This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

(SPOILERS) How many Starscream repaints will be in TFA?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

(SPOILERS) How many Starscream repaints will be in TFA?

Postby Nekoman » Tue May 20, 2008 4:33 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
WARNING: This subject contains spoilers that relate TFA, if you don’t want to be spoiled, don’t highlight the following.

Highlight to read:

Well, like some I’ve read it and seen it. There will be all seven seekers in Animated, that includes Sunstorm. While I’m not the biggest fan of TFA, it’s still nice to have more seekers.

My question? How will Hasbro do this and will they?

Somehow I’m not seeing a VOYAGER getting six repaints in one line. A deluxe maybe, but not a voyager. On the other hand, they may just not release them at all, though that would be a bit of a shame since they are in the show…

They definitely wont release them all at one time, that’s a given . But how will they release them? Would a kid buy the same Voyager six times? Will we see all of the seekers, or maybe just three?

Your thoughts on this subject?
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: (SPOILERS) How many Starscream repaints will be in TFA?

Postby Tekka » Tue May 20, 2008 4:35 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
My best guess would be to have the repaints spread out over the duration of the life's line. With the later repaints being shortpacked.

Those who don't make into the line before it expires could turn up in future lines as repaints or as evil exclusives. :P
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 2

Postby El Duque » Tue May 20, 2008 4:37 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I'm thinking two mass market repaints, two store exclusives, and two convention exclusvies.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Tekka » Tue May 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Lol, nice sig Nekoman.

"Thundercracker and Nunally?! Nooooooooooooooooo!"
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Nekoman » Tue May 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Tekka wrote:Lol, nice sig Nekoman.

"Thundercracker and Nunally?! Nooooooooooooooooo!"

Suzaku runs Takara Tomy, which is why I’ve sent Euphemia over to…

Back to topic, I doubt they’d release them as convention exclusives, but maybe one of them as an mail in exclusive?
Nekoman
Gestalt

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue May 20, 2008 4:57 pm

go for VS 2 packs.

Thats what I would do, and yeah, I'm not a fan of the way Animated looks, and I realy hate StarScreams head, but as long as the figure doesn't suck, I'd get these.

I hate repaints, but Seekers have always been my exception. To me it always made sence that they looked alike, same as any other military squad would...

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby El Duque » Tue May 20, 2008 4:59 pm

I wonder if the female might get her own mold?
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Editor » Tue May 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Just a thought, but if the mold allowed for a similar release in the deluxe size, than if they released the seekers that way it wouldn't be as bad price-wise.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Pyrostrata » Tue May 20, 2008 5:09 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
OptimusPrimeRib wrote:I wonder if the female might get her own mold?

Good question!

As not-pleased as I am about there even BEING a female Seeker, I also wonder if they will give her her own mold....
.....I will probably end up owning her anyways, to complete the TFA Seeker set.

To me, female Seekers are just...........

......13 yr old fangirlish.

Feel free to flame away in regards to my last statement! :grin:
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby El Duque » Tue May 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Pyrostrata wrote:
OptimusPrimeRib wrote:I wonder if the female might get her own mold?

Good question!

As not-pleased as I am about there even BEING a female Seeker, I also wonder if they will give her her own mold....
.....I will probably end up owning her anyways, to complete the TFA Seeker set.

To me, female Seekers are just...........

......13 yr old fangirlish.

Feel free to flame away in regards to my last statement! :grin:

She appears to be less bulky than the rest of them, which would only make sense. I think it would look a bit odd to just throw a female head on the body all the male seekers share, especially since most of the molds appear to be very toon acurate.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Tekka » Tue May 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Nekoman wrote:Suzaku runs Takara Tomy, which is why I’ve sent Euphemia over to…

Back to topic, I doubt they’d release them as convention exclusives, but maybe one of them as an mail in exclusive?
To me right?! You were me gonna say me! ME! Right? RIGHT?!

I wouldn't doubt convention exclusives just yet. I can totally see them doing an animated themed exclusive set that could include at least one Seeker.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue May 20, 2008 5:53 pm

I only saw 2 seconds of the clip, but does anyone else see the white one becoming SkyFire?

I don't know if thats been covered, but it would be a way to introduce him.

And yes, I like the smaller scale deluxe idea, but what I'd like more is a return of the $15 Mega Class.

In lue of that though, I think if they did like the UM/SW Classics pack with a voyager and a deluxe packaged together at a $20 price point, they could easily sell these is VS packs, blow out overstock instead of giving us years of repaints, and prompt me to get 2 of each since I'm a sucker for 2 packs :P

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Tekka » Tue May 20, 2008 5:56 pm

His colours are Ramjet's though, with the black chest plate, so I can't see him being Sky/Jetfire. But Ramjet without a conhead? Whatever novelties will they come up with next? :P Prime with a mouth?
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby El Duque » Tue May 20, 2008 5:58 pm

Tekka wrote:His colours are Ramjet's though, with the black chest plate, so I can't see him being Sky/Jetfire. But Ramjet without a conhead? Whatever novelties will they come up with next? :P Prime with a mouth?

Yeah what's up with no coneheads?
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue May 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Tekka wrote:His colours are Ramjet's though, with the black chest plate, so I can't see him being Sky/Jetfire. But Ramjet without a conhead? Whatever novelties will they come up with next? :P Prime with a mouth?

I don't know, thanks to the TRU Commemorative box art, Dirge will never be a conehead to me. As for Ramjet, I have the G1 toy(my only conehead open), and I still display him cone down.

The G1 seekers with the cone up just look stupid.

So unless they're fitted like the Classics where, I don't realy care.

Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Tekka » Tue May 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Since the cartoon was my Transformers bible I couldn't imagine not having my G1 Thrust and Dirge with their cones up. It wouldn't be right!
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue May 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Thrust is my only "must" for the conehead look.

Ramjet and Dirge, had limited screen time, pair that with the fact that I got the figures during a time when G1 was almost an obliterated memory, I sided with box art.

However now thanks to DVD, ye ol braincells have been refreshed.

So realy, I can go either way on the heads, but I will say this, they better get the wings right!

Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Nekoman » Tue May 20, 2008 9:00 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:

I don't know, thanks to the TRU Commemorative box art, Dirge will never be a conehead to me. As for Ramjet, I have the G1 toy(my only conehead open), and I still display him cone down.

The G1 seekers with the cone up just look stupid.

So unless they're fitted like the Classics where, I don't realy care.

What? You don’t like the dunce squad! :P
Nekoman
Gestalt

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue May 20, 2008 9:04 pm

Not realy, but yeah.

While the first 3 Seekers seemed brotherish, these guys came to fight, and more so terrorize and destroy.

The coneheads where great evil guys :twisted:

In the show, they looked bad ass, but the G1 toys...

Hell sometimes you just gotta spit on the palm and push that stray hair back.

Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #1 sub IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Sengaus"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915G"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210504 4A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010E"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1E GI JOE 1023IM263 (CA) Sorrentino"
DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #43 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220501 43A (CA) Simeone"
TRANSFORMERS #43 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 4B (CA) Burcham"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP210492 2RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #45 RE IDW Comics 2015 210411A (CA) Coller"
Transformers MORE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON