This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Movie Megatron : another repaint

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Movie Megatron : another repaint

Postby flix » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:26 pm

This toy has been repainted so often that it isn't funny anymore. the original coloring sucks to infinity and beyond!
I wasn't going to get him but when i found this one together with Blackout on ebay for a very reasonable price I couldn't resist.

I've seen a lot of variations of repaints of this one...this is my attempt.
everyone knows the horror you have to start with/

I've seen a lot of fine repaints that are Black-gold-silver. I wanted to stay clear of the hard gold combined with pure black because I just felt that might become too loud for my taste. I went for a more silver-brown-ish look with a lot of color nuances just make the colors blend together more so he gets this natural weathered look without giving the impression that he's dirty.

new color palette includes
hammerfinish (base color for the body)
silverbrown, silver, gold, dark rey
a small amount of black (just for detailing)

nuff talk, more pics

repainting megatron was a lot of fun but the high amount of detail, made it a more long term project.

Up next: Blackout (almost done)

ps Ive created holes here so the paint does not scrape off while transforming him
-----------------next Repaints--------------------
ROTF Sideways

"If you're going to panic, do it constructively"

flix
Micromaster
News Credits: 4

Re: Movie Megatron : another repaint

Postby bellyboy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:37 am

:APPLAUSE:
bellyboy
Micromaster

Postby Mykltron » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Your Megatron is almost as good as mine! :P

I had to do that cutting mod as well.

I'm looking forward to your Blackout! He's on my list too.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Grimpoo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Nice work. If that mold came that way id buy the **** out of it :)
Grimpoo

Postby flix » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:40 am

Mykltron wrote:Your Megatron is almost as good as mine! :P

It was actually your megatron that conviced me to do this one, so you could be right here.
ROTF Sideways

flix
Micromaster

Postby Mykltron » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:44 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

How flattering! Unless you were thinking "that's rubbish, I can do better..."

Maybe when you post pics of your Blackout it'll encourage me to do mine!

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby flix » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:29 am

Mykltron wrote:How flattering! Unless you were thinking "that's rubbish, I can do better..."

nope, I just liked that color scheme you used,...
I don't really think we are in competition on this forum anyway, we're just trying to improve these toys.

Mykltron wrote:Maybe when you post pics of your Blackout it'll encourage me to do mine!

posted them already ,
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=50121
ROTF Sideways

flix
Micromaster

Postby Mykltron » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:00 am

Oh yeah, I saw that one! I was scared off by the mods you made. I wish I could do stuff like that!

And no, of course it's not a contest. We're here to inspire and help each other.

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Valandar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:02 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Wow... I MUCH prefer the slightly duller, less "SHINY!" metal look - it looks more like actual large sections of brushed steel, unlike most metal flake paints!
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby LiKwid » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:49 am

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Mykltron wrote:Oh yeah, I saw that one! I was scared off by the mods you made. I wish I could do stuff like that!

And no, of course it's not a contest. We're here to inspire and help each other.

Inspired you have. After reading this thread and scoping the pics and checking a few websites ( namely Chih's workshop) I decded to break down my 07 Leader megs and give him a overhaul. I just had knee surgery so I have around 6 months of spare time so, I figured this was a good thing to work on.. Now I have seen most of the repaint's , people keep the figure in one peice.. I decided that since I like to see how things work I took megs apart Almost 100% I have to say he's pretty simple actually :p I just hope he turns out nearly half as good as some of the custom ones I have seen :)
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby LiKwid » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:14 am

Well painting megatron was alot easier and waaaay more fun that i thought. He's my first ever repaint and I plan on doing alot more. I see most people go for solid colors and not alot of wethering. The shiney look is nice, especially on the sports cars but The wethered look seems to go alot better with the movie figs. I'm trying to decide what to do next, I'm contemplating getting some Universe acid storms and making a seeker squad with some custom made heads.

LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay

Postby flix » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:43 am

LiKwid wrote: The shiney look is nice, especially on the sports cars but The wethered look seems to go alot better with the movie figs. I'm trying to decide what to do next,

good job so far but be carefull with weathering, it usually decreases the size of your figure. Megatron is a large robot giving him heavy weathering makes him look a lot smaller . imagine what a scratch would look like on him... probably very tiny.
the movie line is indeed cool to use weathering because it gives a good result and is quick and easy to do. I'm usualy not using it too much just because it quickly decreases the scale of a charcter. when I apply it, I use a large brush that has almost no paint on it.
a large brush makes it impossible to go too much into detail and makes the scratches look more random. also paint in different logical directions.

washes give very realistic weathering, but are hard to apply and take a lot of time because you need to apply coating inbetween washes otherwise the paint will come off when you apply the wash. (my god this sentence is way too long :roll: )

what I would do next on this repaint is add different grades of (the same) color to some parts of Megatron so everything feels more disconnected, when you use only one color it feels like it all is glued together.

keep going! :D
ROTF Sideways

flix
Micromaster

Postby LiKwid » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:44 am

Thanks for the advice :0.. I'm looking into doing some washing, amongest other things with this guy.. I'm working on the Right arm mod that allows the sickle to be detached and reattached with ease then doing a glowing red LED light in his noggin( much like the Jin saotome custom)

I just got my Acid storms in the mail, 5 all together ( got a good deal from BBTS) .. I'm gonna do a little seeker squad :P

LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay

Postby Omega Taco Supreme » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Awesome!
Omega Taco Supreme
Mini-Con

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + Mini-con INCINERATOR Transformers Armada Super-Con complete 2002 190530a"
BLURR + Mini-con I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ARMADA #1 Dreamwave Comics DW 2002 (W) Sarracini (A/CA) Raiz"
Transformers ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCRACKER Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2006 230719A"
THUNDERCRACKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MUDFLAP Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete w/ Cyber Key v6t7 2005 231101A"
MUDFLAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RUINATION Transformers RID Robots Disguise complete set Hasbro 2001 231208Q"
RUINATION Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Cybertron SPEED PLANET MAP catalog poster 2005"
Transformers Cyber ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OLDER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 game cartridge"
GAME OLDER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BACKSTOP Transformers Cybertron Scout complete Hasbro 2005 220813A"
BACKSTOP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427B"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON