This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

2009 East Japan Toy Fair - Takara Transformers Toy Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

2009 East Japan Toy Fair - Takara Transformers Toy Images

Postby Mach » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:58 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Cybergundam blog has shared the images of Takara Transformers toys at 2009 East Japan Toy Fair (16th & 17th September 2009), Tokyo.

The toy range at the exhibition include Transformers Alternity Bumble Bee & Cliffjumper, Disney Label Donald Duck, as well as ROTF toys such as Human Alliance series.

Alternity Bumble Bee & Cliffjumper to be released on November 2009
Disney Label Donald Duck to be released on December 2009

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all your latest news on Transformers.
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: 2009 East Japan Toy Fair - Takara Transformers Toy Images

Postby Talous » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:37 am

Motto: "The problem with fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Good looking toys over all, but how about some news about the third Arcee bike for the, apparent, few of us that are waiting for it to come out?
It has begun, let the parts fall from the sky.
Talous
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:42 am

blurr199 wrote:First post suckers! :grin:

And?

Now, back to the photos, that shot of Cliffjumper exposes just how wide and dumpy those figured are when you look at them straight forward. I've actually grown to like the Alternity line but will never like or buy these two. What a shame because a Bugbite could have been very cool.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:20 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
DevastaTTor wrote:Now, back to the photos, that shot of Cliffjumper exposes just how wide and dumpy those figured are when you look at them straight forward. I've actually grown to like the Alternity line but will never like or buy these two. What a shame because a Bugbite could have been very cool.

I'm both drawn to them and repulsed...all at the same time. I don't mind the fat bodies so much, but the big, flat, wide hood-crotch is just too much crotch.

The thing about it, is that the designer had to think it looked good and then a whole host of other people had to say, 'Yep, Bumblebee...when I think of Bumblebee, I think BIG crotch. This is GO.'
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:03 am

Counterpunch wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:Now, back to the photos, that shot of Cliffjumper exposes just how wide and dumpy those figured are when you look at them straight forward. I've actually grown to like the Alternity line but will never like or buy these two. What a shame because a Bugbite could have been very cool.

I'm both drawn to them and repulsed...all at the same time. I don't mind the fat bodies so much, but the big, flat, wide hood-crotch is just too much crotch.

The thing about it, is that the designer had to think it looked good and then a whole host of other people had to say, 'Yep, Bumblebee...when I think of Bumblebee, I think BIG crotch. This is GO.'

So we know where that committee's mind was that day.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Prowl1529 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:30 am

Is Takara going to launch Human Alliance figures too? I ask this because the Bumblebee on the picture is light yellow and mine is a very dark yellow.
Prowl1529
Minibot

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:21 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
I don't care how fat they look, I think they look fantastic. I love the glossy look on them. I love the head sculpts and the weapons. The transformations look fun and fresh.

Even Donald look slike a riot.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Prowl1529 wrote:Is Takara going to launch Human Alliance figures too? I ask this because the Bumblebee on the picture is light yellow and mine is a very dark yellow.

very well could. They are doing lots in the ways of paint differences.

See Devastator, Swerve ect...

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Convotron » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:26 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
First of all, while this may be due to distorted perspective in the photo but Alternity Megatron Diamond Black looks tiny compared to Alternity Bumble and Cliff/Pearl Red. Megatron doesn't look far enough away to make up the odd scale comparison if he was brought to be beside the chunky brothers.

Secondly, I am definitely going to get Alternity Bumble. I like the design, it's not without its flaws but I don't mind the broad shoulders, the expansive torso, and the crotch plate. I think the design evokes G1 BB and that's the way I likes it.

Besides, I'm just dying to find out what super crazy Alternity technology is housed in Bumble's crotch plate. I bet it's a Multi-Dimensional Trans-Phasic Quantum Core Buzz Killington Inhibitor. No matter what, Alternity Bumble won't let ANYONE put a downer on the mood. When Alternity Bumble is around, YOU BETTER SMILE.

He's watching. Are you SMILING yet?
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby shonenfan4 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:28 am

Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Don't know why, but I seem to like Alternity Cliffjumper more than BB. Is that BB suppose to be a yellowish green or is the picture deceiving me?
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Convotron » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:39 am

It seems like any bright yellow parts are showing up with a slight greenish cast if you look at the different yellow Transformers in the photos.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby shonenfan4 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:03 am

Convotron wrote:It seems like any bright yellow parts are showing up with a slight greenish cast if you look at the different yellow Transformers in the photos.

I see, so it is the pictures.
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby dragons » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:12 pm

to me i just dont like the front on bumblebee & cliffjumper if ther was a pervetred trnas fan that fan could modify the chest on cliffy or bumblee to make it they have boobs it still loks like they have robo boobs with any modifications chest sticks ou to far i liek them but if the top of the car was to be on there back i wouldnt have any problem or atlweast find away to flatten the windows so the top dont stick out to far.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Counterpunch wrote:I'm both drawn to them and repulsed...all at the same time. I don't mind the fat bodies so much, but the big, flat, wide hood-crotch is just too much crotch.

They're just taking some design cues from Heinlad

Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby shonenfan4 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:I'm both drawn to them and repulsed...all at the same time. I don't mind the fat bodies so much, but the big, flat, wide hood-crotch is just too much crotch.

They're just taking some design cues from Heinlad

Nice mod...
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
shonenfan4 wrote:Nice mod...

Hmmm? :-?
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby bvzxa » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
So how are BB/CJ's sizes in correlation to Convoy/Megatron sizes. Looks like they are going to be bigger than Convoy/Megatron to me.
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10

Postby Convotron » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:04 pm

bvzxa wrote:So how are BB/CJ's sizes in correlation to Convoy/Megatron sizes. Looks like they are going to be bigger than Convoy/Megatron to me.

It looks that way to me but photography can really distort perspective sometimes. If these guys are in fact larger than Convoy and Megatron...it would be odd. Also adding in the criticism for the designs being overly chunky, them being bigger than Convoy and Megatron makes things worse. But I actually would get a kick out of the former Minibots towering over the supreme commanders.

Convotron
City Commander

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #8 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0324IM293 8D (CA) Young"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #8 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 RI-B IDW Comics 2007 1RIB 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers DAWN OF THE PREDACUS BotCon One-Shot IDW Comics 2016 240415A"
NEW!
Transformers DAWN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 231222Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C GI JOE 1123IM274 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #14 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 14B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #14 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915Y"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers STORMBRINGER #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2006 2B (W) Furman (A/CA) Figueroa"
Transformers STORM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220488 41B (CA) Pirrie"
TRANSFORMERS #41 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210456 39B (CA) Simone"
TRANSFORMERS #39 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #7 RI 1:10 Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Zama"
Transformers WINDB ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON