This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

A Message from Transformers ROTF Director Michael Bay

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

A Message from Transformers ROTF Director Michael Bay

Postby First Gen » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
No sense in me adding to it, so here it is from the man himself:

The 400 critics around the globe spoke. Then fans around the world spoke.

Transformers made $60.6 million dollars in the United States for a total of around $100 million from the world on opening day! One of the biggest single days in movie history.

[They] never seem to understand that I make movies for people to take a ride and escape.

To all the Transformer Fans - Thank You

Michael

And from Seibertron.com, THANK YOU, Mr. Bay.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: A Message from Transformers ROTF Director Michael Bay

Postby Lastjustice » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Motto: ""Laws only exist when there's someone there to enforce them.""
Weapon: Laser-Guided Proton Missile Cannons
Thanks for your efforts Mr Bay. I look forward to your work as well,however long that takes as I know you deserve a break heh. Which if someone hasnt shown you them they need. you really need use the stunticons haha. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EibaLocP7nY ) So much potential for Bayhem with them.
"The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic...for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior...let the battle be joined." —Dinobot
Lastjustice
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Ronynus Prime » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Motto: ""Immortality shall come to such as are fit for it.""
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
YES. I couldn't have said it any better myself. I, a fellow Seibertronian, thank you as well Mr. Bay. It was great ride the two times I saw it, it will be great ride the third time I see it, and it will be a great ride on Blu-Ray. You did us TRUE Transformers fans proud.

:APPLAUSE:
"Immortality shall come to such as are fit for it."
Ronynus Prime
Minibot
Watch Ronynus Prime on YouTube
Buy from Ronynus Prime on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Powermaster Jazz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Michael Bay is a genius! I hope he stays on for all the movies. Thank you, Mr. Bay!! Giant ******** robots rule the world!

Skids and Mudflap are my homeboyz!!
Powermaster Jazz
Vehicon
News Credits: 8

Postby GoldEXP » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Excellent work, Lord Michael Bay. Keep going. We are waiting for 3, 4, 5....and so on. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Many thanks from a Chinese Transformer fan.
GoldEXP
Mini-Con

Postby bjj6 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:45 pm

I thank him for helping make Transformers popular again, but I don't thank him for:

Stabby McWheelsFeet: 2 lines. Arcee: 1 line. Jolt: no lines. Punk, n-word, fugly bots: in every other scene. *facepalm*
bjj6
Mini-Con

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Thank you, Mr. Bay, here in Mexico your movies are very well received. Thanks a lot for making a REAL Transformers film. :APPLAUSE:
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Skill: 8

Postby GadgetMeli9685 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Yes, another AWESOME film. I could actually fully appreciate this one, the first movie having reawakened my knowledge of the TFs and bringing forth my fandom of them ^^

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: You outdid the first one, Bay. Thanks a lot. It was well worth the ticket. I really want to see it again.

There were a few small disappointments, like Jetfire bing an old guy, but I loved it!
Optimus Prime: "Autobots, transform and Roll Out!"
Bumblebee:"...Can't he save a guy without doing a commercial?"
Bumblebee Animated: "I believe the technical term is big hunk of falling rock, blocking space bridge."
GadgetMeli9685
Mini-Con

Postby DMan304 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:43 pm

Like him or not, I don't see how any one other than him could capture Transformers like this.

The old cartoons were about one thing. Robots fighting. Story wasn't important (how many Energon cubes does Megatron ****ing need!?), character developement wasn't important (I tried, but still can't remember who half the Autobots were in G1), all the show was about was big fight scenes and bigger action.

Sound familiar?

"I am a warrior, let the battle be joined."
DMan304
Micromaster

Postby g2grimmy64 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Motto: "Do your best, let the Lord take care of the rest."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Mr. Bay, thank YOU for pulling Transformers out of the kiddie pool and enabling my childhood to hit puberty and become part of my adulthood. :APPLAUSE: :grin:
g2grimmy64
Minibot
Strength: 5
Courage: 8

Postby Wheeljack144 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:22 pm

bjj6 wrote:I thank him for helping make Transformers popular again, but I don't thank him for:

Stabby McWheelsFeet: 2 lines. Arcee: 1 line. Jolt: no lines. Punk, n-word, fugly bots: in every other scene. *facepalm*

thank you for commisserating with me on that. I feel like if they had replcaed skids and mudflap with jolt and sideswipe the majority of their big scenes, I would have enjoyed the movie exponentially more.
Wheeljack144
Micromaster

Postby fairplaythings » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:49 pm

Motto: "For all his bluster, it is the sad province of man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes, hoping that he will have the courage to answer."
Weapon: Slingshot
I am not sure which is worse. Reading the terrible reviews that have all come to be true, or hearing the community endorse this mockery of justice. As a film watcher, I wanted to walk out of the theatre at the half-way point and try and get my money back. As a fan, I was ashamed that so much money and effort could create such a piece of crap. That Mr. Bay has had to turn to the very fans he has ridiculed from the beginning to find redemption sums it up to me.

We asked for a decent film. We got some pretty pictures, a jumbled storied, and explosions. I just feel embarassed for all involved.
fairplaythings
Micromaster
Buy from fairplaythings on eBay
Endurance: 7

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:55 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Dont thank us thank the mindless movie goers, they gave you all the money. the theater i was at only had about 10 transfans the rest had no clue who was who or what was going on. I know this cause we were huddled together before and after the movie. And every five seconds youd hear "whos that" "why is that like that" "why do they hate each other" all from different people. Oh yeah and i managed to catch nerd flu too. So bite me bay. Only thing ill thank him for is letting activison make a game. Had more fun playing that then watching the movie.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10+

Postby Ronynus Prime » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:48 am

Motto: ""Immortality shall come to such as are fit for it.""
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
Everyone's allowed their opinion. Still, everyone's a critic until the spotlight is on them to create a coherant story. I critique Shane McCarthy's work on 'All Hail Megatron' because I'm fully aware that I and ANY one of you fellow fans can write a better story that would be a full extention of Simon Furman's work instead of re-hashing an obsolete era of Transformers and calling your take on classic characters. But most in these forums seem to think they have the skill to write and direct a movie that has to cater to both TransFans and the average movie-goer.

I read complaints about it being a horrible film, yet none of you seem to have the where-with-all to detail what you felt was wrong with it & why. I challenge you all to explain exactly what was wrong with the film against somone who enjoyed it so much he already saw it three times...

I'm a film buff. Bash me too; I LOVED the "Matrix" sequels, the "Transporter" series, the first "Hulk" film, and the American "Godzilla" movie... because I'm able to keep things in perspective and enjoy a fun ride that's doing nothing more than being a fun ride. No one rides a roller coaster to have a deep spiritual experience; that's not what roller coasters are for. Likewise, one should not go to "Transformers" films expecting it to be "The Shawshank Redemption", "Heat" or "The Dark Knight".

It's easy to be Kevin Smith when you are not George Lucas. Stop pretending you know what you are talking about and keep looking for your blue-sided Bluestreak.

=;

Peace.
"Immortality shall come to such as are fit for it."
Ronynus Prime
Minibot
Watch Ronynus Prime on YouTube
Buy from Ronynus Prime on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5

Postby Mr-Valkeyreion » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:08 am

No...thank YOU, Mr Bay! I salute you *salutes*
Proud member of the ODB crew!

Sledge wrote:I quite like the look of Jetfire and Jetstorm. They've grown on me.

But then, so does athlete's foot, so that might not be a recommendation.

Tekka wrote:The ODB just showed up on gaydars across the world. And armed with that knowledge, I hope you're proud of yourselves.
Mr-Valkeyreion
Combiner

Postby Didicos » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:42 am

Motto: "...whatever..."
Weapon: Sword
Megatron Wolf wrote:... the theater i was at only had about 10 transfans the rest had no clue who was who or what was going on ...

I think this true.However they were the ones who enjoyed the movie more(nice CGI,hundrends of explosions,big robots,hot girls & some really funny lines).So, Mr.Bay thank them,the non-TF fans(or atleast the non-hardcore ones), instead of real TF fans,whose opinions you should have heard more when making the movies.

PS: I enjoyed ROTF as an action movie based on TFs and not as a TF movie,if you know what I mean....
Didicos
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Primus C-00 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:10 am

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
mr.terrific wrote:I am not sure which is worse. Reading the terrible reviews that have all come to be true, or hearing the community endorse this mockery of justice. As a film watcher, I wanted to walk out of the theatre at the half-way point and try and get my money back. As a fan, I was ashamed that so much money and effort could create such a piece of crap. That Mr. Bay has had to turn to the very fans he has ridiculed from the beginning to find redemption sums it up to me.

We asked for a decent film. We got some pretty pictures, a jumbled storied, and explosions. I just feel embarassed for all involved.

He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby Primus1101 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:48 am

Motto: "Remember when that little girl mistook Ironhide for the tooth fairy? I make that look like fact!"
OK, I'm slightly stumped. Why do people continuously blame Bay for the story? All he does is blow s**t up. Why are you letting Orci, Kurtzman and Kruger get away with, in your opinion, 'the biggest pile of crap you've ever seen'. Don't give Bay your wrath (ok, maybe for the portrayal of certain characters) but otherwise, just see to it those writers get what they deserve!
Primus1101
Minibot
Watch Primus1101 on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+

Postby Razor_Raid » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:30 am

Motto: "War is a dirty game... and I'm a dirty player!"
Weapon: Rapid-Fire, Electrostatic Pulse Rifle
Primus C-00 wrote:
mr.terrific wrote:I am not sure which is worse. Reading the terrible reviews that have all come to be true, or hearing the community endorse this mockery of justice. As a film watcher, I wanted to walk out of the theatre at the half-way point and try and get my money back. As a fan, I was ashamed that so much money and effort could create such a piece of crap. That Mr. Bay has had to turn to the very fans he has ridiculed from the beginning to find redemption sums it up to me.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Razor_Raid
Mini-Con
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Skullgrin140 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:46 am

Michael Bay thanking us? well theres a first. All I can say as thank you Micheal for giving us the Transformers movies and making them amazing! We Salute you in the name of Transformers!
Skullgrin140
Brainmaster

Postby Sky Glory of Iacon » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:20 am

Primus1101 wrote:OK, I'm slightly stumped. Why do people continuously blame Bay for the story? All he does is blow s**t up. Why are you letting Orci, Kurtzman and Kruger get away with, in your opinion, 'the biggest pile of crap you've ever seen'. Don't give Bay your wrath (ok, maybe for the portrayal of certain characters) but otherwise, just see to it those writers get what they deserve!

let me qoute IMDB here the definition of a director.

"The principal creative artist on a movie set. A director is usually (but not always) the driving artistic source behind the filming process, and communicates to actors the way that he/she would like a particular scene played. A director's duties might also include casting, script editing, shot selection, shot composition, and editing. Typically, a director has complete artistic control over all aspects of the movie, but it is not uncommon for the director to be bound by agreements with either a producer or a studio. In some large productions, a director will delegate less important scenes to a second unit."

A screenplay writer just makes scenery and diolog. It takes the director to translate it to film. He also has more control as an executive producer. And with I think 11 producers I saw on the credits listed on IMDB. I can kinda see where things could have become a power struggle.
Let's not kid ourselfs here this is just like anyother job if your staff don't get along well your end product will suck robot scrotum.

Sky Glory of Iacon
Fuzor

Postby Danamitron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:42 am

Motto: ""Know Your Enemy""
Weapon: Fusion Reaction-Powered Blowtorch Blasters
The movie as a good story and plot. But, can anyone tell me how NEST can destroy Demolisher in the very first scene and then he is back at the end to combine into Devestator? Well, lets just let that go because the toyline calls the big excavator Scavanger in the Devestator combination pack. So maybe there are two bots that looks alike. BUT, how are Mixmaster, Longhaul, and Rampage are fighting in their individual robot modes at the same time as Devestator is combined? WTF!!! Bay either excecutes poorly on simple details (just like in the first film where they mis-names Brawl as Devestator) or he thinks that the Transformers fan are plan dumb. Either way, it is disappointing for this guy.
Danamitron
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby God Magnus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:30 am

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
Thank you for the two-and-a-half hour long fart joke, Mr. Bay. :roll:
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
News Credits: 5
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby T-Macksimus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:19 am

Didicos wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:... the theater i was at only had about 10 transfans the rest had no clue who was who or what was going on ...

I think this true.However they were the ones who enjoyed the movie more(nice CGI,hundrends of explosions,big robots,hot girls & some really funny lines).So, Mr.Bay thank them,the non-TF fans(or atleast the non-hardcore ones), instead of real TF fans,whose opinions you should have heard more when making the movies.

PS: I enjoyed ROTF as an action movie based on TFs and not as a TF movie,if you know what I mean....

Your last line there sums up the attitude that EVERYBODY should have gone in with. When are folks going to get it through their heads that this film COULD NOT be aimed solely at us HArdcore fans!! That would have been irresponsible, piss poor movie making and Transformers would not be pulling in the box office figures it currently is if it had been done the way other Hardcore Fans are crying about. Bay has it nailed, dead on..."[They] never seem to understand that I make movies for people to take a ride and escape."
Those people that went in and watched it without taking that into consideration, it's THEIR fault the movie "sucked" for them.
Not Bays, not the writing team! Failure to grasp this, even by a hardcore fan, points to simple selfish, narrow-minded behavior. Michael Bay asked for fan input, worked with fans on his staff and Hasbros team, but also said that ultimately this was his take, his vision of the Transformers and WE ALL KNEW THAT and still people whine. I take Bays thanks to be aimed at all of those fans who were able to understand what it was he was doing and still supported him. It is NO DIFFERENT than any of us patting someone on the back for a unique and entertaining Mosaic or other piece of fan-fic except Bay had the means to make his piece of fan-fic Epic. As a diehard fan I'll gladly accept the "Thanks" he give and continue to support something new, fresh and innovative. I'm just happy we have Cullen doing Primes voice, if everything else from there diverges completely I still say "Bring it on!"
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Iamwarhorse » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Your Welcome Bay. Only two major things you need to change for the third one. More Ironhide, and less of that horrible shaking camera crap. Nobody likes it, and it's getting old as a film style. It would be nice to actually watch what is going on instead of getting hints of it when the robots fight.
Iamwarhorse
Minibot

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr H 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210587 8H (CA)Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #9 Cvr C Bodybag Boom Comics 2022 JUN220384 9C (CA) Kieu"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #81 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM355 81B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #87 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM330 87C (CA) Wu"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #6 Cvr B Boom Comics 2022 MAR220786 6B (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #4 Cvr K Dynamite Comics 2021 4K 210914F (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #6 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 MAR220788 6D 220531A"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #1 Cvr C 1:10 blood red foil Boom Comics 2021 1C (CA) Shehan"
NEW!
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #2 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2021 APR211058 2A (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD #7 15th Anniversary Image Comics 2028 MAY188676 (CA) Johnson"
WALKING DEAD #7 15 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #15 Cvr E AAPI Image Comics 2021 MAR218080 15E (CA) Cheng"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #33 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 DEC210348 33C (CA) Del Mundo"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #1 Cvr K unlockable Boom Comics 2021 AUG210942 1K (CA) Shehan"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr L LTD Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210591 8L (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON