This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon Update: Discounted Airfare and Online Registration?!?!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

BotCon Update: Discounted Airfare and Online Registration?!?!

Postby Savage » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
That's right, folks, discounted airfare and the POSSIBILITY of Online Registration! Check out the email update from the Collectors' Club below:

In case you have not heard, Southwest airlines is having a $39 each way sale from selected markets. They fly into Orlando, so if you have not booked your air, check it out! There are also some airlines that are matching this sale. You must book by Thursday, February 12. We will probably see more sales before the summer gets here.

Convention registration forms will not be ready until late Feburary/early March. We are trying to complete the online reservation system for this year but, no promises as of yet. It is very complicated code.

The Swan hotel continues to take reservations. So far we have over double the room nights booked for this convention than last year. Hope to see you all in Orlando!
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: BotCon Update: Discounted Airfare and Online Registration?!?!

Postby Aeros » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:24 pm

I hope I'm reading the wrong info but here is the info for the deal on SoutWest's website for the 39 special

* Fares do not include federal excise tax of $3.70 per takeoff and landing, airport-assessed passenger facility charges (PFC) of up to $9, and government-imposed September 11th Security Fee of up to $5 one-way.
* Purchase by February 11, 2010, 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
* Travel March 15 through May 25, 2010.
* Travel valid every day except Fridays & Sundays.

The Bolded kinda kills it I think. I hope I'm incorrect because I would jump at the chance at 39 buck flights. As it is now from Cali its 400+ a person.
Aeros
Micromaster

Postby Liftgate » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
They get you coming and going, dude. Some of the crap they pull and get away with is downright shady too. Don't rush it, you got time, prices may come down to just a couple hundred bucks if you keep an eye on them.
Liftgate
Fuzor
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby Blozor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
So is it Thursday, or February 12th? Or was it February 12th, 2009?
Blozor
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Savage » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:55 am

Hmmm, some interesting issues have been raised. I'm gonna look into it. Dropped the Club an email inquiry a few minutes ago. I'll update this thread if i find out anything.
Savage
Godmaster

Postby Neurie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 pm

unless i come in to some cash soon theres no way i can afford to go, flights from the uk your looking at around £600.00($940.00) plus the hotel plus spnding money plus prereg, just aint viable this year.

I think its gonna ahve to be a non attendee pack and aska friend to pick up and send me the other exclusives

Although online booking is great if they can finally get in to this century and stop being stuck in the 1980s, i mean, fax????
Neurie
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4

Postby Savage » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Despite sending an email to two different people at FunPub, I have received no response. Therefore, I am going to chalk this up to yet another incident of carelessness, lack of research, and poor editing on the part of the Collectors' Club. Honestly, I'm not surprised.
Savage
Godmaster

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM857 (CA) Pansica"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Zeck (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #15 Marvel Comics 1989 (A/CA) Vosburg (W) Hama 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 7th ptg Image Comics 2024 0324IM868 (CA) Melnikov (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 7th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM859 (CA) Edgar"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D 0124IM241 Petraites + Martin"
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #284 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210635 284RI Hollins"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #280 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200419 280B (CA) McKeown"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUL200573 3B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #8 Cvr C IDW Comics 2017 8C (CA) Whalen (W) Sitterson 230227"
GI JOE #8 Cvr C ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP200476 5RIA"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON