This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Information on Botcon Custom Class Figure!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Information on Botcon Custom Class Figure!

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon May 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Shawn Tessman, the Teacher of the Botcon Customizing Class has posted a small tid-bit of information regarding the character to be used for the class on the Transformers Club.com forums.

Shawn Tessman wrote:Ok, a small bone. It's an existing character, not something I made up. For the money youse guys are paying, I'd at least want there to be half a chance the character you make is one you might care about.

Shawn

We'll keep you posted when more information becomes available.
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Dead Metal » Mon May 14, 2007 12:40 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Wow whot grand information.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon May 14, 2007 12:44 pm

Dead Metal wrote:Wow whot grand information.

Hey, I realize that it isn't much, but at least it's something. I know quite a few people are disappointed with the new character "Bugbyte" in the box set, so this should come as a relief for the ones who feel this way, and were lucky enough to get in the class.
Bed Bugs
Gestalt

Postby Dead Metal » Mon May 14, 2007 12:53 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Fender Bender wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Wow whot grand information.

Hey, I realize that it isn't much, but at least it's something. I know quite a few people are disappointed with the new character "Bugbyte" in the box set, so this should come as a relief for the ones who feel this way, and were lucky enough to get in the class.

I wasn't refering to you! But the guy who gave you the info.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby yovnocrats » Mon May 14, 2007 12:55 pm

i bet its sunstorm...
yovnocrats
Micromaster

Postby muswp1 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:58 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
Really helpful info there.
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
muswp1
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 3
Buy from muswp1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Retardicon » Mon May 14, 2007 1:01 pm

I'm not sure how this class works. Do they give all the participants the same fig and say, "step 1: remove this, step 2: paint this..."

If that is the case, would they be more likely to use newer molds such as the classics, or would they bust open a case of cybertron surplus and use those?

Like I said I don't know how the class works, if any of you out there have taken the class, can I get your best guess on the questions above?

Thanks!
Retardicon
Minibot

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon May 14, 2007 1:07 pm

The figures are ordered from China unassembled and the class paints the parts, then assembles the figure. This is why last years Rumble/Inferno group ended up with extra heads from the GF Coby Ramble mold.
Bed Bugs
Gestalt

Postby Roboto750 » Mon May 14, 2007 1:09 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
It's a classics repaint for sure. I'd have to agree with another post in this thread that it's Sunstorm. Now, this doesn't count as an officially released exclusive, so this won't make my classics collection complete or incomplete. Still cool to have a figure you made yourself! ;)^
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon May 14, 2007 2:02 pm

well, since the trend so far has been basic size, im betting its going to be that cyb armorhide repainted as huffer that we saw on the comic cover.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon May 14, 2007 2:37 pm

It was previously stated that this year's figure would be larger than last years. So that rules out all basics and minicons. :wink:
Bed Bugs
Gestalt

Postby Scaleface » Mon May 14, 2007 2:47 pm

Oh, maybe Elita One?
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby City Commander » Mon May 14, 2007 2:49 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
I bet it's someone really cool, that everyone would buy. That seems to be the trend this year. I'd say the Cl comic Springer.
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon May 14, 2007 3:01 pm

I don't know, I have a feeling that with the custom class being as limited as it is, that I would doubt any of the characters we have seen in the comic would be the choice to make (especially considering how a lot of people would have a legitimate complaint about that, IMHO)

So my guess? I have to agree with the Sunstorm theory. He's an existing character, but has not appeared in the comic, nor is he essential to have (although I would want one though).
Bed Bugs
Gestalt

Postby fairplaythings » Mon May 14, 2007 3:11 pm

Motto: "For all his bluster, it is the sad province of man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes, hoping that he will have the courage to answer."
Weapon: Slingshot
No way it will be Sunstorm. The class runs in level from beginner to expert. Simply put, unless a seeker body was to be specially done in a yellowish plastic, Sunstorm would require a lot of yellow airbrushing (and possibly a base coat), which would complicate things with respect to drying time, logistics, expertise require, and additional paint costs. We be more likely to see the class provide a G1 design of Starscream than Sunstorm.
fairplaythings
Micromaster
Buy from fairplaythings on eBay
Strength: 5

Postby Scaleface » Mon May 14, 2007 3:22 pm

I don't think it would be Sunstorm because the class is about customizing, paint, stickers and remolding. Sunstorm needs no remolding to make from Starscream.

BTW - Wouldn't it be a piss if they did do Sunstorm, and they used spare Thundercracker parts to make him?
Scaleface
Gestalt

Postby Retardicon » Mon May 14, 2007 3:33 pm

Thanks for the info, Bender!
Retardicon
Minibot

Postby Robinson » Mon May 14, 2007 4:53 pm

Maybe they will buid armor for the classics magnus
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon May 14, 2007 5:39 pm

Hrm... which Classics Deluxe could be repainted into a brand new, but pre-existing character easily...
Astrotrain: No
Bumblebee: Yes, but has already had two repaints
Mirage: Not really
Grimlock: Nope
Dirge: Already has been repainted into other coneheads.
Hot Rod: Could be repainted into another character, Blurr perhaps? Maybe even a Sideswipe/Sunstreaker/Red Alert..
Starscream: Has been repainted already into other well nkown seekers bar Sunstorm.

My money is on Sunstorm.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Robinson » Mon May 14, 2007 6:20 pm

i_amtrunks wrote:Hrm... which Classics Deluxe could be repainted into a brand new, but pre-existing character easily...
Astrotrain: No
Bumblebee: Yes, but has already had two repaints
Mirage: Not really
Grimlock: Nope
Dirge: Already has been repainted into other coneheads.
Hot Rod: Could be repainted into another character, Blurr perhaps? Maybe even a Sideswipe/Sunstreaker/Red Alert..
Starscream: Has been repainted already into other well nkown seekers bar Sunstorm.

My money is on Sunstorm.

Perhaps Rodimus into menasor(or whoever) Like the titanium they are doing
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby fairplaythings » Mon May 14, 2007 6:38 pm

Motto: "For all his bluster, it is the sad province of man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes, hoping that he will have the courage to answer."
Weapon: Slingshot
Not that I'm expecting this, but it is entirely possible it could be Optimus Prime that is selected, leaving a nice opening for a Menasaur/Motormaster, or UK Thunderclash. But I'd be very suprised.

More likely it would be something like Mirage, who'd get the Drag Strip treatment. But again, that's a lot of paint and priming for a mixed group. Maybe a Classics Megatron from the two-pack as Bludgeon.

But the class is getting an EXISTING figure. There was no sculpting last year - just assembling the figure provided. We only have eight hours here.
fairplaythings
Micromaster
Buy from fairplaythings on eBay
Strength: 5

Postby Scaleface » Mon May 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Does it have to be a CLASSIC mold? Last year they used Cybertron Scrapmetal to make Universe Inferno. They might use a Cybertron mold to make a classic character.
Scaleface
Gestalt

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon May 14, 2007 6:51 pm

They have custom classes for this!?!

I wish I knew!

So many bots I've mutilated before mastering the art of part switch repair. My kitbash skills are still weak, but growing. My Classics Thrust will be my finest achevement to date(expected time of finish, sometime during 2009)

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Valandar » Mon May 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
It's entirely possible they may be turning Classics Mirage into "Universe Devcon"!!! :D

Shows how little -I- know...
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby UltraPrimal » Mon May 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
As long as it's not Sunstorm, or Nemesis Prime, or someone like that. If it is, I will be pissed that I didn't get in.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #38 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 MAR220279 38D (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #7 Cvr I 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT210554 7I (CA)Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #2 incv 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2021 APR211065 (CA) Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #57 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 DEC220314 57B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #3 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2021 OCT210724 3D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #50 Cvr F Image Comics 2022 SEP220086 50F (CA) Zonjic"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM327 86C (CA) Wu (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #61 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 FEB230269 61C (CA) Hans"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #9 Cvr C Bodybag Boom Comics 2022 JUN220384 9C (CA) Kieu"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #63 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 MAR230209 63D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #7 Cvr C bodybag Boom Comics 2022 APR220682 7C (CA) Kago"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #83 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM331 83A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #9 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 DEC200241 9A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #1 Dynamic Forces DF Octo Boom Comics 1D (CA) Haeser 240210A"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON