking for: Machine Robo Rescue: Blue Sirens - MRR Gyro 05, help me out anyone please!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
TOILETBOT PLEASE!!!!
Atomatron
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby micchaaliftikhar » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:48 pm

ASS of 09 :shock: ..........XD!!!!!!!!! :lol:
micchaaliftikhar
Mini-Con

Postby Mr_Xevoz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:56 pm

Motto: "Forums are the Devil, stay away from them at all costs."
Weapon: Kinetic Energy Friction Rifle
Flux Convoy wrote:The word is asinine. #-o
:BOT:

I think they spelled it "assinine" because it is a mechanical donkey.
Mr_Xevoz
Mini-Con
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Methusalen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Mr_Xevoz wrote:I think they spelled it "assinine" because it is a mechanical donkey.

*Ding!* Can someone give this man a cookie?! I apologize for any confusion, but that was the pun, a play on words in regards to his name... Ass-09 = Asinine ...but once you have to explain the joke...
;)
Methusalen out...
Methusalen
Combiner

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON