This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

U.S. Masterpiece Starscream to be Release in Japan

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

U.S. Masterpiece Starscream to be Release in Japan

Postby Hotrod » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:35 pm

It looks like the United States is not the only place that will see a release of a Masterpiece Starscream in G1 anime colors. The U.S. version of Starscream will be released in Japan. Fan to Fan has put up a preorder with an image and small description of the figure. The version released in Japan will come in the original U.S. packaging. However, the weathering and marking are expected to be different from U.S. released version. Click here to view the preorder for yourself. To get all the latest news about this release and other toy releases be sure to keep checking out the Seibertron.com Toy Section.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby GetterDragun » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:49 pm

I wonder if it will be less money than MP Starscream was, ince it is in the US.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby neliz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:53 pm

GetterDragun wrote:I wonder if it will be less money than MP Starscream was, ince it is in the US.

$59 for walmart $79 for the pre-order one takara version.

I still pre-ordered both...

that means that pre-ordering the jap version of starscream is *CHEAPER* than pre-ordering the wal-mart version through BBTS :(
neliz
Godmaster

Postby waaaaghlord » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:54 pm

Well the weathering should be easy enough to remove on either version. I am quite taken by the crown on the Walmart version, guess we'll have to see if it retains that. I'm going to have to import either way, so pricing probably won't work out too far apart on the two variants anyway, but we'll just have to see.

After the MP03 release turned out to be something of a shelfwarmer in Japan can anyone really say that they're surprised by this?
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:55 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I just hope they release this bad boy in Quebec.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:00 pm

I have a feeling this is Hasbro's atempt at increasing the value of their products.

Think about it, collectors normaly go for Japanesse versions of high end or rare figures, because normaly, the paint and packaging are prefered.

Could Hasbro be trying to get in on this and expand their profits in forign markets as well as take a share of the import market? I hope so because, I for one could live without import shipping costs.

Then again, maybe this is just in something in my head.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:03 pm

It's an interesting move, maybe TakaraTomy want to do some testing and see if the Japanese will buy a figure that actually looks like the character it is called?
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby First Gen » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:11 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
BBTS inflates all their prices.

I'll wait til WalMart gets it.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:12 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Thats not right. They already have MP Starscream. We didnt get it over here so why should they get ours? We dont get any of there cool exclusives so why should they get ours?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+

Postby Hotrod » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:19 pm

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Thats not right. They already have MP Starscream. We didnt get it over here so why should they get ours? We dont get any of there cool exclusives so why should they get ours?

They do not get many of our exclusives. Classics and Titanium lines, Energon Grimlock and Swoop being three right off the top of my head. /:) Also this may be Hasbo's way of off setting cost so they could bring it to us.
Hotrod
City Commander

Postby Powersa » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:25 pm

My guess is that to fans in Japan, this will be like a repaint of MP Starscream at a lower price, basically just pros.
Powersa
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby Zeds » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
I wish I was Japanese. They get so many cool exclusives plus the ones released in the US. :-x

Lucky triple 888 with this post!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Blitzwing the warrior » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:07 pm

When is Masterpiece Starscream coming to the states again?
Blitzwing the warrior
Fuzor
News Credits: 4

Postby Hotrod » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:15 pm

g1transformers wrote:I wish I was Japanese. They get so many cool exclusives plus the ones released in the US. :-x

Lucky triple 888 with this post!

No they do not usually get US exclusives. This is one of the few times they have.
Hotrod
City Commander

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:14 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
waaaaghlord wrote:I am quite taken by the crown on the Walmart version, guess we'll have to see if it retains that.

Crown?? What are you talking about??
------------------------------
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:50 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
kirbenvost wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:I am quite taken by the crown on the Walmart version, guess we'll have to see if it retains that.

Err yeah, I second that...bwah?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:50 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Makes you wonder why they didn't release it that way the first time.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby ghostofstarscream » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:51 pm

Autobot032 wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

The crown decal on the side of the cockpit... a la Decepticon Crown of Leadership.

I'll have to be driving down across the line to pick mine up!
ghostofstarscream
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Professor Smooth » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:44 pm

Woo hoo! I won't have to import!
Professor Smooth
Headmaster
News Credits: 553

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:47 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
It'd be nice if one of them did it even more right, and included accessories like the crown, the cape, and shoulder pads, MP Megs gun version...

But yeah, at least we get it, I guess.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby King Starscream89 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:01 pm

Wait a sec ....from what ive seen it costs an arm and leg and sometimes having to deal with interpol (in the case of mp megs)to import something from Japan seeing as to how itll take the better part of a decade for hasbro to release the origonal item here yet when we get G1 mp Starscream Japan is already taking preorders for it for retail i understand that its only fair seeing as that where takara is located but i just dont think that cosmically the tragedy has befallen everyone equally now i beileve its safe to assume that we in the states will never see a release of Mp Starscream(* the origonal version) yet people will still be paying quite a bit to get ahold of one yet japan dosent have to suffer that set back becuase from what ive taken in from this articel theyll be gettign the figure retail. I have to say that dosent seem quite fair but no point in arguing it
Leadership is an easy job all you need is to be strong and have people who are devoted to you
King Starscream89
Minibot

Postby Professor Smooth » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:37 pm

So what you're saying is that the Japanese fans should miss out on a figure because Western fans have done the same? That's kinda spiteful, isn't it? It's not like the Japanese fans are keeping you from getting Japanese exclusives.
Professor Smooth
Headmaster
News Credits: 553

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:39 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
ghostofstarscream wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

The crown decal on the side of the cockpit... a la Decepticon Crown of Leadership.

Oh. You had me more excited for a second. :-P :lol:
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:13 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
kirbenvost wrote:
ghostofstarscream wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

Oh. You had me more excited for a second. :-P :lol:

Er...I'm pretty sure the Crown decal is in the Japanese original's set as well...
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby waaaaghlord » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:25 am

ghostofstarscream wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

Yeah that's what I meant, since the original post mentioned possible slight differences in the deco I figured that was pretty much in context. Sorry if I made anyone cream their pants with the thought of an actual crown:oops:
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220488 41B (CA) Pirrie"
TRANSFORMERS #41 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #70 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Wildman 230915E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #1 Cvr A IDW Comics JAN200696 1A Fullerton 240427A"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915M"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM855 (CA) Howard"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210498 2A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222H"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #2 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E 1223IM263 (CA) Dragotta"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #2 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (A/CA) Francis (W) Lafrance 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 3A (CA) Thomas"
Transformers Wreck ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON