This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SDCC Mighty Mugg Optimus Prime

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

SDCC Mighty Mugg Optimus Prime

Postby Firebird » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:53 am

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Hey everyone,

Hasbro has updated their Transformers section of their website with a preview of their second San Diego Comic-Con Transformers exclusive.

It is going to be a 25th anniversary Optimus Prime Mighty Mugg with a metallic finish much like last years Movie Iron Man figure. It will retail for $14.99, and have commemorative foil packaging.

Here is the link to the announcement.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Re: SDCC Mighty Mugg Optimus Prime

Postby Mkall » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Thanks Firebird!

With Powered Commander coming from TFCon and all the Botcon figs, it is nice to know that I can pass up on some convention exclusives this year.

Of course, who knows if this is all Hasbro will be offering.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Serpent O - R » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:13 pm

IMO, these things are weak...

...And I collect the G1 Robot Heroes, go figure.
SlyTF1 wrote:I dont understand why the hell anyone would see a movie for the story, if you want a story, go read a f*ckin book.
Serpent O - R
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:47 pm

I never understood the appeal of these, but I REALLY don't understand why someone would want an exclusive one that's just a shinier version of another one.

I can sort of see the appeal of the Marvel and Star Wars Mighty Muggs, but the design really doesn't go well at all with TFs.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Chaoslock » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I just remembered what these things are good for: TARGET PRACTICE! :twisted:
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Narc » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Chaoslock wrote:I just remembered what these things are good for: TARGET PRACTICE! :twisted:

Too expensive for target practice.
Narc
Combiner
News Credits: 7

Postby Starscream6 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:54 pm

Weapon: Photon Cannon
haters...these muggs are awesome. im sure this exclusive will just get bought up by scalpers just to be sold on ebay for 3 time there worth
Starscream6
Vehicon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby HighPrime » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
Mkall wrote:Thanks Firebird!

With Powered Commander coming from TFCon and all the Botcon figs, it is nice to know that I can pass up on some convention exclusives this year.

They will be offering Soundwave with Ratbat, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw. It's been confirmed also that this will be the single-deck version (not the SoundBlaster mold)

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bat/15529/
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Mkall » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
HighPrime wrote:
Mkall wrote:Thanks Firebird!

They will be offering Soundwave with Ratbat, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw. It's been confirmed also that this will be the single-deck version (not the SoundBlaster mold)

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bat/15529/

Indeed they are. But I already have encore soundwave, so no need for this figure (my KO Ratbat is just fine).

I keep thinking they'll release some universe repaint fig that everyone'll want to grab, myself included. We'll see...

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Blurrz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I couldn't even tell the difference until someone notified me that it was 'Metallic Finish' Q_Q.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Delicon » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:28 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Blurrz wrote:I couldn't even tell the difference until someone notified me that it was 'Metallic Finish' Q_Q.

I was in the exact same boat. My wife asked me what the difference was so I pulled up a pic of the original, looked for half a sec and still didn't see any difference that made it exclusive-worthy.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOT SHOT Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Dragster Car Hasbro 2020 New"
Rescan HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER HOT SHOT 14" tall Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 New"
POWER HOT SHOT 14" ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS + RESCUE CUTTER Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool"
CHIEF CHARLIE BURN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON