This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

GM Slashes Marketing Budget

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

GM Slashes Marketing Budget

Postby Nekoman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Autoblog reports that car manufacturer General Motors plans to cut their North American marketing budget by $800 million dollars.

What this means is that there will be no big marketing push for Transformers Revenge of The Fallen like we saw with the original movie. General Motors is said to have spent in the tens of millions on advertising related initiatives in 2007 for just Transformers alone and now will no longer be able to afford such actions.

Read the entire entry by clicking here.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: GM Slashes Marketing Budget

Postby Scaleface » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:25 am

Maybe they should focus on getting the cars that appear in the film on the market so that when people see the film they can decide to go out and buy the car they saw.

I mean look at the first movie. It was a giant GM car commercial, and the biggest car tie-ins were Jazz and Bumblebee, high end cars that were not available in the form they appeared in the film (The Camaro wasn't released and the Solstice wasn't available in hard top!)

How about they make sure a couple of the medium end cars appearing in the film are on the show room floor with a "for sale" sign on the window this time? Preferable with a special edition "Autobot" insignia on the hubcaps or front license plate. People would eat that up.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Deszaras » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:07 pm

G1 was a 22 min toy commercial, or at least is what some people say. I don't think so. But this movies ARE a 2 hours gm car commercial. Maybe this time, Sam talk about the cars, something like "Quick!!! Mikaela, get in this brand new 2009 Camaro, with the luxurious retro-style interior, leather seats, independent suspension, a powerful V6 with 300+ hp just for $$$$$$$!!!!!"
Deszaras
Micromaster
News Credits: 10

Postby TheMuffin » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Scaleface wrote:Maybe they should focus on getting the cars that appear in the film on the market so that when people see the film they can decide to go out and buy the car they saw.

I mean look at the first movie. It was a giant GM car commercial, and the biggest car tie-ins were Jazz and Bumblebee, high end cars that were not available in the form they appeared in the film (The Camaro wasn't released and the Solstice wasn't available in hard top!)

How about they make sure a couple of the medium end cars appearing in the film are on the show room floor with a "for sale" sign on the window this time? Preferable with a special edition "Autobot" insignia on the hubcaps or front license plate. People would eat that up.

Ahhhh! My brain! The sheer lunacy of solid logic is overloading it!
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Bumblebeast » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 pm

I WOULD definately eat that up.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:01 pm

They ought to put those funds to getting that Chevy Volt out! That's what we really need!
BATTLEMASTER IIC
Vehicon

Postby Sherade » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Oh well.
As long as Ford is still doing better.
:grin:
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby Transfaner » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:49 pm

To hell with GM and Ford, and chrysler for that matter. It's time to pay for your sins Detroit. Auto assembly workers making 30/hr + to make sure bolts are tight, the UAW makes me sick to my stomach. Making sub-par products at over-par prices to boot. It's a wonder they stayed afloat as long as they did.
Transfaner
Minibot

Postby Scaleface » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:12 pm

Funny things is I work in an auto related field in Detroit. Not one of those high paying union jobs, we make slightly more than a guy working at a fast food restaurant, and compete globally. Most of us in the Detroit auto industry are NOT the old style union jobs. They do exist, but they are getting rare these days.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Bumblebeast » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:55 pm

However, the transformersmovie.com site has a lot of info relating to the GM cars.

I like the Volt too, and i'm saving to get one of those when they come out.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon

Postby First-Aid » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:32 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I suspect that the logic behind this decision is as follows: let the movie advertising do it for us, rather than advertising our cars ON TOP OF the ads for the movie. It makes more sense to me that way anyways; they obviously ponied out some serious jack to get their product in the movie...why pay for ADDITIONAL advertising and seperate commercials when the cars are going to be in most of the commercials for the movie anyways? So they cut the budget there.

I hope I explained that the way I meant it... :-?
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON