This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Human Alliance Bumblebee Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Human Alliance Bumblebee Discussion Thread

Postby Mykltron » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:01 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
It makes a change for a Brit to be able to start a discussion on something cos normally it gets released in the US first but it doesn't seem to have happened that way this time!

I got HA BB this afternoon and haven't had as much time to play with him as i want cos I think he's one of the greatest figures ever.

Very quick review:
Car mode: B E A Utiful
transformation: complex without being insane. Arms are a bit fiddly.
Bot mode: very accurate, better than ANY version released before. Nice detailing. For those of you who love repainting figures, this one won't need much - the paints apps are really good.
Articulation: sweet. Better than any alternator by far. The hand! OMG the hand can do so much. I shall attempt this one day! Double knee, rotating thighs, upper arms AND WAIST! :shock: :D Can also shrug his shoulders. Joints are stiff enough without being a pain. Even Sam is well articulated, better even than some delux and voyager figures!

Gripes:
People have complained that the seats don't fold but that's cos they represent the big arm things he has.
It's a shame he only has one hand but as the cannon folds away in car mode a right hand could be made and slotted in where the missile goes. In fact, right now, he has a four-fingered hand in his hole. The one on his wrist, that is!
Knee spikes don't fix in place in any way.

Ok, these are my thoughts. How about the rest of you ?
Last edited by Mykltron on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Re: HA Bumblebee Discussion Thread

Postby Agent 007 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:48 pm

dunno if you're gonna get too many responces cause not too many people have him yet. I'm gonna pass on him cause I already have 3 versions of the deluxe which are more accurate anyway and I have a 1/18th yellown and black camaro model. The only one's I may consider getting are sideswipe, and Barricade.
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Autoclot » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:49 pm

I'll echo everything Mykltron said about this guy - of the three CC BBs I have (2007 deluxe, Ultimate and HA), HA is definately the one to have.

It's basically a slightly oversized Alternator, with mini-Sam and a reasonably large arsenal, too :D

I just hope that the other HA figures live up to the expectations HA BB has set.
Autoclot
Fuzor

Postby Mykltron » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

I'd also like to add that the extra weapons, though they can't be moved much, do make him look a little more mean.

He is such a wonderfully intricate mold. Although the deluxes have details HABB doesn't have, he is overall much more detailed and accurate. A splash of paint here and there to bring out the details and he'll look awesome. I mean more awesome. Or more awesomer.

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Weapon: Sword
Will the HA figures be terribly out of place next to leader Prime?
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Probably won't get him.
I like my figures close in size relation.
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby Kibble » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:11 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Will the HA figures be terribly out of place next to leader Prime?

They're supposedly quite comparable in size to Alternators. So in bot mode they would probably look fine, but in alt mode the car would probably be a little on the large side, but I would guess the deluxes are a bit on the small side if you're going for perfect scale.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Mykltron » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:20 am

Kibble wrote:
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Will the HA figures be terribly out of place next to leader Prime?

They're supposedly quite comparable in size to Alternators. So in bot mode they would probably look fine, but in alt mode the car would probably be a little on the large side, but I would guess the deluxes are a bit on the small side if you're going for perfect scale.

I believe the delux BB and Leader OP are about to scale in every mode. If you watch the scene in movie07 where Prime gets the coordinates from the glasses you can see that Jazz (who is about the same height as BB) is about half as tall as OP. That makes HABB way to tall to be in scale. I like my figures to be in scale but HABB is so great I don't care. Although a Barricade of same scale would make me very happy. I'm working on a right hand for HABB right now. MAde of latex with wire inside for poseability.

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Kibble » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:58 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
The scale would probably be off, but I think they would look fine next to each other in bot mode. HABB comes up to about Leader Prime's chest? As for the deluxes, I don't know about bot modes because there doesn't seem to be a great pic that shows it, but looking at the alt modes last night the scale seemed off. Maybe I'm just underestimating the size of the actual Prime semi, but when my car is next to a normal semi cab it doesn't seem as though the tires are nearly as tall as my car and twice as long as a whole. But maybe I'm wrong...
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:52 am

I just preordered mine.

Obviously the scale is a problem with this figure, as it really isn't to scale with anything else (except the upcoming HA figures, I suppose). But I'm looking at this as a sort of "stand-alone" figure. It'll get its own spot in my home or office, rather than being on a shelf with other ROTF toys.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Autoclot » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Kibble wrote:
Lapse Of Reason wrote:They're supposedly quite comparable in size to Alternators. So in bot mode they would probably look fine, but in alt mode the car would probably be a little on the large side, but I would guess the deluxes are a bit on the small side if you're going for perfect scale.

HABB is actually slightly bigger than e.g. Alternators Silverstreak, so well out of scale with leader Prime. Looks awesome, though :)
Autoclot
Fuzor

Postby SentinelA » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 pm

I appreciate this thread cause this is a figure I may very well get. How does Sam look compared to other Alternaters?
SentinelA
Headmaster

Postby starfish » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Another great thing about the figure is the many ways you can attach Sam when BB is in robot mode.

He can sit on either arm (the car seats are attached to the arms) and on the left arm there's even a movable cannon for Sam mounted to the seat on that side.

There's also the swing-out mortar cannon on BB's shoulder (used when you plug Sam's feet into holes in BB's back), and the peg on BB's hand, so you can have Sam standing/sitting securely in the palm of BB's hand.

With a lot of alternators, I often had a hard job lining up all the panels when transforming back into vehicle mode. That's not the case with BB - all the panels line up easily and beautifully when transforming back into a car.
starfish
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby El Duque » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I plan on getting the HA figures to display with my Alternators, will they look out of place?
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Agent 007 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:48 pm

El Duque wrote:I plan on getting the HA figures to display with my Alternators, will they look out of place?

no they seem to be 1/24th scale so they should fit in nicely.
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt

Postby El Duque » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Agent 007 wrote:
El Duque wrote:I plan on getting the HA figures to display with my Alternators, will they look out of place?

Sweet, that gives me a good excuse to buy them. :D
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Mykltron » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:15 am

El Duque wrote:
Agent 007 wrote:

Sweet, that gives me a good excuse to buy them. :D

Yeah, he looks fine with them in car mode. In bot mode he's at least a head taller than the ALt/Bins. Not that it matters much!

Haven't put much though into it as I don't own delux Scorp but they might be in scale.

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Re: HA Discussion Thread

Postby Mykltron » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:54 am

I've removed Bumblebee from the title, cos as Skywarp_2 says, Skids will be out soon.

I'd also like to add that, after two weeks of constant fiddling and playing with HABB, I'm STILL finding new poses for him. I've discovered new poses that I've never thought of doing before, so for all those who like posing their TFs in exciting ways, this is a 'must have'. He has knocked THS-02 off my fav/top spot and beats every other Transformer in my collection for poseability. Unfortunately I don't think the others in the line can come close to the awesomness of this guy.

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Re: Human Alliance Discussion Thread

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:25 am

I expect my HA BB to arrive today or tomorrow (Mixmaster came yesterday, and he was shipped the day before HABB shipped), and I'll post my impressions here as soon as I get a chance.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby robotrik » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:07 am

Do you think they'll ever make a HA figure for Jazz ? he sure does deserve to get one since his deluxe was... meh, not really movie accurate.
and also how cool would it be if they made one for barricade too ?
robotrik
Fuzor

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:48 am

robotrik wrote:Do you think they'll ever make a HA figure for Jazz ? he sure does deserve to get one since his deluxe was... meh, not really movie accurate.

I could see a HA Barricade with a "holographic cop" driver, maybe made with clear plastic. Who would drive Jazz, though?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby karellan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 pm

I thought there was a news story from botcon that said there was a Human Alliance Barricade coming, except his "human" was a larger, more movie-accurate Frenzy.
karellan
Micromaster

Postby Mykltron » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:12 pm

GuyIncognito wrote:
robotrik wrote:Do you think they'll ever make a HA figure for Jazz ? he sure does deserve to get one since his deluxe was... meh, not really movie accurate.

I could see a HA Barricade with a "holographic cop" driver, maybe made with clear plastic. Who would drive Jazz, though?

Why would they make a HA for a character that died in the previous film?

karellan wrote:I thought there was a news story from botcon that said there was a Human Alliance Barricade coming, except his "human" was a larger, more movie-accurate Frenzy.

I don't know where the rumour is from but bit's listed here on TFwiki. I'm REALLY hoping they do it!

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby syphonn » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:19 pm

I kinda like the HA BB, might get this one ...
District 9, what Transformers could have been ...
syphonn
Vehicon
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby City Commander » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
Are we to actually get a HA Ironhide, or am I in cloud cuckoo land on that one? That'd be the only HA figure I want, improves robot mode scale and do IH some real justic.
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Y"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #51 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915M"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #282 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210449 282B Williams II"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #63 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Guara"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON