This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFAnimated WASPINATOR!! preview +3 new characters confirmed

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TFAnimated WASPINATOR!! preview +3 new characters confirmed

Postby Orion_Prime48 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:29 am

**SPOILERS AHEAD!!**

Found another preview to the upcoming episode 25 Autoboot Camp which
reveals the first pics of Animated WASPINATOR!!(the blueish green guy) and unfortunately the gray bot is Longarm and is NOT Shockwave

Class.jpg
Class.jpg (66.82 KiB) Viewed 2359 times

BBfriend1.jpg
BBfriend1.jpg (72.76 KiB) Viewed 2355 times

BBfriend2.jpg
BBfriend2.jpg (81.04 KiB) Viewed 2334 times

Shockwave1.jpg
Shockwave1.jpg (64.24 KiB) Viewed 2318 times

Thanks to Magmatron over at TFW for the original post
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/pictures-and-summary-for-animated-episode-25-autoboot-camp-spoilers-164832/

and on another note OMEGA SUPREME has been confirmed as being the autobot "Ark" on earth in this post
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/two-rumored-new-animated-characters-confirmed-spoilers-164833/
My Sale Thread
Sledge wrote: :shock: I REALLY don't want to know what a "cumputer" is used for. A little one-handed web surfing, perhaps?
Orion_Prime48
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Re: TFAnimated WASPINATOR!! preview +3 new characters confirmed

Postby Omega Charge » Wed May 07, 2008 11:36 am

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Wait...

TRAITOR = WASPINATOR???
This guy

SHOCKWAVE = LONGARM
This guy

First guy is Bumblebee's brother-guy, not sure if his name is Waspinator.

Second guy is the Double agent. I think his Autobot name is Longarm and Decepticon name is SHOCKWAVE.

AWESOME!!!
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby An_de » Wed May 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Longarm's design is similar to Cybertronian mode Bumblebee, don't you think?

My Sites...
I'm DeviantArt!
See my clips @ YouTube!

Bumblebee: "Permission to speak, sir."
Optimus Prime: "Permission granted, old friend!"
Bumblebee: "I wish to stay with the Bay."
An_de
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Orion_Prime48 » Wed May 07, 2008 1:19 pm

Longarm=Shockwave=Decepticon double Agent

Blue guy=Waspinator
My Sale Thread
Sledge wrote: :shock: I REALLY don't want to know what a "cumputer" is used for. A little one-handed web surfing, perhaps?
Orion_Prime48
Headmaster Jr

Postby ponycorn » Wed May 07, 2008 2:25 pm

I wonder what Waspinator's alt mode will be.

This is my first Waspinator, as I never got in to Beastwars. I know he was a really popular character in BW, I'm looking forward to him.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Nekoman » Wed May 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Ah, so Waspinator’s a BB repaint, might make a good toy. As for the other thing, its okay. Kind of dumb looking.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby DCybertron » Wed May 07, 2008 5:59 pm

Motto: "Insert your ad here"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Nekoman wrote:Ah, so Waspinator’s a BB repaint, might make a good toy. As for the other thing, its okay. Kind of dumb looking.

um... ok?
I'm back. With a Team fortress 2 addiction.
DCybertron
Vehicon
Firepower: N/A

Postby Nekoman » Wed May 07, 2008 6:05 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
DCybertron wrote:
Nekoman wrote:Ah, so Waspinator’s a BB repaint, might make a good toy. As for the other thing, its okay. Kind of dumb looking.

um... ok?

What’s that for?

BTW your signature is too big, may want to fix that.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Orion_Prime48 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:24 pm

I dont think they would repaint BB into Waspinator but if you read the preview for the episode CliffJumper does show up and the only difference was longer horns on his head
My Sale Thread
Orion_Prime48
Headmaster Jr

Postby Saber Prime » Wed May 07, 2008 6:50 pm

Waspinator is a Bumblebee repaint... TFA stole another one of my ideas. This was before I became a member here I did a bunch of repaints of G1 molds as BW Characters and vice versa. G1 Bumblebee as Waspinator was one of the repaints I did.

Longarm IS Shockwave. There's a dead give away in the head if you look there's one red eye in the center of the forehead and the section around it is shaped more like Shockwave's useual head.

My guess is the disguse comes off like a pretender shell or he has 2 robot modes simular to Punch/CounterPunch. Either way that won't be what he actully looks like as Shockwave.

At first glance I actully didn't notice it and thought "That better not be Shockwave, that looks nothing like him." But while I was staring at the picture and thinking that I finally noticed the red eye.
Saber Prime
Godmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed May 07, 2008 6:53 pm

I have to say, I hate the things I just saw, I hope they go away.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Saber Prime » Thu May 08, 2008 4:01 am

You know from looking at the pictures I think I preddy much guessed the entire plot of that episode.

They're looking for a spy/double agent, that much is clear from the episode summery. We don't know who the spy is though.

We got a guy named Longarm with a suspicious "Shockwave" looking eye and Waspinator both are known bad guys to the fans. Pluse Waspinator looks kinda menicing with his face plate on all the time.

So my guess is because we know Shockwave is a Decepticon in this series and not much is known about Waspinator at this time...

Waspinator ends up getting the blame for all the evil stuff Shockwave does. Waspinator will get arrested in the flash backs allowing Shockwave to keep his cover and Shockwave was the double agent Megatron mentioned in "Mission Accomplished"

Really looks like Waspinator will really be an Autobot in this series but just gets the blame for the real Decepticon. It's allso verry possible given the simular molds and names that Waspinator is Bumblebee's brother.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby Archanubis » Thu May 08, 2008 8:39 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Looks like we'll see Ironhide again. And this confirms what we all suspected regarding Bulkhead's comment of "I don't think (Sentinel) remembers us" in "The Elite Guard."

So there is a Waspinator character - or at least one that look like him. Seems interesting that (from the comments) he's BB's brother. Whether or not he's the "double agent" or just simply a repeat of Blackarachnia, I'll have to wait and see.

I can see where the possibility of Longarm being Shockwave comes from - though that section of his head looks a little more like Lugnut's upper jaw and optic.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby ponycorn » Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Saber Prime wrote:Longarm IS Shockwave. There's a dead give away in the head if you look there's one red eye in the center of the forehead and the section around it is shaped more like Shockwave's useual head.

My guess is the disguse comes off like a pretender shell or he has 2 robot modes simular to Punch/CounterPunch. Either way that won't be what he actully looks like as Shockwave.

At first glance I actully didn't notice it and thought "That better not be Shockwave, that looks nothing like him." But while I was staring at the picture and thinking that I finally noticed the red eye.

I sure hope you are right. I'm not so much on the Longarm design. :-(
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Saber Prime » Thu May 08, 2008 1:29 pm

Thunderscream wrote:I can see where the possibility of Longarm being Shockwave comes from - though that section of his head looks a little more like Lugnut's upper jaw and optic.

This is Lugnut

He actully has 5 optics (1 big one and 2 litte ones on each side of that.) and his upper jaw is shaped NOTHING like that. It's kind of shaped like an "M" where as Shockwave and Longarm's little section around that red optic is a 6 sided shape. Allthough the original Shockwave actully had a blinking YELLOW eye.

Here's the same image photoshoped to highlight Shockwave's face. The fake Autobot eyes are obtruding over the lower part of the face.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby WarzoneBeta » Sat May 10, 2008 5:09 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right....ah who the slag am I kidding, WHO WANTS TO BLOW **** UP!!!""
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
....Anyone else notic the freaky not well hidden red eye on Longarm's forehead and the nice blank look on his face...oh and anyone see Silence Of The Lambs or Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers(hint.hint.hint)
“Alas, poor Ulrich…I didn’t know him so who cares”-me

Due to his rather unique birth, Grimlock has a slow but endearing speech pattern, which can easily make you forget he's Godzilla with style. And weapons.
WarzoneBeta
Fuzor
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Saber Prime » Sat May 10, 2008 5:45 pm

WarzoneBeta wrote:....Anyone else notic the freaky not well hidden red eye on Longarm's forehead and the nice blank look on his face...oh and anyone see Silence Of The Lambs or Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers(hint.hint.hint)

1. Have you even read this topic before you posted? There's only 1 page and all it talks about is that red eye.

2. What does invasion of the bady snatchers have to do with anything? :???:
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby HoosierDaddy » Sat May 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Why would they make Waspinator a car? That wouldn't make sense. If you make a car to be BB's brother, fine, but don't call him Waspinator. JMO.
HoosierDaddy
Combiner

Postby Omega Charge » Sat May 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
It's a theory that the traitor's name is just "Wasp". That would fit extremely well with his "brother" Bumblebee, right? Wasp and Bumblebee?

And it's always possible he gets some kind of insect form later on...
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Saber Prime » Sun May 11, 2008 12:11 am

HoosierDaddy wrote:Why would they make Waspinator a car? That wouldn't make sense. If you make a car to be BB's brother, fine, but don't call him Waspinator. JMO.

It makes just as much sence as Bumblebee and Hound. Bumblebee is not a bee, and has never been a bee. Hound is not a dog and has never been a dog. Waspinator can be called Waspinator and not be a wasp if we're going on these same lines.
Saber Prime
Godmaster

Postby Scatterlung » Sun May 11, 2008 9:47 am

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
Saber Prime wrote:
HoosierDaddy wrote:Why would they make Waspinator a car? That wouldn't make sense. If you make a car to be BB's brother, fine, but don't call him Waspinator. JMO.

It makes just as much sence as Bumblebee and Hound. Bumblebee is not a bee, and has never been a bee. Hound is not a dog and has never been a dog. Waspinator can be called Waspinator and not be a wasp if we're going on these same lines.

While I completely agree, you have to consider something.

'Bumblebee' and 'Hound' are not in any way 'robotised' to fit with the alien robot theme, where 'WaspINATOR' is. All the Beast Wars names did it so that the Cheetah wouldn't just be called Cheetah. They put a robotic spin on it to avoid names being boring.

The reason you have simple 'Bumblebee' and 'Hound' names are cos considering the characters' lack of resemblence to their namesake (in as much as they ARENT a bee or dog), the name is considered creative and imaginative. Personally I think his name being Wasp is fine since he clearly isn't one. 'Waspinator' is a name that tries to avoid dullness which isn't there.

... I hope that made sense.
Scatterlung
Godmaster
Strength: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5

Postby Dead Metal » Sun May 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"

Well at least he has his old head.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby WarzoneBeta » Sun May 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right....ah who the slag am I kidding, WHO WANTS TO BLOW **** UP!!!""
sorry about the repition just thought I'd back up the guy who pointed it out...in smaller terms anyway(translation: I read it but skipped some parts including that part :-x )

as for #2 a short walkthrough
1. find a dead autobot
2. hollow it out and modify it
3. make it so it fits you
4. enjoy :D

Due to his rather unique birth, Grimlock has a slow but endearing speech pattern, which can easily make you forget he's Godzilla with style. And weapons.
WarzoneBeta
Fuzor

Postby Delicon » Sun May 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
WarzoneBeta wrote:sorry about the repition just thought I'd back up the guy who pointed it out...in smaller terms anyway(translation: I read it but skipped some parts including that part :-x )

as for #2 a short walkthrough
1. find a dead autobot
2. hollow it out and modify it
3. make it so it fits you
4. enjoy :D

Huh?
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby WarzoneBeta » Mon May 12, 2008 9:08 am

*sigh* He, Shockwave, is wearing a dead Autobots armor over his own.

WarzoneBeta
Fuzor

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230651 (CA) Young"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #10 Spider-Man Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220997 (CA) Segovia (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #10 Sp ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #11 var anniversary Marvel Comics NOV220963 (CA) Campbell 230410A"
GHOST RIDER #11 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #13 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230860 (CA) Land (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #13 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DANNY KETCH GHOST RIDER #1 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230712 (CA) Saltares"
DANNY KETCH GHOST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #12 var Women of Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230839 (CA) Casagrande"
SHE-HULK #12 var W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #10 Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221092 (CA) Barends (W) Percy (A) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #10 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #10 Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220995 (CA) Smith (W) MacKay (A) Cappuccio"
MOON KNIGHT #10 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #14 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230842 (CA) Chew (W) Rowell 230711A"
SHE-HULK #14 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Punisher War Journal BROTHER #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220885 (CA) Simmonds"
Punisher War Journ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 var Skrull Marvel Comics 2022 MAY220880 (CA) Woods"
DAREDEVIL #2 var S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230848 (CA) Segovia (W)MacKay (A)Sabbatini"
MOON KNIGHT #28 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #1 Vol 10 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210900 (CA) Su (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #1 Vol ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #1 2nd ptg 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 MAY210541 210914B (CA) Romita Jr"
MOON KNIGHT #1 2nd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON