This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

WIP - Cybertron Classics Sideswipe?

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

WIP - Cybertron Classics Sideswipe?

Postby Shadowstream » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:39 am

Weapon: No Weapon
This idea was originally spurned by the use of Legends of Cybertron Hot Shot mold as universe/classics Red Alert. Since the original Red Alert shared his mold with Sideswipe I figured I could use that as my excuse to give the bot bros different bods. I've more or less come to regret that decision now :-(
Head height comparison still makes Swipe the little bro, but he's still got more bulk than Sunstreaker
I think the thing that really got me into the idea was the head mold, it just looked a lot better than the somewhat chubby faced official one
I know there's a bit of contrast in the reds used to paint/mold him, but I'm willing to overlook that
This is where the difference between big brother and little brother really lies
Keep in mind this is a work in progress, I still need to paint all the orange bits silver. I dunno when I'll get around to finishing it though, I used to do all my paint work outside, but this time of year is just no good for that. Once I do finish though I'm gonna accentuate it by repainting the other one of these ones I have as Red so that once I get Inferno he'll have a good buddy by his side. :grin:
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Re: WIP - Cybertron Classics Sideswipe?

Postby Grimpoo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:12 am

oh thats nice. I was gonna pick up the same mold and paint it similar.
Grimpoo

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:05 pm

Looks more like War Within than Classics. I always wished Hasbro has continued the Titanium line only for the sake of more WWI molds like Shockwave. Looks nice though.
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Valandar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Very nice job, but it just doesn't make me think "Sideswipe". It still makes me think "Hot Rod".
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Shadowstream » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:09 pm

Valandar wrote:Very nice job, but it just doesn't make me think "Sideswipe". It still makes me think "Hot Rod".

Maybe cuz there's two Roddies transforming in the BG.
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby Valandar » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:54 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Shadowstream wrote:
Valandar wrote:Very nice job, but it just doesn't make me think "Sideswipe". It still makes me think "Hot Rod".

Heheh, possibly that AND the fact that the color schemes are so similar, especially with the Excellion repaint.

I think the BIG thing is that it doesn't have a "hood chest". That's always been an identifying factor for me, one major reason I did not get Alt Swipe.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Shadowstream » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 am

Valandar wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:

Heheh, possibly that AND the fact that the color schemes are so similar, especially with the Excellion repaint.

I think the BIG thing is that it doesn't have a "hood chest". That's always been an identifying factor for me, one major reason I did not get Alt Swipe.

That's something that initially put me off as well, but I figured as long as I could paint the chest section to look like the hood. To be honest though I never saw any real similarities between Hot Rod and Sideswipe myself, or Excellion for that matter.

I think once I replace all the orange with silver he'll look a lot more like Sideswipe.

Burn wrote:

Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby Shadowstream » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Minor Update

Burn wrote:

Shadowstream
Headmaster

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #4 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 MAR240168 4E (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZB 1:200 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1ZB Parrillo 240109"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240189 3B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr M (Signed by Moss) Dynamite Comics DEC230216 1M (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZF FOC 1:10 B&W Dynamite Comics DEC237142 1ZF (CA) Mattina"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr N 1:15 black light Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240118 2N Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240110 2F (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr M 1:15 line art Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240200 3M (CA)Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #4 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 MAR240165 4B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr P Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230219 1P (W) Shalvey (A/CA) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZF FOC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN247376 2ZF (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics OCT231205 4A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON