This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hugo Weaving Will Return In Tranformers Revenge Of The Falle

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Hugo Weaving Will Return In Tranformers Revenge Of The Falle

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:04 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
A journalist for the Australian paper- The Advertiser, Sean Fewster tips us on a returning voice actor for the next movie that completely refutes one Michael Bay's original statements about the movie sequel.

One of Sean's co-workers at the paper, film writer Andrew Fenton interviewed actor Hugo Weaving:

"Mega Secret
By Andrew Fenton
Film Writer, The Advertiser

In town to promote his rather excellent new Aussie film, "Last Ride", Hugo Weaving let slip he'll be returning as the voice of Megatron in "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen".

Fans no doubt will recall that when we last saw Megatron, Sam (Shia LaBeouf) had rammed the All Spark cube into his chest, thereby destroying him. Despite this certain death, rumours have been circulating the villain was going to make a comeback. Director Michael Bay went so far as to flatly deny the rumour, telling Empire: "He's not in the movie".

Turns out Bay was fibbing. "I've already done it," Weaving says, adding Bay had told him to keep the news hush-hush. "He's over in LA and we were working on the video split sort of thing and I had this strange conversation where he seemed to imply it was all a big secret. So there you go - I've given you the secret scoop."

So how is Megatron resurrected? Weaving is coy about revealling too much, but does give a tiny hint.

"I think in the last one, doesn't Optimus Prime pick up a little bit of, a shard of the cube, or the thing that's left, and he takes it with him. Maybe there's something there... but I don't know," he laughs.

We'll find out on June 25, the film's Australian release."

For those hoping for the return of Generation One Megatron voice actor Frank Welker to take the role if the big bad in the sequel, well it appears you are out of luck. What other voice actors from the first film will be making a return? Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more revenge news as it happens.

Thanks to Sean, and Andrew for this piece of Revenge of the Fallen news.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Hugo Weaving Will Return In Tranformers Revenge Of The Falle

Postby Burn » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:15 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
*cue the haters*
*also, note to self* Text Sean sometime and catch up with him
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby capellamusic » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:21 am

Motto: "Sex, food and rock'n'roll"
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
I've got nothing against Hugo, but I prefer Frank Welker and his performance doing Megatron, so I'm disapointed with this... I still hope Frank will do any other character in the movie, hopefully Soundwave.
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
Megatron: Hmm... a free natural air conditioning system?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Buy from capellamusic on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Urzu Six » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:44 am

If Megs is back, then I'm glad Hugo Weaving will return. I do prefer Frank Welker, but I'd rather have continuity. Besides, its not like Hugo is a bad actor...
Urzu Six
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot Ignition » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:02 am

I'd prefer continuity too - Even though I'd love Frank Welker to have voiced Megatron. But I really hope Frank Welker does Soundwave.
Autobot Ignition
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet Space ship Hyper car triple changer
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Mykltron » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:14 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
I'm very glad - not just cos of continuity but I thought Weaving was best cos he sounded so bestial and insane.

Yeah, I think Weaving was better than Welker. I'll take you ALL on!

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby CJH » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:34 am

No doubt he was returning as Megatron as he really suited the character more than Welker.

If I had to guess... I'd wonder if Welker would voice Mudflap and/or Skids.......
I say that as Welker's voice does sound older and the old robot twins could fit there.

Having said that he could voice The Fallen..
CJH
Minibot

Postby Covenant » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 am

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I'm among the "prior to first film would have preferred Welker, but now that they've used the very, very, very altered voice of Weaving they should stick with it and give Welker the damn respect of voicing another big role in the upcoming flick, likely Soundwave" crowd on the matter.

But, what's this? What's this?

Hugo can't possibly be returning. That Leader Class toy of this new supposed Megatron is just that, a toy, no solid relation to what will be on screen. A Legends figure of the same? No, no, its wrong, Megatron is not returning, I was assured. A FAB as well, you say? It's just Hasbro being thorough, has no indication that Megatron will be returning. Because he can't. Bay said so.

Seriously though? Can't wait to see that tank thrashing through battle onscreen. Don't care for the new look of Megatron's robot mode, almost prefer the '07 robot look to it (and I still don't like that one), but the tank looks tight (for the aesthetics of the film). They did good to bring back Hugo though, a change in voice now would be glaring.
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby typh0id » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:40 am

I agree with pretty much everyone else..Weaving did it in the first film so he should keep doing it...I wouldn't have MINDED if Welker took over because Weaving didn't want to do it anymore, but I think it's better this way...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby dragons » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:50 am

im glad to here that that was the one thing that was mmaing me nervous when we found out megatron was in this film if he was going to return or not.

if they chose to go with another actor to do megatrons voice i say they should have called megatron galvatron if waeving wasnt going to return now that its officail no need for that to happen
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby karellan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:30 am

He had all of like three lines in the first film, aside from grunting. I doubt many people would have noticed a change in actor.
karellan
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby TRANS+CRAZY » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:34 am

This isn't news to me, as I figured that if they were going to bring Megatron back in ROTF, they would have Hugo Weaving resume the role. No sense in using somebody else to voice Megatron, seeing that Michael Bay thought Weaving was just right for that role.
TRANS+CRAZY
Fuzor
Location: In Michigan... just minutes away from towns you've never heard of before...

Postby Starfield » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 am

I got this personal theory that "The Fallen" is Megatron. Megatron is fallen, he did fall. He comes back and now wants Revenge! The official title of the movie is Revenge of the Fallen, not The Fallen. The Fallen character in the trailer is some kind of reborn protoform or something that lasts about 2 minutes until he scans a tank. Anything can happen when a MacGuffin gets crammed into your spark-casing.

It seems difficult to introduce a new character, "The Fallen," and all of a sudden have a reason to want revenge. What's the setup? "Revenge" is the name of a sequel when the bad guy from the first movie want to get Revenge in the next movie.

Plus, I don't think Bay read War Within.

Sorry to spoil it for you. :o)
Starfield
Mini-Con

Postby D-340 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:53 am

Starfield wrote:I got this personal theory that "The Fallen" is Megatron. Megatron is fallen, he did fall. He comes back and now wants Revenge! The official title of the movie is Revenge of the Fallen, not The Fallen. The Fallen character in the trailer is some kind of reborn protoform or something that lasts about 2 minutes until he scans a tank. Anything can happen when a MacGuffin gets crammed into your spark-casing.

It seems difficult to introduce a new character, "The Fallen," and all of a sudden have a reason to want revenge. What's the setup? "Revenge" is the name of a sequel when the bad guy from the first movie want to get Revenge in the next movie.

Well, your personal theory is wrong. It's already a known that Megatron and The Fallen are SEPARATE CHARACTERS. The Fallen is not Megatron, he is not Jetfire, he is his own character. Get over it.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby Archatron » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:16 am

D-340 wrote:
Starfield wrote:I got this personal theory that "The Fallen" is Megatron. Megatron is fallen, he did fall. He comes back and now wants Revenge! The official title of the movie is Revenge of the Fallen, not The Fallen. The Fallen character in the trailer is some kind of reborn protoform or something that lasts about 2 minutes until he scans a tank. Anything can happen when a MacGuffin gets crammed into your spark-casing.

Well, your personal theory is wrong. It's already a known that Megatron and The Fallen are SEPARATE CHARACTERS. The Fallen is not Megatron, he is not Jetfire, he is his own character. Get over it.

Thanks. :APPLAUSE: It's not like we haven't seen the toys and official bios and instruction sheets, sorry to spoil it for the next person with a theory. :P
Archatron
Combiner
News Credits: 9

Postby jonusjaxon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:25 am

I don't care. I just hope Welker does Soundwave.
jonusjaxon
Minibot

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:33 am

karellan wrote:He had all of like three lines in the first film, aside from grunting. I doubt many people would have noticed a change in actor.

Da, this is what I was thinking. And Welker was awesome in the video game.

Plus, Weaving's kind of a douche bag for just saying that in an interview after Bay told him it was a secret.

And additionally I have issues respecting an actor who goes in, does his bit, and doesn't even bother trying to understand how his character isn't dead.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Starfield » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:38 am

Archatron wrote:
D-340 wrote:

Thanks. :APPLAUSE: It's not like we haven't seen the toys and official bios and instruction sheets, sorry to spoil it for the next person with a theory. :P

Have you ever read Galvatron's G1 bio?
Starfield
Mini-Con

Postby Solrac333 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:46 am

That's fine. The next headline better be Frank Welker is Soundwave!
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Ravage XK » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:25 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Nothing against Weaving but I also prefer Welkers version. Weaving's version was generic and a pale immitation of Welkers unique and proper insane persons voice.

I just know they are gonna mess with Soundwaves voice too. You know they will, you just know it.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby First-Aid » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Frank Welker will be in TF2 and I'm really surprised that noo one has figured out who he's gonna be. He might...MIGHT...be Soundwave...but he will DEFINITELY WITHOUT A DOUBT IN MY MIND be Ravage. NOBODY is better at animalistic sounds than Frank Welker...with the possible exception of the late great Mel Blanc.

As for Weaving, I'm cool wit it. I like the idea of a deeper more menacing sound he had in the first movie no matter how much I liked G1. Welker's Megsy was often rather "whiny sounding" according to my wife...and I quote her "not Starscream whiny but still kinda whiny."

...I'm so proud of her. 8)
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby Phenotype » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Caelus wrote:Plus, Weaving's kind of a douche bag for just saying that in an interview after Bay told him it was a secret.

That's what I was thinking too.
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby Terrorsaur_85 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Bleh! >.> i was hoping frank walker would voice megtron. not that wash up of an actor. oh well--maybe he'll voice soundwave? other wise its all 'MEH' to me.

"I maynot be G1 prime. but i can still kick your ass!" -RID PRIME
Terrorsaur_85
Mini-Con

Postby IAmThePeej » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:00 pm

This is one thing I am not happy about. I'm not complaining that Frank Welker isn't voicing Megatron, though I do hope he does play Soundwave, I'm just disappointed that Weaving is coming back. To me he is only a generic actor, slightly slurring his speech to sound "original", when he really isn't.. If we were to have a slurring drunk as Megatron, I'd rather it be Sean Connery, but since we don't have that option, I'm really hoping he has less lines in this movie than he already had in the last one.
Your local source for posts that are overly long.
IAmThePeej
Micromaster

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON