This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Polaris

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Polaris

Postby TM2 Dinobot » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Polaris, in some form or another, has been sitting on my work bench for years. For YEARS. Like, we're pushing longest time ever. I think she even beat GIJ/TF Meganok, and with him I was just being lazy. I could not figure out Polaris. She was just impossible. I mean, how do you take this:

And turn it into this?

You can't! Will sexified it so much, and made a terrible mold good, that it just melts your heart and confuses your brain. And for a costomizer? ooooohohoho. Let's take a look at my 4 attempts, shall we?

Attempt #1: Pre-attempt, I just repurposed a Universe Treadshot. That didn't last very long. So I came up with a way to customize it. Polaris needed her hood on her upper arms. This version was kinda cool because the hood could still flip down for battle mode. Added some Eneron Strongarm arms, but the legs were never right.

Attempt #2: I actually didn't get any pics of this one. I repainted an Animated Arcee and added Treadshot's head. It actually worked, but not as "classic" Polaris. I sent to it Beamer as a present, maybe he can post pics if he ever took any.

Attempt #3: Still gnawing away at the Arcee/Treadshot bone. This was... abysmal. It just... It doesn't work! You see the issues here. I tried to use the Arcee torso and calves, but the hips aren't wide enough. I wanted the legs to slide in like a Seeker, but the sliding mechanism just wouldn't couldn't pull it off. The shoulders were giving me fits as well, and unlike attempt #1 that had kinda this cool flip down thing going, this one wasn't having any of that. It just... this thing is a mess.

So Will and I are talking one night, just shooting the breeze, and he goes "Hey, have you seen that TFPrime Rumble? The transformation looks almost like Polaris." And I'm like "!" and pull it up real quick. Cause I'd seen that ugly chest-faced bugger and wrote him off. But I knew there was a Japanese version. In red. So I start looking at it, and really studying it. And you know what? It worked. It actually worked. So I ordered 2 from AmiAmi, and $30 later I have them sitting in my room. I swear that box wasn't open 2 mins before he was unscrewed and chopped up. First thing was I needed to get rid of that ugly torso. As some of you may know, I am completely hung up on Animated Arcee. I love that figure. So I had to use her body. The arms and the legs were fine, but didn't connect right. So I drilled out Frenzy's shoulder ports and screwed them onto Arcee. Then I glued and screwed in his hips to give her a wider stance and proper transformation. The height was perfect, the width was perfect. it was amazing. A quick pin and joint job later and she had new arms. The only thing left were the side panels. I liked them, I didn't object to them, but I couldn't figure out a rotation that allowed for storage and transformation. So I fudged just a little. The panels connect from the 5mm holes by the "gas cap" to the screw holed in Arcee's back. I just used some Lego pegs.

And that was it. She looks good. She transforms. I can't believe I actually have a transforming Polaris. I think this is the first time I've be the first time I've been more excited by an alt mode. Some of her proportions are off, like her shoulders are too wide, but I DON"T CARE! I LOVE IT! So, after pushing a decade in development, Polaris can finally be put to rest. Phew. Although, now she needs a tool box and a bigass wrench...

EDIT: As per someone's suggestion, I reversed her feet, so now she had G1 block toes as opposed to those Prime pointy ones. No new pics though.
TM2 Dinobot
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Re: Polaris

Postby Grahf_ » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:40 am

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Nice job overall. It seems that you're very happy with how she turned out and that you consider the quest over but did you reconsider when you seen the newly announced Generations Skids? When I look at the FIRRIB you used and how it turned out it kinda reminded me of Skids.

The chest is all wrong and can't be changed but the alt mode and how Skids has what looks to be the necessary car kibble on his arms it might actually work. Plus it's a CHUG figure and some people are just overly picky with their collections and customs and how they need to have a certain aesthetic which Skids would fit better than FIRRIB.

However your final attempt is a really good one and I like how you worked in the Animated Arcee's chest and arms. Personally though I think the white paint could use a rework. The red looks fine enough but the white looks a little tacky.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Re: Polaris

Postby TM2 Dinobot » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Aye, the white could use another coat of primer, the longer I stare at it the less happy I am. I'll touch it up... Some day.

Thanks for the kinds words!
TM2 Dinobot
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON