This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Alternity Convoy Vibrant Red

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Alternity Convoy Vibrant Red

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Just reading the title make you want to think........is it a drink? Some population control device or better yet nail polish or hair dye.

Naaah, just yanking your chain , this is the "red" part of the combo while the other is well silver.

Anyway just got the red version and boy am I floored or what!

So let us begin...............[pics to follow]

What do you get when you mix Car Robot,binaltech and Kissplayers and a pinch of Henkei? Well you get Alternity.

Back story: this Convoy is G1 retcon. Just after Operation Rolling Thunder of Binaltech, past Binaltech Convoy but before Kiss Players.

Contents:

Hard transparent plastic with an internal clamshell pack
1 Nissan GT-R (eat your "spark" out Meister)
1 instruction manual/back story(?)

Taking a cephalocaudal description, let me start with the head

head: (drop dead handsome, almost a deadringer to FireConvoy of CarRobots)

eyes:(light piping transparent over a blue colored simulated optic labels)

arms:kind of scrawny with fists that are well suited to carrying thin weapons. Btw, he is armed (pardoned the pun) with double barreled handblasters

chest/abdomen: of course the front fender of the Nissan GT-R and his beer can pectorial muscles (again similar to Fire Convoy)
his hip/groin looks a lot like henkei Convoy with a Cybertron symbol for a belt buckle

Spine:this is where all the die-cast is concentrated.......painted glossy gray

The legs and feet are like a hybrid Binaltech/Henkei with the wheels hidden this time.

Skin: all PVC ABS painted over (like KissPlayers) in vibrant red coat

Details:

side mirrors are chromed
logo of the GT-R
right hand drive steering wheel
interior details
rubber tires
painted door handles
painted mag wheels
Points of articlulation: give or take 10

Skill level of transformation: 4/5............ quite hard, especially the first step.

Personal rant:

Should we get tired with Convoy? There's like nearly over 50 different molds of this guy and yet........nahhhh, with the exception of one or two clunkers, this one is a keeper.

Just picture him this time in a Meister like body and "you'll get my drift" to quote Spike in "Fire in the Sky". Instead of a hulking monster of a truck, you have a macho supercar version of him sans Roller and his ion blaster and his energon axe..........he lost quite some of his weapons hasn't he.

Imperfections? Transforming him is just as hard as binaltech ,and like maintaining his divided chest locked in place

Still ..........another mold worth the name of Convoy so get him while his hot.

I give him a: 4 out of 5
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Alternity Convoy Vibrant Red

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks for the review.

I'm still wondering when the heck BBTS is going to have these in stock.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Firebird » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
DevastaTTor wrote:Thanks for the review.

They already were in stock at BBTS. Mine 2 Alternities shipped out 3 days ago. If you didn't preorder them try using TFsource.

Also, Nice review Fenrir72. UPS needs to deliver my stuff faster!
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Mykltron » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
UPS suck, I'd never choose them.

Thanks for the review, but where are the pics?

I've ordered mine but as it's shipping with MP Grim I've got a wait...

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Mykltron » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
fenrir72 wrote:Should we get tired with Convoy?

I've got 13 different Optimuses and when my Alternity arrives I'll 14. Tired of all the versions? NO WAY! Gimme more!

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I am to please brothers. Pics in the pipe-line soon.

One more thing I found kind off wacky, in his poster/instruction manual there's a funny quote..."From here to Alternity...."

Wasn't that from a sappy 50's romance movie?

Anyway here are other things I got from the Manual:

Power Plans and Specs:

1.10-dimensional processore block on his forehead
2.Timestorm detector Array (his side doors)
3.Timaeus powertrack generator (his chest)
4.Alternium hyper-frame (his headlights0
5.Universal emulation engine (his belt buckle)
6.Anti-hytherion spacetime-piercing tachyon blasters :???: his hand blasters
7.Phasic isolation shield emitter (knee caps)
8.Planet force storage reactors (his shins)

Another thing, Convoy's title know is "Masterlord". Sounds quite menacing.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:12 am

Firebird wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:Thanks for the review.

They already were in stock at BBTS. Mine 2 Alternities shipped out 3 days ago. If you didn't preorder them try using TFsource.

Also, Nice review Fenrir72. UPS needs to deliver my stuff faster!

For those folks looking for Red Alternity Convoy, TFSource.com is expecting them on Monday-of course, that's subject to change. Hopefully it'll be this week though.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1A GI JOE 0623IM806 (A/CA) Reilly (W)WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #34 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210495 34B (CA) Margevich (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #34 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 0124IM328 7C (CA) Araújo +O’Halloran"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 231222Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED FCBD IDW Comics 2008 Free Comic Book Day 230227"
TRANSFORMERS ANIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210501 7B (CA) Pirrie"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210482 31A (CA) Zuniga (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON