This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Encore 17 Toys Images - Comparison with G1 counterpart

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Encore 17 Toys Images - Comparison with G1 counterpart

Postby Mach » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:27 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
edtonken from Actoys posted load of images on the recently issued Encore 17 - Ramhorn, steeljaw, ratbat & slugfest.
According to him, this set does not has quality issues found in encore 16. He also made many comparison shots with G1 counterparts, out of the box images and accessories.
He also posted the images of Encore 15

http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-383006.html
Attachments
6p3sfux2.jpg
47pfrfnt.jpg
abrs963n.jpg
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Encore 17 Toys Images - Comparison with G1 counterpart

Postby REMINATOR » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:39 am

Weapon: Road Blade
From the pics, the quality seems to be okay. In an exception to Ratbat, the colors of Steeljaw, Ramhorn, and Slugfest seem to be pale or brighter than their g1 counterpart.
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
REMINATOR
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:50 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
It ain't all that bad. IIRC, my original 1986 Hong Kong Ratbat had uber loose ears. Even Steeljaw, though slightly anemic isn't that bad at all. A little bit exposure to the elements and sure enough his metal shins will also corrode.

I wonder why a lot of people are complaining (about Encore #17 anyway), the colors couldn't be replicated anymore by the original chemical mix. I'm thankful that Takara even considered releasing this. Bruticus on the other hand.......... 8-}
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby harrogatebantam31 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:10 am

Motto: "Disorder and chaos are the natural positions of the universe...!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I picked my Encore 17 cassettes up from the Post Office this morning and am quite impressed with them. They don't seem to have the moulding faults of some of the other Encore reissues.

I never had any of the cassettes as a kid, but I've compared Steel Jaw to the one included with the Takara Collection Blaster. I'm not sure why the latest one has different coloured legs to its body, but all in all I prefer the transfer style details to the factory applied decals. I'm loving Slugfest though, what is there not to like about a garish green and pink dinosaur!

On another note I'm still waiting for Encore 16 to arrive in the post but it sounds like that could be a let-down.
harrogatebantam31
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:43 am

Weapon: Sword
REMINATOR wrote:From the pics, the quality seems to be okay. In an exception to Ratbat, the colors of Steeljaw, Ramhorn, and Slugfest seem to be pale or brighter than their g1 counterpart.

You are right on. I have the set and was going to say the same thing. The most apparent is Steeljaw.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Blurrz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:39 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
The recently released Encore #17 Big Mission 2 Set((You can click each cassette's individual link for their G1 gallery here on Seibertron.com), composed of four cassettes;Ratbat, Slugfest, Ramhorn and Steeljaw, claimed to have quality control issues, as many have sounded off on their recently acquired toys. However, user edtonken over at ACtoys.com shows us that this appears to not be the case. With comparison to their G1 counterparts, the cassettes of Encore 17 look fantastic.

Also included in the gallery are images of the previously released Encore #15, Big Mission Set, as well as box images and everything else that involves Encore #17. You can check that out here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest news and updates!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:01 pm

At least it will be easier to tell originals from the Encore releases. Collectors will not be scammed so easily as long as the check what they are buying.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby leokearon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:43 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Why do Steeljaw have no cassette design?
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Blurrz » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:50 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
leokearon wrote:Why do Steeljaw have no cassette design?

That's G1 Steeljaw, the Encore Steeljaw does have the cassette design.. or whatever they were comparing it with.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby REMINATOR » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Weapon: Road Blade
I'm just curious, how is Encore Ratbat compares to 25th Anniv Ratbat? Which one is closer to G1?
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
REMINATOR
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby tom brokaw » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:34 pm

i love cassettes!
tom brokaw
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 AUTOBOTS ON PATROL Coloring and Activity Book 1993 210713A"
Transformers G2 AU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210483 3B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MPG-02 GETSUEI Transformers Masterpiece G1 Trainbots Raiden Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
MPG-02 GETSUEI Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 1998 230609A"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRAGE Transformers Kre-o Micro-Changers Series 4 34 Kreon G1 Insecticon New"
BARRAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Machines McDonald's Fast Food Premium 2000 230313A"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fuzor TERRAGATOR Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete vtg Hasbro 1998 230609A"
Fuzor TERRAGATOR T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Construct-Bots MEGATRON Elite Class Transformers E1:05 G1 Hasbro New 2013"
Construct-Bots MEG ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #351 - Ask Your Dad
Twincast / Podcast #351:
"Ask Your Dad"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 1st, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON