This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Arcee WIP

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Arcee WIP

Postby ServO » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Team,

I started this Arcee custom, and by looking at the pics you will see that she is in pretty rough shape at this point...so all the nasty flaws in the paint and stuff...well I know they're there and I'm going to fix all that, but my real troubles are coming from her head...I tossed a RH head up there cause it was readily avalible, and it helps my creative inspiration...so I realize that the RH head is rediculously small...my question is - is there an Arcee head out there that would fit this mold?

Thanks for any help!
ServO
Minibot

Re: Arcee WIP

Postby Grimpoo » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 pm

first off....that looks awesome. Secondly the only Arcee i know of is the energon or the movie arcee. But i think the energon will be more to scale

Energon Arcee
Grimpoo

Postby ServO » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:47 pm

First! Thanks! It's really nothing more than the 2 primary colors at this point...I can't wait to get started on cleaning it up and doing the details.
Second, I also thought that Energon Arcee would be right, so I grabbed a cheap on on Ebay...it came today and would you believe that Energon Arcee's head is actually SMALLER than the Robot Heroes fig!?!?!? I was amazed. So who knows...I might be S.O.L. on this project...I just coulda swore there was an Arcee head that was closer to deluxe scale.

As soon as the pics of this figure surfaced I knew it had to be made into her.
Hopefully someone else will do this custom too and improve on it!
ServO
Minibot

Postby Trikeboy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:07 am

Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby ServO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:38 am

As soon as I saw the pic of the Palisades Arcee, I started to think I recognized her head from somewhere else...It almost looks like a somewhat normal human female face wearing an X-Wing pilot's helmet.
Might have to look into that a bit.

It's a good idea tho!
ServO
Minibot

Postby Solrac333 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:37 pm

That is awesome! I knew there was a reason to buy that hideous Blurr. Look great as Arcee.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Stormrider » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:15 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Nice work.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Baneblade » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Motto: "Scream....it only make it more fun"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
is there any more work to be done on this custom? would sure love to see it with the final head sculpt
Baneblade
Targetmaster
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby ServO » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Yeah...sorry about that...I've been neglecting my custom figs for the past couple of weeks as I have been building a couple of 1/48 WW2 fighters for my father in law...basically at the moment I have an extra Sunstreaker head all cut down and rounded to match the general shape of the head, but I am still looking for that perfect part to duplicate those big round circles on the sides of Arcee's head...I still say that her had looks like an X-Wing pilot's helmet, but as soon as I figure out how I'm going to finish off the shape, I'll paint it up and post some pics...hell...I only have to install a couple of antenneas and clearcoat a fighter tonight, so I'll take another look around the house and see if I can scavenge something appropriate.
Thanks for looking though!
ServO
Minibot

Postby Baneblade » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:16 pm

neglecting your customs? tisk tisk bad ServO, bad! bad!

im tryin to think what could be idea.. (i have a box of scrap in my room and i rummage through it to see if there is something that an come up with an idea or an option)

the only way to possibly do it it to build one from greenstuff or layer three different sizes of sheet styrene to get a pyramid effect and smooth it off with greenstuff (the blue yellow stuff) or use almost paper thin sheet styrene to wrap round it to seal it off...

mind you if you use the greenstuff, you can sculpt/cut in ridges or vents or other quirky bits here and there
Baneblade
Targetmaster

Postby ServO » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:08 pm

LOL I know I know....besides Arcee I have 3 other customs I need to get moving on, and like 5 other model kits...sometime I get burned out on a project and have to put it aside for a week or so and then come back to it newly inspired.

I mean...it isn't THAT terrible that I stepped aside from Arcee build something as beautiful as this is it???

ANYWAYS...I was messin around with her head last night and I kind of roughed in something that I think will work...

There's obviously alot of work to do here, but I think that I like the size of the...well buns, and I choose to believe that once I get it filled in properly, sanded and painted it will look appropriate...

What do you think?
ServO
Minibot

Postby Baneblade » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:40 pm

yup its starting to get there... you just need to femminize the face a bit more... you know i just thought, the only other tf thats female is that boat shell former from cybertron (she was chromia in galaxyforce)

so if this scratchbuild dont work you could alter that one to see if it works...

anywhoo.. its starting to get there, just umm make sure you dont make her look so butch in the end lol
Baneblade
Targetmaster

Postby Grimpoo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:15 pm

YO ServO it's looking awesome. And getting burnt out on a project...I'm there now :lol:
Grimpoo

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:43 am

:shock: :arrow: :idea: Hmmmm, might get a Blurr now to begin making a Cherrybomb custom. :mrgreen:
Emperor Primacron the 1st
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:46 am

How easy was it to take Blurr apart and paint? And what paints do you use? :?:
Emperor Primacron the 1st
Transmetal Warrior

Postby ServO » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Blurr was fairly easy to disassemble...just take your time and dont lose any screws!!! LOL
I really hunted for the perfect pink, and ended up using a Tamiya spray (TS-25) for the bulk work, and then I bought an acrylic Tamiya pink (x-17) for the details...the white is just a flat white...

I already have Thunderblast earmarked for a Scourge re-paint/bash, but I still think the head might be too small...

I think that if I round off the chin a bit more, and make that jaw line a bit less square, it will go a long way towards making it look less butch...the last thing I need is for someone to look at my Arcee and say "Now there's a fancy lookin fella right there!".

Another thing that might help with this is shortening the "neck" a bit...basically the head is ball jointed to a post that sticks up out of the torso...I'm thinking that I can cut this post in half, remove a cm. or so of the legnth and then re-attach it so she doesn't end up with a chicken neck.
I have the weekend off, so I will be plugging away at this during the next couple of days.
ServO
Minibot

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
NEW!
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON