This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Movie Wins Big at Visual Effects Society Awards

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers Movie Wins Big at Visual Effects Society Awards

Postby Skowl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:56 pm

The Visual Effects Society has announced the winners of the 6th annual VES awards, which recognizes achievement and excellence in the field of visual effects.

The Transformers Movie has brought home four awards, including the top prize of "Best Visual Effects in a Visual Effects Driven Motion Picture" as well as the award for "Best Single Visual Effect of the Year" for the Optimus Prime vs Bonecrusher desert highway battle. The film also picks up the award for "Best Models or Miniatures in a Motion Picture" as well as "Best Compositing in a Motion Picture"

The Transformers Movie was also nominated for "Best Animated Character in a Live Action Motion Picture" for Optimus Prime, but lost to Davy Jones of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Here are the winners!

Visual Effects in a Visual Effects Driven Motion Picture
"Transformers"
Scott Farrar
Shari Hanson
Russell Earl
Scott Benza

Best Single Visual Effect of the Year
"Transformers" (Desert highway sequence)
Scott Farrar
Shari Hanson
Shawn Kelly
Michael Jamieson

Models or Miniatures in a Motion Picture
"Transformers"
Dave Fogler
Ron Woodall
Alex Jaeger
Brian Gernand

Compositing in a Motion Picture
"Transformers"
Pat Tubach
Beth D'Amato
Todd Vaziri
Mike Conte

See the list of winners on the VES awards site by clicking here

Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re: Transformers MovieWins Big at Visual Effects Society Awards!

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:30 pm

All we gots left to go is Oscar!

Then Alex Kingdome will have to eat his collection!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Re: Transformers MovieWins Big at Visual Effects Society Awards!

Postby Mechabreaker » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Yup, let's see TF take home the best visual effects Award, I will be tuning in for sure!

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Movie Wins Big at Visual Effects Society Awards

Postby dragons » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:09 pm

way to go transformers your proving everyone wrong for now you may not have won the boxoffice wars but you are kicking but at the award shows and dvd sales
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Heavy B » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
bitchen. straight up bitchen
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:02 am

dragons wrote:way to go transformers your proving everyone wrong for now you may not have won the boxoffice wars but you are kicking but at the award shows and dvd sales

# 3 in the usa and # 5 in the world with a grand total of 703 million for 2007 on half the movie screens that most other movies had their movies released on is not a box office winner ? It's not the number one spot of course but that's a winner to me!
Anyway, great news of course and it will only increase the budget for TF2 and we'll get more bots and more improvements in general.

:D
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #4 var 1:25 Marvel Comics JAN230863 (CA) Stegman"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #23 var 1:100 Timeless Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230730 (CA) Ross"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #3 var WHM Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220961 (CA) Bazaldua 240415A"
NEW!
SHE-HULK #3 var WH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #38 Marvel Comics 2020 NOV190915 (CA) Gleason 231010T"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var foil Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230655 (CA)Hughes 240415D"
NEW!
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPIDER-MAN #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220760 (CA) Stegman (W) Slott"
SPIDER-MAN #1 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220942 (CA) Garron"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Immortal Hulk THRESHING PLACE #1 Marvel Comics 2020 210621C (A/CA) Del Mundo"
Immortal Hulk THRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #20 Marvel Comics 2020 SEP200630 (CA) Garron"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BEN REILLY SPIDER-MAN #2 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210942 (CA) Skroce (W) Dematteis"
BEN REILLY SPIDER- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #89 var Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210938 (CA) Gleason 231117A"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg DEC220767"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #23 1:100 Disney 100 Marvel Comics FEB230732 Pastrovicchio"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #21 var Disney 100 Marvel Comics JAN230809 (CA) Mangiatordi"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON