This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Classics Devcon from Classics Mirage (kitbash)

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Classics Devcon from Classics Mirage (kitbash)

Postby Valandar » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:25 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
A buddy of mine has been bugging me for a while to help him figure out how to make a Devcon figure. Well, eventually we decided on Mirage. This is my first significant bash (I don't consider Ironhide from Galaxy Force Deluxe prime, that was just a halfhearted head sculpt and a mediocre repaint)

I should note before I show these pictures that I did not agree with his color choice for the dark blue, and that these pictures were taken before final touchup and varnishing. The dark blue is dye, not paint, but the red, light blue, and the rest are paint.

The engines are actually parts of a pair of pens, and the wings on the arms are actually trimmed off the gun - which, as the pics show, still forms his nosecone. I tried to stay as true to the breif G1 cartoon appearance as I could, despite the dark blue my buddy wanted.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby GrimSqueaker » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:03 am

That is a bloody great idea, i think ill give that a go myself.

It is so simple, yet it is prefect, that is Defcon-genius
"Dammit-You mean he's not dead???" Thats right! Im back and Im leading my Army of Misfits up from the ashes!!!!!!!

Ill also be taking requests again-so if u wanna join Grims army click here or here and sign up!!!!!!!
GrimSqueaker
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby Valandar » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:13 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
I got the idea from a post either on TFW2005 or on TFans (dun remember which) that suggested Classics Mirage as a G1 Scourge update. Since a buddy of mine and I had been debating what figure would make a good Devcon, and decided that a Ti Scourge with the wings removed in robot mode might be the best choice, my little brain pan went "PING!" :D
Valandar
Gestalt

Postby GrimSqueaker » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:28 am

Makes sense-good job, if i get around to it i might give it ago myself next week
"Dammit-You mean he's not dead???" Thats right! Im back and Im leading my Army of Misfits up from the ashes!!!!!!!

Ill also be taking requests again-so if u wanna join Grims army click here or here and sign up!!!!!!!
GrimSqueaker
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby Venomous Prime » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:13 pm

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Oh, I like that...

I love that!
Venomous Prime
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby --B-- » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:16 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Fantastic.

Great job. Wish that could get a regular release!
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Valandar » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:16 pm

Unfortunately not likely. It's too much work for a remold, not enough work for a new fig.

Maybe we'll see a Titanium Devcon someday, though... when pigs fly...
Valandar
Gestalt

Postby Ramrider » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:38 pm

That there is just brilliant. Nice idea, and beautifully executed.
Ramrider
Gestalt

Postby Valandar » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:29 pm

Thankys, but personally I don't care for the colors my buddy picked out.

I've started working on one for myself with a lighter blue where the dark blue is, and the thighs and upper arms while like in the 'toon. Pics will come when it's ready.
Valandar
Gestalt

Postby Saya » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:25 am

I'd really like to see this, but the pictures won't work for some reason :-(
Saya

Postby Skullgrin140 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:34 am

Wow! That works really well :D
Skullgrin140
Brainmaster

Postby Dragonslayer » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:28 pm

Motto: "Howdy, dammit!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Flippin' sweet! 8)
Wingz wrote:His servos bring all Naval Strikes 'Cons to the yard
Dragonslayer
Gestalt
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Classified
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Saya » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:14 pm

Argh why can everyone but me see the pictures??
Saya

Postby Valandar » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:53 pm

I unno?

I'll try 'attaching' them to this post and a couple to follow, then, and see what happens...
Attachments
devcon102.jpg
devcon102.jpg (113.3 KiB) Viewed 4266 times
devcon101.jpg
devcon101.jpg (127.32 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
Valandar
Gestalt

Postby Valandar » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:56 pm

And vehicle mode:
Attachments
devcon105.jpg
devcon105.jpg (103.76 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
devcon104.jpg
devcon104.jpg (103.71 KiB) Viewed 4254 times
devcon106.jpg
devcon106.jpg (123.32 KiB) Viewed 4250 times
Valandar
Gestalt

Postby Saya » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 am

Thanks Valandar! That looks really good. I had a similar idea but never got around to making it. Though I was going to make the wings longer, and curve forwards, probably using Cyb Sideway's wings.
Saya

Postby Valandar » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:05 am

Finally started work on my OWN version.The paint's still drying on the detail work, and I have a few more details to add, but here's a glimpse of the robot mode, standing next to an untouched Mirage:
Attachments
devcon201.jpg
devcon201.jpg (218.09 KiB) Viewed 3463 times
Valandar
Gestalt

Postby Valandar » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:11 pm

Okay, I think he's done. I should note that the blue on the "new" parts looks EXACT in person, it looks different in these photos because the 'new' paint seems to like the flash better.

Valandar
Gestalt

Postby Kalon » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:25 pm

I like that a lot. Nicely done. I don't recall the character thou, where is he from?
Artwork by the talented Shinju-Chan
Facts are facts
Kalon
Banned

Postby Venomous Prime » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:30 pm

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
I like your version a lot better :lol:
Venomous Prime
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Valandar » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:30 pm

He's from the G1, Season 2 episode, "The Gambler", actually.
Valandar
Gestalt

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON