This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
In recent news, we have the much anticipated set two pack of Animated Jetfire and Jetstorm.

It started as anticipation when we saw that the two pack was posted for pre-order on BBTS.

Then, for many, it turned to a bit of disgust on the part of many posters when pictures of the box set were added.

Now designer Derrick J. Wyatt, comments on the duo on his blog, 'A Delightful Tedium'.

I wouldn't rush to judgment on the Jetfire and Jetstorm figures yet. Those are some pretty terrible pictures that are out there right now. The pictures I saw way back of the grey prototypes looked really good. And yes, of course they have hands! In both robot modes! The promo pics are just mistransformed. Once they are properly transformed and posed out, they should look pretty cool.

Does this news make you feel a bit more encouraged, or do you think Mr. Wyatt is saying this to support his current paycheck producers. Let us know below!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys

Postby Flashwave » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:07 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I'm not surprised they are misformed. But there isn't a lot of meat on the arms to wor with judging by ALL the pictures. Did we have these debates when the wingless G2 Starscream was put out?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Tekka » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:09 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
We shall see, though I don't know how mis-transformed they could have been.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 2

Postby ayenlou » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:10 pm

I asked Derrick J. Wyatt that question... How come I don't get credit for asking him that question? O_O
ayenlou
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4

Postby robofreak » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:14 pm

This is why I was defending these molds. I'm going to buy them and if I end up liking them more then I'll get another set for customizing.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby Nightwalker » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:15 pm

So why don't show the better pictures?? It's just an idea....
Nightwalker
Minibot

Postby Agent 007 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:18 pm

it's gonna take a lot of changes to change how I feel about them.
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby dragons » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 pm

show us more pictures pictures of the back package and ill pass my judgement then.

but for right now 1 out of 10 1 its in the buying stage form me unitl i see more pictures & pictures of the back package to be sure yeah they look werrid but like how they look if the hands thing is true after.

look at ben stillers character in mystery men hes a hotheaded jerk, strait forward answers alot of times heh reminds me of myself but he has freinds in the movie/teammates that respect appreciate him no matter how he is kinda like these guys here i suppose.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
It's a sigh of relief for sure, but I'm still not thrilled about them.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Overcracker » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
O.K. I can maybe buy that there may be hands inside the nose cone pieces for the individual robots.

But there's no way those leg/arms are going to improve just by having a fist or fingers pop out at the ankle. They'll still look over-sized, and I can't really see anything there that would fold up back or out of the way to make them look less like legs.

Not to mention the other defects they have, that won;t actually be removed by correctly transforming them. *cough*-combined jet mode-*cough*
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Last Update: April 29th, 2024:
Now holding 1100!!! figures and 2607 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Powersa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Actual toys will look better than the stock photos? Well that's news to me.
Powersa
Combiner

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:04 pm

I wonder how much Hasbro payed him to say that.

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Robot4762 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Motto: "I am ... Ronny the Mighty!!"
Weapon: Sword
Powersa wrote:Actual toys will look better than the stock photos? Well that's news to me.

Yes, That is wierd

METAL FTW!!!
Robot4762
Gestalt
Location: In a harsh blistering land full of hate and despair (AKA Arizona)
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Solrac333 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Mistransformed? I don't think there is a way to transform that into something cool.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby shortround » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:04 pm

I think both to encourage us as transformers buyers and to support the guys who write his paycheck, because this guy might have a stake in weather these figures are hit or miss and hasbro has been taking alot of hits in the quality control department as well as some of there odd design idea as of late.
Serpentor "I am the one born to rule and destined to conquer. Let those who fear me, follow me. Let those who oppose me, die."
shortround
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Sledge » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:10 pm

I, in turn, wouldn't put too much faith in early prototypes. The early prototypes for Masterpiece Starscream were friggin' awesome. Then some prat decided to screw the whole thing up.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:14 pm

What's wrong with those figures goes way beyond them not having hands. They're just bad designs. I can't imagine ANY way they could be transformed differently that would make them more appealing.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Chaoslock » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:02 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I kinda like these, they are like the pretender inner robots or the autobot clones back in the 80s...
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity

Postby zero-kaiser » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:56 pm

Motto: ""High tech circuitry is no replacement for guts!!""
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
bumblebeerocks wrote:
Powersa wrote:Actual toys will look better than the stock photos? Well that's news to me.

Yes, That is wierd

lol!! good lord... surely even a photographer would notice somethings not quite right there...
zero-kaiser
Pretender
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Senor Hugo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:00 pm

Just how mistranformed can they be? They may have hands, but adding in hands doesn't turn a pile of crap into a Mona Lisa of plastic.

If they guy did design them, and he's trying to save his job by saying "hey they're mistransformed, please buy them"

I should remind everyone about the creator of the Virtual Boy Gunpei Yoko

If it's someones job to design something that is pleasing to the eye, something that people will buy. And we get something the exact opposite, should we still buy it just because someone said "oh, it may look like crap there, but if you do this this and this to it, it looks good?"

Or should we not buy it and just demand better designs and product from the people we give our money to as consumers?
Senor Hugo
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Zeds » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:06 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Mistransformed or not if I think of the figures I throw up just a little bit more. The colours leave something to be desired as well.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby gantzrunner » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:21 pm

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
Sadly, I originally got into the animated series because of the attention it gave to gen 1 detail. Jetfire is one of my favorites, so seeing this energon-ish version that throws everything familiar about the character away is frustrating, especially compared to figures like jazz. Prowl was a radical change, but at least he looked okay.
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Skill: 9

Postby TankedThomas » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:40 pm

I can actually think of a few ways that those could be transformed properly to create a much more pleasing duo. Personally, I think they should change the names because Jetfire is worthy of something better but apart from that, I do like the idea. I think the combiner modes are currently as buggered as can be - that is, I think they are extremely mis-transformed. I like the idea of the two-sided head and how it is actually different to their standard robot mode heads.
The colours aren't the greatest but I guess I could get used to it. I will be buying it though.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that if anyone is thinking about boycotting these so that we get much nicer new molds instead, forget it. Do you know why? Stupid, little kids. Their parents nilly-willy buy them any random stuff and they usually treat it as "another toy", meaning not very well. Some treat them good, some don't. But then these kids and dorky parents wouldn't know any better and suddenly, these idiots are fueling these figures that we're all trying so hard to boycott!

I say give these guys a chance and wait until we see photos of the actual figures (and not those stock photos that I want to kill Hasbro over - it's time they uninstalled Photoshop). I am reserving my judgement. They look half decent. Hopefully my mind will be changed.
TankedThomas
Micromaster
Watch TankedThomas on YouTube
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: ???

Postby TFBuyer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
dragons wrote:look at ben stillers character in mystery men hes a hotheaded jerk, strait forward answers alot of times heh reminds me of myself but he has freinds in the movie/teammates that respect appreciate him no matter how he is kinda like these guys here i suppose.

You win the Most Random Comparison of the Day Award. :APPLAUSE:

Recent TF Purchases--Transformers Power of the Primes!
TFBuyer
Headmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4

Postby StryderPrime » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:48 pm

As Obama would said:

"If you put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig"

GuyIncognito wrote:What's wrong with those figures goes way beyond them not having hands. They're just bad designs. I can't imagine ANY way they could be transformed differently that would make them more appealing.

I 2nd that.....If they add sum wings.... change their alt modes so they wont look like flying colorful easter bricks, then yea they might be a sure win......
StryderPrime
Fuzor

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #24 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 24B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MICROMASTERS #1 Cvr B Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 1B (A/CA) Ruffolo"
Transformers MICRO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 4C GI JOE 0124IM249 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231010J"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221672 1RI"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Insecticons Cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #3 IDW Comics 2020 MAR200693 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2007 1B (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 DEC210546 1A (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON